Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 6, 12, 11:40 pm   #1

Question [Trip advice] Niagara Falls in 4-5 days

Hi there,

I and my girlfriend are planning for a trip to the Falls. I have reviewing tips and guidelines, just to find myself somehow lost and confused. Maybe getting more customized suggestions works out better

So here are our inputs:

- Time: 4-5 days
- Expect to discover the Falls from both US and Canadian side.
- Would love to visit other attractions around the Falls area. Our preference is something natural, such as vineyard, winery, rather than historic like museum or so. But just feel free to make your advice.

While there are a pool of recommendations, which we wish to get some, I think we'd love to begin with these:

- What are the most valuable places/attractions to join, given that time frame?
- Is it better to stay on the US side and spend perhaps one day crossing to Canada to see the Fall? Or will it be better vice versa?
- What are some affordable and acceptable places to stay?
- Other things that you find helpful, such as your own experiences, get-go links...

Thanks
NonSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 12, 2:17 am   #2
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA Gold, EY Silver, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Welcome to FT NonSleeper.

As this is not a trip report I think this will be better served in the Mid-Atlantic destinations forum.

Moomba
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Jul 7, 12, 5:53 am   #3

You didn't say how you are getting there, and which direction you're coming in from.

If it's wineries, and you are coming from south/east, the finger lakes are loaded with them, you could spend a week and not hit the same one twice.
LowlyDLsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 12, 2:20 am   #4

Programs: BA
We visited The Falls last summer as part of a trip to Canada there is a link to the trip report in my sig.

Stay on the Canadian side - its far better. You can stay cheaply by using one if the hotels/motels a short walk from The Falls, but I'd recommend a closer one with a view - we used The Marriott Falls View.

In all honesty, there isn't that much to do there, so 4-5 days is perhaps over kill.

Niagara on the Lake (also featured in my report) is worry a visit, and is a short drive away.

The number of vineyards is endless - we only visited one, but you could literally spend a week visiting different ones

Any questions? I'm happy to help
Old Jul 8, 12, 2:52 am   #5

One of my SIL's favorite wineries is Dr. Franks. On the west side of Seneca Lake, if you like the type, try their Gewurtztraminer. Had to think for awhile.
LowlyDLsilver is offline   Reply With Quote