Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Sao Paulo [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to carsnoceans:

Datapoint - Airport express bus (http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/en/linhas) stops here directly from the airport. For return, take a short cab to Hotel Maksoud (roughly 1km from Renaissance) as ride starts from there. Tickets can be purchased on the bus for the return part, if you didnt purchase one at airport for both ways.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance Sao Paulo [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 3:51 am

Programs: 1K, Life-Marriott Plat
Thanks for the updates.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:02 pm

Thumbs up Fantastic Stay!

I was there for 7 nights earlier this month and my stay was fantastic!

Being Platinum I was able to check-in on the 23 floor which is where the concierge lounge is located.

I was upgraded to a junior suite room XX09. Very nice suite with a great view of the city. Comfortable king bed but pillows had no support. 32 inch plasma flat screen TV, Bathroom had a double sink with a jacuzzi and separate stand up shower. Great curved desk with US/Canada electric ports.

Staff were very friendly especially the lounge staff. One staff member stood out her name is Luciana. She worked during breakfast and was absolutely wonderful. Always had a smile, personally greeted me each morning.

The lounge was one of the best I've visited in a very very long time. Hours were 6AM - Midnight. Business room had 4 computer terminals with internet access and a printer. Breakfast consisted of chunky fresh fruit (Pineapple, Papaya, Mango, Watermelon & Honeydew Melon) cereal, french toast with real Canadian maple syrup ^ scrambled eggs, 3 variety of cheeses, various cold cuts (Ham, Turkey & Chicken) baked goods included bagels, sweet bread, cookies, croissants (chocolate & plain) cinnamon buns and regular toast. Yoghurt drinks and regular fruit yoghurt, freshly squeezed orange, watermelon and papaya juice ^ along with fresh coffee, tea and cappuccino made to order.

During the day there were small sandwiches, nuts, soft-drinks, bottled water and mini brownies and cupcakes.

Evening offerings consisted of nuts, mini sandwiches, quesadillas, hot fish sticks, cheese balls, complimentary alcohol drinks. I recommend a caipirinha ^ desserts varied from cakes to truffles or chocolate mousse. Soft-drinks and bottled water along with coffee and tea were also available.

The fitness centre was complimentary, well equipped with free weights and many machines. Water was also provided. They were open late until 11PM every day ^

The security at the hotel was very good as I witnessed them stop many people and asked for their room key. The hotel elevator only operates with a room key. ^

Hotel was clean & modern.

Overall my stay was a 9 out of 10.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:53 pm

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I was there for two nights and second the observations. Great Hotel in a Great location (easy Metro access, Airport Bus, Av. Paulista at your doorstep)
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates to the in-room furnishings or changes to the hotel?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any updates to the in-room furnishings or changes to the hotel?
Just staying here at the moment. The entire lobby area has been completely refurbished since my last visit, and has definitely more intelligent vibe than previously.

They are starting room refurbishments January next year. Floor by floor starting from the lowest ones first.

Apparently the AA crews have been kicked out. Not sure where they are staying nowadays.

The evening cocktail hours at the lounge have been extended. Now from 4PM to 8PM.

Last edited by holtju2; Sep 26, 2011 at 5:46 pm
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Just staying here at the moment. The entire lobby area has been completely refurbished since my last visit, and has definitely more intelligent vibe than previously.

They are starting room refurbishments January next year. Floor by floor starting from the lowest ones first.

Apparently the AA crews have been kicked out. Not sure where they are staying nowadays.

The evening cocktail hours at the lounge have been extended. Now from 4PM to 8PM.
Do you know if the lounge is open on the weekend? If not, do they offer brekkie coupons? If not, is it key accessible for soda/water? Does it have i-net terminals and/or free wifi? Please post if you know & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Do you know if the lounge is open on the weekend? If not, do they offer brekkie coupons? If not, is it key accessible for soda/water? Does it have i-net terminals and/or free wifi? Please post if you know & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Open seven days a week:

Breakfast daily until 10:30AM or so
Complimentary red/white/sparkling/alcoholic beverages from 4PM to 8PM daily
Appertizers/cheese daily from 5:30PM till 8PM

All other times: soft drinks/juice available, finger sandwiches, energy bars, fruits, and quite a large selection of nuts/dried fruit
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Open seven days a week:

Breakfast daily until 10:30AM or so
Complimentary red/white/sparkling/alcoholic beverages from 4PM to 8PM daily
Appertizers/cheese daily from 5:30PM till 8PM

All other times: soft drinks/juice available, finger sandwiches, energy bars, fruits, and quite a large selection of nuts/dried fruit
Thanks. I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:42 pm

Any chance anyone has a contact email for a manager there?

I am looking to stay there for just one night but arriving early and departing late. What do you think my odds are? I will be arriving at 7am and my flight out isnt until midnight the following day. Do you think there is any chance I could get a super early check in and a super late check out? I'm a platinum member, I'm hoping that helps somewhat.

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2011, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by utl567

I am looking to stay there for just one night but arriving early and departing late. What do you think my odds are? I will be arriving at 7am and my flight out isnt until midnight the following day. Do you think there is any chance I could get a super early check in and a super late check out? I'm a platinum member, I'm hoping that helps somewhat.
IMHO it is really up to the hotel but wouldn't except it all. This is one very busy hotel and even then, what you are suggesting, would be pushing the envelope too far IMHO.

For sure you can use the fitness and lounge facilities if your room is not ready when you are checking in and after you check out.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
IMHO it is really up to the hotel but wouldn't except it all. This is one very busy hotel and even then, what you are suggesting, would be pushing the envelope too far IMHO.

For sure you can use the fitness and lounge facilities if your room is not ready when you are checking in and after you check out.
There is decent shopping around and it is fairly safe to walk in this area, so you can kill time easily if you can'
can't get into the room early or stay late. Also, the Club Lounge is large and open, so you can relax there as well.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 4:23 pm

That's good to hear, thanks. I assume I can drop off my bags too. Should be fine if thats the case.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:20 am

Yeah this hotel was great. Gave me a suite upgrade in addition to a super early check-in and super late check-out.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by utl567
Yeah this hotel was great. Gave me a suite upgrade in addition to a super early check-in and super late check-out.
Just don't expect it. It is now mid-Summer in Brazil so the business could be slower. Many times they have been completely sold out on the dates I have been there.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

They all appear to be staying at the Marriott GRU Airport these days. From what I could tell, they fly in, sleep all day, and fly back out. Not sure if all of their flights have this type of turn (this is common in South America due to flight times unlike Europe). I know that Delta gives crews a 36 hour layover and they stay downtown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.