Wiki Posts
Search

PHL economy parking walk to terminal F?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
PHL economy parking walk to terminal F?

Is walking from the economy parking lot at PHL to terminal F feasible? I'll soon have my first departure out of F. From a satellite image, it looks like the closest-to-the-airport corner of the economy lot is about 1000 feet from terminal F (ie shorter than the walk from security to the end of the terminal). It also looks like there's a sidewalk, crosswalks, and a way out of the lot, although I can't tell if there's a fence.

Has anyone done this, particularly since the new airside F connector opened?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Interesting question. I think it actually might be feasible.

If you walk out the entrance closest to the airport, it look like a pretty short walk to F. No idea if anyone is going to say anything or tell you that you can't. I wouldn't have thunk it, but yeah, give it a shot.

Of course, if you park on the opposite end of the lot, you're in for a loooong walk.

Last edited by bitburgr; Apr 15, 2016 at 7:43 pm
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by bitburgr
Interesting question. I think it actually might be feasible.

If you walk out the entrance closest to the airport, it look like a pretty short walk to F. No idea if anyone is going to say anything or tell you that you can't. I wouldn't have thunk it, but yeah, give it a shot.

Of course, if you park on the opposite end of the lot, you're in for a loooong walk.
Just did it. Got a spot not terribly far from that corner, and the walk was no problem at all (with a toddler). I would definitely do it again if leaving from the F gates.

No pre check at F security is the drawback.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
I've done it as well. Not too bad a walk.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:34 pm

Hmm. Good to know, specially since you can walk (or airside shuttle) from F to everywhere. My only challenge is to find a spot nearby at the Economy Parking
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:22 am

I used to do that walk regularly, never a problem. If I have to park at the far end of the economy lot I'll usually start walking and jump on a shuttle bus if one is passing. The only issue with the bus is that it heads to Term A first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.