Old Nov 5, 2004, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
Marriott Rated Worst in WiFi?

Interesting Article:

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...Fi_Hotels_2004
Old Nov 5, 2004, 8:53 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Even though our Macs are set up for wi-fi (we use an Airport network at home and work), I find myself reaching for the Ethernet cable in the closet at most Marriott's which have both choices. I set up our networks and know most of the tricks, but these wi-fi's have consistently confounded me, as a Mac user. No problems whatsoever with the Ethernet broadband. Our laptops have both the xxxb and xxxg technologies for wireless, but to no avail.

I haven't used the pay as you go services, rather the free services at the select service hotels. I feel internet access, like the "free" breakfast, should be bundled into the room price.

This variability is why I maintain a national dial-up service as backup. I hate that.

Pat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.