Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Afternoon arrival, early morning dep - what to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist

Hi All -

I'm arriving MEX around 2pm and departing at 530am the following morning. I've currently got the Hilton at the airport booked but I'm wondering if it's worth:

1. going into town and back that afternoon/evening to explore a bit
2. staying in town?

I've been to Mexico City, but it's been about 5-6 years. Spent most of time in the Zocalo, exploring historical stuff.

My main concern is that early morning departure.

Any suggestions/recommendations? I'm probably happy to just relax in the hotel but it seems such a shame to pass up some time in town!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Pues, ¿quihubo?

My twenty five centavos say "the Hilton". If you feel energetic and wish so, you can go to town and enjoy dinner or whatever, and then be at the Hilton without any worries about traffic - because as you likely know, the Hilton is within the airport's Terminal 1. If it's been one of those days", you don't have to go anywhere; decide when you get there, and booking the Hilton makes that choice easier, en mi opinión.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Ended up staying in - even though that Hilton was no great shakes.

But, I was not in the mood to venture. I like that it's right above the food court - kind of like having a buffet all the time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.