Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best Hotel in New York for a family?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta platinum Marriott Plat. Avis Preferred US Air Platinum

My family wants to visit New York city next summer. We would have 4 in a room (2 adults and 2 kids) and would need two double beds.

We would do all the typical tourist things including a play or two, museums, tours, shopping, possibly attend a Yankee game, and dining. We would use some taxis but would learn the subway system very well in a week.

I was looking at the Marriott website and saw that the Marquis does not come up when I put 4 people into the system for a weekly reward stay. I am assuming they would allow 4 if the stay involves a family.

What other Marriott should I consider? Any that you would recommend would be appreciative. A concierge lounge is important to us for breakfast.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
How about the Residence Inn Times Square? Breakfast is part of the deal along with evening grub Mon-Wed. It should have more space for everybody than a regular NY hotel.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Never would have thought of that. I'll check it out.

Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:24 pm
jaf

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), UAL (Premier Exec), SPG (Platinum), Hyatt (Diamond), Marriott (Plat), Hertz (Prez)
btw - marriott marquis' concierge lounge is only open to platinum's or people who pay for the room upgrade. however, looks like your plat so that should be ok.

from what i've heard marriott marquis is very nice (altho i've never been there). you could always reserve a room for 3 and sneak in the 4th. with a hotel that big there's hardly a chance you'd get caught (besides checking in which is easy to get around) ... and i doubt they would even care. and you could insist on the double beds.

or you could also call marriott and ask for the 4 person option.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Jaf,

I've been told the Marquis is exceptional so I will call them and see if 4 is a problem. I've also heard that the Renaissance is nice as well. Apparently, you don't need to book them 50 weeks out like Hawaii and Europe, so I have plenty of time to do more research.

Thanks for your help. It is appreciated.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I believe that you will find that the Mt. Marquis will be the best facility for your family stay in NYC.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:56 am

I have to agree with DENROC. I am good for about 25 nights a year in the NYC area. I take my family with me when possilbe.

Marqui is the way to go with the family.

The rooms in the Marqui are the largest in NYC.

The lobby and elevators alone will make your family go WOW!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 9:29 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I agree with the Marquis crowd. In fact, we, 4 of us, will be staying at the Marquis this coming Sunday. ^ I actually reserved 2 rooms and have another family coming with us. I'm hopeful that all of us will have CL access.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
It is true that the Marquis shows that 4 are not allowed in the room - I am not certain WHY that would be since they have lots of rooms with (2) double beds, and those rooms are also coded to allow for a rollaway or crib.

I have been there 4 times this year (just left last Fri) with family members and/friends - and all have loved it. I will be there again in Sept and in Nov. The highest compliment to the hotel? I have actually PAID to stay there over other, points available locations in the city.

Although I never have 4 in a room, I certainly see many families of 4 on the elevators and in the halls - and at the rates of the Marquis, I find it hard to believe they all reserved 2 rooms!

They also (IMO) treat Plats well at this hotel.

hhoope01 I almost always have 2 rooms reserved, and both sets of keys have worked for the CL....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.