Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Courtyard Charlotte City Center with my Dad last night before the Panthers game today. The guestrooms are on five floors that are on top of a parking deck ($12/day for hotel guests but can keep car there for game day at the hotel parking rate which is great).

Lobby is standard city hotel lobby with a bar and "The Market" that is standard in CYs. The room was the most modern and "new" CY room I've seen in quite some time - not sure when the hotel was built but can't complain. There's a pool (was closed) and a gym on H1 (first hotel floor) both of which are pretty solid for a CY (the gym had ellipticals / treadmills / bike / free weights / weight machines making it relatively big for a CY gym).

We had a 2Q room that looked virtually identical to this picture I found on Google Images (link): http://www.tnetnoc.com//hotelphotos/...Room-2-DEF.jpg. I'd say the pictures on the Marriott website are pretty accurate too - didn't take any on my own this time so have to rely on those. Didn't seem to get any Platinum upgrade (though it was full because of the game) but they did give me 400 welcome points and a card that could be redeemed for any food or drink from "The Market" including alcohol (except for the full bottles of wine).

It's about 0.5 miles to Bank of America Stadium, right on South Tryon and 3rd. If you have any business in downtown Charlotte it's a good option (Duke Energy Center, BofA HQ, Wells Fargo, etc. are all within a short walking distance) and there are a good number of bars / restaurants within walking distance as well.

The icing on the cake is as a Cat 5 it's eligible for the Marriott Card annual certificate and IMO, a great use of it (especially for gameday weekends when the prices are higher than usual). Hopefully it stays a Cat 5 so that when we go to our annual game next year we can stay again.

I haven't stayed at the Marriott City Center so I can't make a direct comparison but head to head if the CY is cheaper, it should be more than sufficient unless you need the bells and whistles they offer at FS Marriott's.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Springhill Suites Charlotte University Park

Stay Report - 1/23 - 1/24

Location: The hotel is located on WT Harris Blvd (NC-24) a quarter mile west of I-85 and a mile west of N. Tryon Street (US 29). This is a built up area of Charlotte with a number of restaurants, bars and stores nearby as well as UNC-Charlotte (Hence the "University" part). CLT is a 20 minute drive and downtown about 15 minutes. The hotel shares a parking lot with the TPS and a Carrabba's.

Hotel: This is a slightly older SHS but it's a building constructed to be a SHS. The lobby is large and inviting and there's a combined snack shop and business center in it. Just off the lobby is an indoor pool and hot tub as well as a small fitness center. There's also plenty of parking.

Check In: It was nice having an agent who was friendly and helpful at 10 PM. He also thanked me for being a Gold Elite and let me pull a football out of a bowl of footballs to win a prize. I got 100 Marriott Points.

Room: Very large and comfortable. The living room area was very nice and I liked having a kitchenette and a desk. The bathroom is okay but the SHS bathroom design with a room holding the toilet and shower with the sink outside in the carpeted area is odd. I did note that with the thermostat didn't work in my room and there was no hot water. I also overheard another guest saying their hot water didn't work.

Breakfast/Other: Breakfast had scrambled eggs and ham as well as cereal, yogurt, oatmeal and breads. When checking out I brought up the room issues and the GM let me name my own compensation for it. I suggested 5,000 MR points and she accepted.

My rate was $119 and even with the issues I'd come back. I like the SHS brand and I was glad to have an employee want to make things right with me. That goes a long way.

Last edited by CMK10; Jan 25, 2018 at 8:33 pm
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:46 am

Ever since they did the renovations to the Center City Marriott the price has gone through the roof during the week! I used to be able to stay there under my allotted amount of $200. Now it is always over $300!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Springhill Suites Charlotte Concord Mills / Speedway - Stay Report - 2/27 - 2/28

Location: The hotel is located on the east side of I-85 at Exit 49. A half mile away is the Concord Mills Mall which has a number of restaurants and there are just as many within walking distance of the hotel (in fact it shares a parking lot with Texas Roadhouse). There are a number of other hotels nearby as well and the only issue is that traffic can get bad around here at rush hour.

Hotel: The hotel is fairly new and in good shape. The parking lot is big enough and there's a comfortable lobby and breakfast area. Be advised that their indoor pool is currently closed.

Check In: Handled well by the helpful front desk staff.

Room: Bigger than I'm used to at SHS properties. Large living room with pull out couch, desk area, kitchenette, bedroom area with two queens and of course the odd bathroom layout. Everything worked well including the wifi and there were outlets near the bed.

Breakfast: They had ham and scrambled eggs as well as the usual cold options like breads and yogurt, cereal, fruit etc.

My rate was $120 which isn't bad for Charlotte midweek. The hotel is close enough to 85 that you can get pretty much anywhere you need fairly easily. I'd be back.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report w/ pics. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:13 am

Springhill Suites Charlotte Airport - Stay Report - 4/8 - 4/9

Location: The hotel is located on Scott Futtrell Drive just off I-85 and Billy Graham Parkway (Exit 33). The area around the hotel is pretty seedy and features a Baymont Inn and a strip club in adjacent parking lots. CLT is a mere 3 miles away and downtown Charlotte probably about 15 minutes depending on traffic.

Hotel: The hotel is an older style converted building that was clearly not designed to be a SHS. The lobby and breakfast area are pretty small but they do have a business center and sweet shop next to the front desk. There's a 24 hour fitness center and indoor gym. The parking lot, however, is too small and gets crowded easily.

Check In: I arrived at midnight and wasn't given any Gold recognition. Just told when breakfast was and sent on my way.

Room: Very disappointing. In addition to being far smaller than the average SHS room (I frequent two other SHS properties in Charlotte). I was greeted with stained and damaged furniture. Otherwise everything else was fine I guess. The shower worked well and there were outlets near the bed.

Breakfast: They had scrambled eggs and sausage to make breakfast salsa bowls with along with the usual cold items.

This hotel is unfortunately a substandard example of the brand and next time I'll stay at my usual location up in University.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:38 pm

So I’m heading to Charlotte this Saturday night for the Belk Kickoff Classic. Since this is a last minute trip for a game day event hotel prices downtown are very high. (I’m not paying $1300 a night for a MarrIott). So the following are options all for 25K points. Ideally I’d be in walking distance to BofA stadium. Thoughts on these

AC Hotel Charlotte City Center
Residence Inn Charlotte City
Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown
Sheraton Charlotte (This one looks too far from stadium)

thanks

Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So I’m heading to Charlotte this Saturday night for the Belk Kickoff Classic. Since this is a last minute trip for a game day event hotel prices downtown are very high. (I’m not paying $1300 a night for a MarrIott). So the following are options all for 25K points. Ideally I’d be in walking distance to BofA stadium. Thoughts on these

AC Hotel Charlotte City Center
Residence Inn Charlotte City
Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown
Sheraton Charlotte (This one looks too far from stadium)

thanks

Ac Hotel hands down! It just opened 1-2 weeks ago! It is at the top of the Epicenter and very high up! Depending on how old you are the night life will be right below your hotel. The hotel is high enough where you won't hear it either! You may be the first person to use this room! Report back your experience if you choose this one! The Sheraton is outdated fyi!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
I stayed at the Sheraton Charlotte Airport a few days ago, and I was really impressed. I admit I wasn't expecting that much from an older airport hotel, but this ended up being one of the better hotel stays I've had recently,

The standout was the staff. The front desk provided real hospitality, and kindly offered me free parking for the few days while I was going to be away on my trip. To bookend the visit, when I got back from my trip the airport shuttle bus driver was just as friendly and helpful, dropping me off right at my car in the parking lot.

The property itself may not be the most stylish or modern, but everything is in great shape and quite fresh and clean, with lots of space. The one knock is that the windows aren't sufficiently soundproofed, so I did have some problem with noise from the highway.

The club lounge is a bit modest in size, but it seemed to have most of the standard offerings and ample space for the weekday morning that I was there.

The icing on the cake was indeed ... cake! They had seen my birthday was coming up over the weekend, and thus they had an elegantly decorated personal cheesecake waiting in the room, along with a hand-written birthday card from the front desk staff. It was the perfect way to make me feel welcome.

Kudos to the everyone at the property for making what could have been a mediocre hotel into a star.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:30 am

Towne Place Suites Charlotte University Research Park

Stay Report - 7/17 - 7/18

Location: The hotel is located on W.T. Harris Blvd just west of I-85 in the same complex with a Springhill Suites and a Macaroni Grill. Nearby are a number of other restaurants, mainly chians, as well as the University Place Mall which now has a really good brewery. Because of the proximity to I-85 you can get to downtown or CLT in 15 minutes with no traffic.

Hotel: The hotel is an older style TPS location where it feels like an apartment complex. There's a really tiny office area that has a single computer business center and a small sundry store. There's a separate room for breakfast but it's also pretty small. Outside is a too small parking lot and tiny outdoor pool.

Check In: I had a very friendly agent who thanked me for being Titanium and offered me either bonus points or a marketplace item. I had no issue getting a 2 PM check out either.

Room: Actually really nice. It had a big kitchen, large, comfortable bed, really nice work area and a decent sized bathroom. As I had to be in the room a lot during the day between appointments it was a nice place to spend time in. WIfi also worked well.

Food: When I arrived in the evening there was a manager's reception with chicken salad, croissants, fruit and chips. For breakfast there was sausage and premade omelets plus some cold items.

For $108 a night this hotel is perfectly fine, especially if you're going to be in your room a lot.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:53 pm
Suspended

I’m staying here later this month as a titanium. Pray for me
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:16 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Had a stay recently at the Marriott Charlotte SouthPark. Had a good stay - no complaints. Rooms were new and/or renovated with modern furnishings and the faux wood floors. Easy walk to the shops/restaurants behind the hotel and across the street to the big mall.

Complimentary self-parking. M Lounge open 24/7 with happy hour in the evening (two complimentary house beers/wines per person).

Last edited by JY1024; Dec 27, 2019 at 8:23 pm
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by JY1024
Had a stay recently at the Marriott Charlotte SouthPark. Had a good stay - no complaints. Rooms were new and/or renovated with modern furnishings and the faux wood floors. Easy walk to the shops/restaurants behind the hotel and across the street to the big mall.

Complimentary self-parking. M Lounge open 24/7 with happy hour in the evening (two complimentary house beers/wines per person).

I stay there all the time and love it. You should also check out the Renaissance in the same complex. Their rooms were just redone a year ago and was really nice. They are also building a AC Hotel right next to the Marriott and should be open in late January. I love that the lounge is 24/7 and that they offer free beer or wine. Also it is great to be able to walk to the South Park mall instead of just sitting in my hotel room. One of the nicest malls I have ever been to. Also right behind the hotel like 10 steps is Paco's Tacos and Tequila. It's the best steak fajitas I have ever had. Also for more upscale there is Bricktop's and Toscana as well.

This hotel and the Renaissance is amazing and I am excited to try the new AC Hotel. Renaissance does not have the ease of walking like the Marriott and Future AC do. Stay away from Courtyard in this complex not nice!
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:54 pm

Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Arrowood - Stay Report - 8/28 to 8/29

Location: The hotel is located on Arrowood Road just east of Exit 3 on I-77. This is about as far south as you can get in the Charlotte area of NC before you hit South Carolina. Nearby are a few other hotels and a number of fast food places including a Sonic, Starbucks and Jack in the Box. Because of the proximity to I-77 you can get around easily but be advised that there's a lot of rush hour traffic in this area.

Hotel: A typical suburban early generation Courtyard that's aging semi gracefully. It's a sprawling complex with a parking lot that wraps the whole hotel which at least cuts down on walking. There's a small outdoor pool in the center of the hotel and the typical Pantry area in the lobby. Currently they are serving coffee in the AM and some grab and go snacks.

Check In: A friendly agent thanked me for being Titanium and asked if I wanted points or a $10 F&B credit.

Room: I had reserved a suite which was actually very nice. The bedroom was separate from the living room which made holding a few meetings easy. The living area had a work area, small kitchen area with fridge (though no coffee maker which was really annoying), there was a decent sized bathroom and a small closet and the bedroom. Noise was not an issue and the wifi worked well.

Overall this is a really good value for Charlotte. I'd be back.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Weeklong stay - FS properties recommendation

Hi All - Looking for recommendations for a weeklong stay in Charlotte around Labor Day. Interested in FS properties and ideally reasonable pricing. Ren and Marriott Southpark look promising - has anyone stayed at either of them recently and can comment on breakfast amenities for elites?

I was also looking at Grand Bohemian, but alas that has a $38 valet fee..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.