Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meeting pax at PHL

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Meeting pax at PHL

I will be arriving from a US domestic flight in Terminal E an hour before my husband is due to arrive from a European International flight in Terminal A West.

How do I get from Terminal E to the Arrivals area (landside) in Terminat A West? I can't find a simple answer from the airport map except for a tour of the many multistorey car parks!

Please help me find a simpler way! Many thanks in advance.
Old May 13, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: BA GfL
You have two options: since you're arriving on a domestic flight, you can remain airside and just walk to Terminal A-East, then exit the terminal and walk outside to Terminal A-West Arrivals. (It is possible to walk airside among all of PHL's terminals except for F and A-West.) The walk will take you 10-15 minutes.

Or you can just exit Terminal E when you get there, and walk to A-West outside on the sidewalk.

AFAIK there is no landside inter-terminal bus at PHL.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much travelmad478 for your advice. It is really clear, and will help me a great deal. As I'm flying domestic (ATL-PHL with AirTran/Southwest codeshare) is baggage reclaim considered to be 'airside' so that I can walk to Terminal A East 'in the dry'?

I really appreciate your clear description of how to get from E to A West arrivals ... I was getting highly frustrated with the airport map - very small when seen altogether and not particularly clear. MANY THANKS.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:43 am

No, if you have baggage then you will need to go landside at Terminal E to pick it up. After that you will have to walk (outdoors) back to A-West. It's not the prettiest walk, but it should only be 10-15 minutes. Just ask someone to point you in the direction of Terminal A and start walking--the terminals are all in one long row.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Poster

I'm now back ... and walked the walk in 95° F to the amusement of the Red Caps I passed at the entrances to various terminals en route! It did take longer than the time suggested because I had a few obstacles - barred pavements requiring me to go into terminals, up a floor and then down again. Terminal A was incredibly gloomy at road level and the signage could have been a bit more helpful .... but I got there in the end, and before my husband's flight arrived so THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE!!!

(PS Never did get my 4 bucks back for the trolley!)
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:33 pm

Glad you made it and happy to help!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:31 pm

For future references may I suggest meeting in the Bar in the Airport Marriott as being easier to get to and much more relaxing
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Too late to help you, but in case others read this thread with a simliar issue: the other option would be to catch the Septa train at the E terminal and simply ride it to the A terminal. This would take less than 5 minutes and would be free since they don't collect tickets until the train leaves the airport.
The train runs every 30 minutes, so depending on the timing, may or may not be quicker than walking, but will certainly save you having to sweat it out on the sidewalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.