Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

A long weekend in CDMX (Mexico City)... what catches your attention?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler

I am headed out to CDMX from MCO this Thursday, November 10th via AM in Premier with two friends, and I am really excited to revisit this city after such a long time with high expectations for some urban exploration. We are saying it the PUG SEAL POLANCO in Polanco, and intend to visit a neighborhood a day over four days. Here are my interests, and I would sincerely welcome FTers solid tips:

1) BEST two or three bars for pre-dinner drinks for scenery, human and architectural (drinks too though I am a wine drinker). I would opt for the areas in which we will move ... Condesa/Polanco/Roma or Centro Historic though open to other areas for a hot tip;

2) BEST two, three or more antique shops in the areas we will move ...Condesa/Polanco/Roma or Centro Historic though open to other areas for a hot tip. I typically opt for the interesting and the unusual in this department;

3) BEST two, three or more "people watching" spaces in the areas we will move ... Condesa/Polanco or Centro Historico though open to other areas for a hot tip. "People watching" is a broad category, but typically fashionable or simply interesting individuals catch my interest. An area where people are likely to socially engage then all the better;

4) BEST two, three or more "out of the way" and/or hidden architectural gems that are not routinely "beaten down" by every other CDMX visitor would be a great tip for me. Any suggestions from CDMX expats or seasoned CDMX hands?

As always, I am sincerely appreciative of the time that this community takes to respond to other like minded souls.

Gracias!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Glad to hear you are going to visit - I hope you have a wonderful time - Mexico is a great place.

For people watching always the best bet is to brown bag it with a six-pack or bottle of wine or tokillya and hang out in the Zocalo. No matter what you consider "interesting" or "fashionable" you will be sure to find it there, in abundance. in any of those other places - just look for the busiest place at the time you are walking around the neighborhood. When it gets slow - move to the next busy place.

I have no suggestions for antiques - but if you just want to look maybe try the anthropology museum.

Architecture in Mexico covers hundreds of years and myriad styles, so you really haven't narrowed anything down in terms of folks here being able to offer suggestions. Just google "xxx style of architecture in mexico city" and you will get lots of lists.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:50 am

Posted in wrong place. Sorry.

Last edited by KyRoamer; Nov 13, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.