Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Odd Question: Empty Hotel Building Near JFK - Info?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium

Hi Esteemed FT'ers...

I am crew for BA, and do quite a lot of JFK flights (which I love...), however, over the past couple of days, I noticed something for the first time...

On the way to JFK from the city... As you are nearing JFK, on the right hand side, as you start to come to a lot of the car rental places, there is quite a reasonable size hotel looking building that is empty. Looks a sizeable property, maybe 200-300 rooms or so... A little bit of red awning above some of the entrances or windows etc...

I was just wondering, as a point of interest, if anyone knows what this building was?

Sorry for the randomness of this question, but I have seen a it the last 3 times I have been to JFK in the last 2 weeks, and it has me curious now...

Thanks,

BBB
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Darn it... Sorry, I just noticed the separate NYC sub-forum... Mods, feel free to move if you wish. Sorry about that.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
It was a major chain- Sheraton or Ramada- just Google it and it'll come up. It closed a few years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.