Wiki Posts
Search

Cold and raining [Jan 2014 weather anomalies]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Cold and raining [Jan 2014 weather anomalies]

So I'm in Cancun for the first time in my life. We've been here about 5 days now and had one good weather day. It's cool and raining almost all the time. The place we're staying is beautiful and we love it, BUT I don't think we'll return at the beginning of January.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:12 pm

And avoid the summer unless you like hot rainy afternoon thunderstorms.

Cancun generally has a dry winter, wet summer climate so January rain, while not completely unusual is certainly not something I would have expected either.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by thebat
So I'm in Cancun for the first time in my life. We've been here about 5 days now and had one good weather day. It's cool and raining almost all the time. The place we're staying is beautiful and we love it, BUT I don't think we'll return at the beginning of January.
Well, you could be shoveling snow in the largely below zero U.S !
We've had good luck with weather in the Yucatan in October, in more than one year.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

On a trip to PVR during the typically dry season, we had one or two days of rain, and I think everyone in the city apologized to me about it. My hotel sent someone running out to buy an umbrella which they then loaned to me for the duration.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Canada-USA vortex caused weather in the twenties (Fahrenheit) in the US south. The Caribbean has suffered very unseasonal wet weather - to the point of floodings in places like Guadeloupe and St. Lucia.

Unseasonal rains and cool weather are definitely affectin g Mexico at the moment.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

We have been in San Miguel de Allende for the last 2 weeks. We had nothing but cool cloudy weather...even two days of solid rain ( in my 20 years of coming I have never experienced that!)

Two days ago, although still cold at night, the days have turned sunny and normal.....72-75 degrees.

I feel better. and tan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.