Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which is a better property in Danbury CT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2005, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold

Will be in Danbury next month and can't decide between the Springhill Suites
or the Residence Inn. I will be staying two weeks there. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: former UA1K, Marriott/Hilton Silver
Both are fairly new properties Springhill is the newest. The Res. Inn is next door to a very popular Chuck's Steakhouse, that's good - great food but can get busy and parking can be a little tight. You would want a high floor with room facing the front as the highway is on the back of the building. It is also adjacent to the Danbury Fair Mall, chain restaurants (red lob, olive garden).

The Springhill Suites is on the westside of town with nothing in walking distance - but a few restaurants, the Sheraton and a Starbucks are not too far. It's further off the highway so it might be a little quieter. It's only 5 minutes down the road from the mall so it's up to you.

There also is a new Courtyard on the eastside of town - it would depend on where you are headed each day as the highway between the Res and the Court gets busy at rush hour.

I guess I'm leaning to the Res. Inn - central location and where you can be a regular at Chuck's bar and walk accross the parking lot to your room. Fairly nice casual bar. More activity near the Res Inn but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Last edited by capetime5; Sep 17, 2005 at 2:13 pm
Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:21 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
Danbury, CT properties

As a former resident of Danbury, pre 9/11, and having stayed at the RI and CY, I'd select the CY unless you hate to fight traffic during the rush hour. Yes, the RI has more amenities nearby but unless you face the front side, the freeway noise might be too much. Also the rates during the first week of October shows RI charging $20/night more than the others. Is that worth it? The CY has amenities nearby on Route 6 or 7, so it's not too isolated.
Be sure to visit Stew Leonard's market and get some free food while being entertained by the mechanical animals.

HJ
Old Sep 19, 2005, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I've stayed at the SS and the CY, but not the RI. That being said, I was actually pretty impressed with the hospitality at both properties. I guess if I was staying two weeks the 5 points/$ at the RI wouldn't bother me too much... okay, yes it would. For that fact alone I probably wouldn't consider the RI.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:59 am

Programs: former UA1K, Marriott/Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I've stayed at the SS and the CY, but not the RI. That being said, I was actually pretty impressed with the hospitality at both properties. I guess if I was staying two weeks the 5 points/$ at the RI wouldn't bother me too much... okay, yes it would. For that fact alone I probably wouldn't consider the RI.
You know what, I forgot about the lower points, and the fact that the SS is nearby and only a couple years old, I probably would go SS too!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; United Platinum; AA Gold
This is an old thread but I couldn't find anything about the Danbury Courtyard before my stay, so I figured I should provide an update.

I stayed @ the Danbury Courtyard for 2 nights this past weekend and it was a very positive overall experience. The lobby is renovated like most modern Courtyards and the elevator works pretty well.

There is a steakhouse and a sushi restaurant in the same parking lot, with lots of other options and stores across the street. I would definitely consider staying there again next time I'm in the area.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BostonBusinessTraveler
This is an old thread but I couldn't find anything about the Danbury Courtyard before my stay, so I figured I should provide an update.

I stayed @ the Danbury Courtyard for 2 nights this past weekend and it was a very positive overall experience. The lobby is renovated like most modern Courtyards and the elevator works pretty well.

There is a steakhouse and a sushi restaurant in the same parking lot, with lots of other options and stores across the street. I would definitely consider staying there again next time I'm in the area.
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.