Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Sao Paulo [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to carsnoceans:

Datapoint - Airport express bus (http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/en/linhas) stops here directly from the airport. For return, take a short cab to Hotel Maksoud (roughly 1km from Renaissance) as ride starts from there. Tickets can be purchased on the bus for the return part, if you didnt purchase one at airport for both ways.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance Sao Paulo [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Gold
Anyone know if the lounge here is open on Easter weekend?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
You want the Guarulhos-Avenida Paulista line...
Thanks Dual Citizen Expat and NDDomer86 for the information, much appreciated.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Was hoping someone can help me out here - I am planning to switch my stay from the Marriott GRU to this property but we will be 3 pax and the room details lists 2 as maximum. How strict are they on enforcing this policy? I'd prefer to not have to get 2 rooms for 3 people when we can snugly fit in a standard 2 double room. (Also, if I get upgraded, maybe a suite doesn't have this 2 person maximum?)

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Any updates on this property? I'm planning staying there for a couple of nights next March. Is the Lounge still good, upgrade chance for Plat Members etc?

TIA
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I had one of my worst stays ever there. My colleague checked in first. Here's what happened

1. They claimed he was not on the reservation (his name actually was on the reservation, I personally reconfirmed this with Marriott Resevations and had to get them to call the hotel.)
2. They refused to honor the AAA rate (which was less than $10 cheaper than the otherwise available rate) and wanted to charge the rack rate. They wouldn't even change it to the slightly higher available rate. It took a lot of effort to get this fixed and multiple phone calls and emails from me between my flights (it did finally get resolved and they charged us the rate booked).
3. They did not allow my colleague any lounge access or benefits (within their rights I suppose, but poor form imo. I did not arrive until after the lounge had closed that evening.) He is a Marriott Rewards member, but just a Silver.
4. I did not receive any Marriott Rewards points until I contacted a manager after the stay.
5. the Front Desk staff were, in our opinions, unfriendly and rude.

This doesn't mean that others will be treated so badly, but we sure didn't get very good treatment. I will not return.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Any updates on this property? I'm planning staying there for a couple of nights next March. Is the Lounge still good, upgrade chance for Plat Members etc?

TIA
Lounge is great, particuarly nights when there is an event at the ballroom. Friday happy hour is great. Been at this hotel four times, fifth time next week.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I had one of my worst stays ever there. My colleague checked in first. Here's what happened

1. They claimed he was not on the reservation (his name actually was on the reservation, I personally reconfirmed this with Marriott Resevations and had to get them to call the hotel.)
2. They refused to honor the AAA rate (which was less than $10 cheaper than the otherwise available rate) and wanted to charge the rack rate. They wouldn't even change it to the slightly higher available rate. It took a lot of effort to get this fixed and multiple phone calls and emails from me between my flights (it did finally get resolved and they charged us the rate booked).
3. They did not allow my colleague any lounge access or benefits (within their rights I suppose, but poor form imo. I did not arrive until after the lounge had closed that evening.) He is a Marriott Rewards member, but just a Silver.
4. I did not receive any Marriott Rewards points until I contacted a manager after the stay.
5. the Front Desk staff were, in our opinions, unfriendly and rude.

This doesn't mean that others will be treated so badly, but we sure didn't get very good treatment. I will not return.
I cannot speak for your reservation process as that is always a back and forth. And as long as you got your Rewards Points, so what. You're the only person in the world who had to call or email to get them? As for staff conduct, I will defend the front desk staff until the bitter end. I've stayed at this hotel four times and they have been nothing but over the top helpful and friendly. In fact, two staff members came over to my wife and me every night while we were having a cocktail in the lounge to see how were enjoying our stay in the hotel and in Sao Paulo. Our last trip in April was for the arrival of our grandson and they bought a baby gift for him out of their own money. I sent an email to management at Marriott to suggest they use this hotel for training staff at other hotels. They are that good. Maybe you were treating them rudely and with impatience. A person can grin and bare only so much.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by george 3
Lounge is great, particuarly nights when there is an event at the ballroom. Friday happy hour is great. Been at this hotel four times, fifth time next week.
Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by george 3
I cannot speak for your reservation process as that is always a back and forth. And as long as you got your Rewards Points, so what. You're the only person in the world who had to call or email to get them? As for staff conduct, I will defend the front desk staff until the bitter end. I've stayed at this hotel four times and they have been nothing but over the top helpful and friendly. In fact, two staff members came over to my wife and me every night while we were having a cocktail in the lounge to see how were enjoying our stay in the hotel and in Sao Paulo. Our last trip in April was for the arrival of our grandson and they bought a baby gift for him out of their own money. I sent an email to management at Marriott to suggest they use this hotel for training staff at other hotels. They are that good. Maybe you were treating them rudely and with impatience. A person can grin and bare only so much.
I think you're a bit out of line with your response. GrizShel was detailing his experience & even stated others might not have the same experience, which is being fair. If I were him & encountered some of the difficulties he did I would not be happy with the property either. That you have had good experiences does not negate that others might not have had the same good experience. FT exists so people can detail both & others know what to expect.

Cheers.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I think you're a bit out of line with your response. GrizShel was detailing his experience & even stated others might not have the same experience, which is being fair. If I were him & encountered some of the difficulties he did I would not be happy with the property either. That you have had good experiences does not negate that others might not have had the same good experience. FT exists so people can detail both & others know what to expect.

Cheers.
what she said. I did not claim my experience represents yours or anyone else's George. Perhaps we ran into rogue employees who have since been fired for all I know. But that does not mean I didn't experience what I experienced. If I had good experiences I would defend the property too, but I would humbly suggest that one should not attack the veracity of others who had a different experience for no good reason.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:09 am

I enjoyed my two nights stay at this property. Was upgraded to a corner "suite" on the 24th floor. The food and drink offerings in the lounge were very good. Staff very friendly and helpful.^
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Does anyone have an email for their concierge? It would be much appreciated if you could post here or PM me
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Impressed so far !!

Staying at this hotel for one night. As a Gold, I got upgraded to a Madison suite on the 18th floor. Did not even have to ask for an upgrade.

Club access, enhanced Internet, breakfast in the lounge or the Buffett downstairs and a 100 real credit for use in the hotel. Total rate booked was $150/night.

Lounge is very nice and spread out. Good food offerings in the evening with free caipirinhas ( a few of these and I will be sleeping like a baby).

Very nice and helpful staff.
Old May 1, 2016, 5:41 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Is this bus service still the best way to get here?

http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/en/linhas

Reading up older posts, the bus stops at this hotel. Not sure if that's still the case. If not, I'll prefer to take a taxi.
Also, where is the bus stop point in GRU?
Old May 27, 2016, 2:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Got here today. Up in the lounge now and there is a large group of Americans being extremely rude, loud, every other word is F this F that. They've probably consumed 4 glasses of champagne each in the 30 min they've been here. Attendant doesn't seem to care about how obnoxious they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.