Wiki Posts
Search

1.5 hour layover in PHL Domestic to International

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

1.5 hour layover in PHL Domestic to International

Hello all,

I'm a student and I want to be as efficient as possible when I arrive at Philly International so I am considering whether to use the walkway from Terminal F to A and go through security again or take the American Airlines shuttle from Terminal F to Terminal A.

I will be flying from Syracuse, New York to Philadelphia and will arrive at PHL at 5:10pm (The flight is on time 73% of the time and when it is delayed, it is on average delayed for 20 minutes so let's say 5:30). The plane will arrive at Terminal F. Then, I will need to catch a flight from PHL to Paris, France which will depart at 6:30pm at Terminal A (The flight is delayed almost every single day). From my research, I think that the best option would be to take the American Airlines shuttle from Terminal F to Terminal A so I can skip the TSA security checkpoint. If I take the walkway from Terminal F to A, I would have to goback to TSA security and that might take a while.

So do you think that this plan would work? How many minutes does it take for the American Airlines shuttle loop around? If I take the shuttle, how long would it take for me to get from Terminal F to A?

Thanks a bunch!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Take the shuttle.... It drops you off near A-East.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by jennparis
Hello all,

I'm a student and I want to be as efficient as possible when I arrive at Philly International so I am considering whether to use the walkway from Terminal F to A and go through security again or take the American Airlines shuttle from Terminal F to Terminal A.

I will be flying from Syracuse, New York to Philadelphia and will arrive at PHL at 5:10pm (The flight is on time 73% of the time and when it is delayed, it is on average delayed for 20 minutes so let's say 5:30). The plane will arrive at Terminal F. Then, I will need to catch a flight from PHL to Paris, France which will depart at 6:30pm at Terminal A (The flight is delayed almost every single day). From my research, I think that the best option would be to take the American Airlines shuttle from Terminal F to Terminal A so I can skip the TSA security checkpoint. If I take the walkway from Terminal F to A, I would have to goback to TSA security and that might take a while.

So do you think that this plan would work? How many minutes does it take for the American Airlines shuttle loop around? If I take the shuttle, how long would it take for me to get from Terminal F to A?

Thanks a bunch!
Welcome to Flyertalk! ^

Just so you know, thanks to recent renovations, you can now walk from terminal F to terminal A without having to re-clear security. Figure, if you are walking at a decent pace, on 15 to 20 minutes to do the walk. So if you have plenty of time, I would just walk it - good chance to stretch your legs before the long flight and maybe pick up something at one of the shops. You will pass a lot of decent shopping on the way.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:04 am
formerly PHLGrump

Terminal F to A is a LONG walk. Might be better off taking the shuttle as they run very frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.