Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pittsburgh, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pittsburgh, PA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, United Silver
There are plenty of romantic things to do in Pittsburgh while you are there. All without the crowds and tourists that would plague similar venues in other cities. Ride the incline up to the Mt. Washington overlooks, check out the flowers and butterflies at Phipps Conservatory, and take in a baseball game if the Pirates are in town. You don't even have to like baseball, most of the players don't seem to like it either. PNC Park is amazing and has some spectacular views. Buy some $10 bleacher seats and just tour the park and eat some pierogies, well worth it.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 4:21 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
many thanks -

Thanks to all the Ft'ers who offered recommendations AND good wishes- the Ren looks great and perhaps they will be nice and upgrade us to a suite!

I was starting to feel quite badly for him - he was trying to "recreate" our original weekend - the hotel is gone (Marriott Greentree - anyone but me remember THAT one???!!!); the first restaurant in which we ate is no longer there, and of course, the dance club where we went has long disappeared. (got to admit, THAT one doesn't bother me too much!) SO - the ideas & reminders that some of you have posted are quite helpful.

Twenty years - where has the time gone?

Last edited by sophiegirl; Jan 19, 2008 at 4:23 am Reason: errors
Old Jan 19, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: US Silver, CO, DL
Yes, I remember the Marriott Greentree and lucky for you it's not there any longer. It's a Radisson now and hardly compares to the Renaissance downtown.

Have a great weekend and happy anniversary!

BTW, try to visit the Andy Warhol museum. It's pretty interesting.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
I too had a couple of stays at the Marriott Greentree; they are not fond memories.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
and of course, the dance club where we went has long disappeared. (got to admit, THAT one doesn't bother me too much!)
Confetti's?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
Confetti's?
close - Chauncey's.

and what a difference 20 years makes - nowadays, I barely have the energy to log onto FT when I return to the room at night; much less re-do the hair and make-up and head out at 10PM!
Old Jan 21, 2008, 6:29 pm

I'd pick the Ren too...very classy. Not wild about the Ren's restaurant but there are plenty of others nearby that are much better.

Brian
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
The Renaissance is highly recommended.
I've ate at the Radisson Greentree, formerly the Marriott. It stinks
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Another vote for The Ren. My wife and I occasionally stay there to celebrate our anniversary.

--Jon

P.S. I remember the Marriott Greentree. My parents use to stay there when they came to visit me while I was a CMU student.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 8:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Pittsburgh

I am interested in the best FS Marriott property in Pittsburgh...clean well appointed rooms and decent location. Any airport location is out. It seems the Renaissance is highly recommended. All thoughts welcome.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:48 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
The only property I've stayed at is the Renaissance but I highly recommend it. Nicely appointed and clean rooms, spacious and well laid out bathroom, and friendly staff. The only issue I had was that the valet clearly took my [rental] car out for a spin as I dropped the car off with a full tank of gas and got it back with just under 3/4 of a tank of gas. Luckily I wasn't paying for mileage.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:10 am

When are you staying? Based on other F/T recommendations, I will be at the Ren the first weekend in April, and can get back with you then.....
Old Mar 19, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
sophiegirl...I am staying there next Wednesday night so I will post my review for you...I have settled on the Renaissance.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
The Renaissance is an excellent choice. It is in a good location and the building has a very interesting architecture. The Marriott City Center is the next closest FS property. It is a run of the mill Marriott in a somewhat out of the way location in uptown rather than downtown proper. It is across from the Civic Arena. So it would be a good choice if you were going to a Pens game or some other event there. I hope you enjoy your stay at The Renaissance.

--Jon

Last edited by Jon Maiman; Mar 20, 2008 at 6:47 pm Reason: Correct Spelling
Old Mar 19, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
I've stayed at the Ren on a weekend. Great location for a baseball game, great views, treat you well. There is a muni public parking garage across the street from the hotel. I've also stayed in Cranberry at the FS, and it was very nice, too. But, Cranberry is a 30 min drive into the city (when traffic is light).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.