Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ohare Renaissance Suites - Any Recent Experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2008, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa gold, usair silver, hilton gold

I am trying to decide between the ORD Ren and the ORD Doubletree. Anyone have any recent experience at the Ren? Any suggetions re rooms/floors to avoid or ask for?
Thanks
Old May 1, 2008, 12:27 pm

I was there last month for one night due to a United Airlines cancellation.

The rate was very reasonable $99, room was very very nice, front desk staff were friendly and professional. Platinum amenity was delivered within 15 minutes of my arrival ^

I would not think twice about staying there in the future
Old May 1, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: UAL MM, MR Life Plat, HH Silver, Hertz Prez , and many entry level
Originally Posted by kansaitim
I am trying to decide between the ORD Ren and the ORD Doubletree. Anyone have any recent experience at the Ren? Any suggetions re rooms/floors to avoid or ask for?
I "lived there" from Feb 2007 through Sept 2007. I would return to this hotel in any time I'm in that area. The staff is WONDERFUL, greeted us by name every time we came through the lobby (or saw them anywhere). The rooms were always clean and bright. Ask for *16 rooms if you can get them (they're in a corner of the building, and have windows on two sides. That's any floor, #16.

Tell them Steve Parker says HI....

Steve
Old May 1, 2008, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
One of my favorite business hotels...lovely room and those corner ones are nice but I love the layout of the suite...service is fantastic...airport shuttle nice, all over, a very nice and relatively new property....huge shower as well, one of the largest I have seen.
Old May 3, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, million miler, Marriott Platinum, AA
Agreed, very, very nice hotel. Nice rooms, close to ORD, etc...and one of the biggest bathrooms I've seen outside of Las Vegas. The only downfall is there isn't much outside of the hotel, i.e. few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
Old May 3, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold, MC Plat., Star Plat.
Great hotel

Stayed last fall for two nights, rooms were nice and big, had a corner room which is nice and staff was great!
Very high charge for parking considering how much parking is in the area.
There are several resturants just South but you need a car, food at the hotel was ok. The shuttle will take you to the nearby convention center where there are several good resturants just across the street.
Old May 3, 2008, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by machrochirus
Agreed, very, very nice hotel. Nice rooms, close to ORD, etc...and one of the biggest bathrooms I've seen outside of Las Vegas. The only downfall is there isn't much outside of the hotel, i.e. few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
This was where i used my 1st cat 4 Visa cert and agree that the room was nice.

Another slight downside is the lack of a real hotel shop/drugstore and none withing walking distance.

Until I could make it into the city the next afternoon, I had to repeatedly ask the front desk for needed items. as they would only give me 1 at time.
Old May 4, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Unless you have a car, there is virtually nothing in the Ren area. The only walkable restaurant is a smoke-filled Bennigans.
Old May 4, 2008, 2:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
I heard its really nice, better than the Marriott Suites at ORD
Old May 4, 2008, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
It sure is

The suites at the Ren. are definitely much nicer than the ORD Marriott's.
Old May 4, 2008, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Yes, it's a great hotel. Super clean, great fitness room, nice staff, and the food is decent as well. Like others have said, NOTHING in the area though.

Always ask for the walk up rate, which is dirt cheap..like $99..like you got.
Old May 5, 2008, 4:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Yes forgot to mention the food there...they have a meat loaf that is to die for.
Old May 14, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
I stayed at the Ren on a Park&Fly rate. All the accolades are 100% correct, this is a nice hotel. For more restaurant options, just take the "El" bridge over to the Marriott side of the highway and there are a few more places...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
OK, it's been more than 6 years - does anyone have any recent experience here?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
OK, it's been more than 6 years - does anyone have any recent experience here?
There have been more recent updates; maybe in a different thread? I stayed there a couple of years ago & had a good experience. I thought I did a trip report in this forum on it.

Some updates in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...airport-7.html

However, if you do stay at the property please do a trip report in this thread as it's property-specific. The other thread is a comparison thread.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.