Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

My Marriott rewards account was hacked....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Poster

FYI - change your passwords if you haven't in a while....Woke up to an email at 6am saying my password was changed....which i didn't do; completely locked out of my account. the mega frustrating part is that Marriott Rewards Customer Service is not available until 8:15AM EST (...??); regular customer service could not help. Once I finally spoke to someone they told me someone transferred 17,500 miles out of my account (which they will reverse, but it takes 3-5 business days)...so just a word of caution, its a complete pain in the a**, but change your password to a difficult one...
Kevin
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: LTP, PP
miles?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshua362
miles?
should say points..not miles
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Just tried to access my, and my wife's accts., and I can't. I smell a hack. Is there a ph. # to call after regular hours?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I can't get into mine either via the web site or app. I am thinking it's down, the whole web attack today I am assuming is the issue. But it's frustrating that there is not a 24 hour number. Marriott's It sucks on a normal day
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Me neither. The address bar says System Maintenance: wwwdotmarriottdotcom/profile/systemMaintenancedotmi?type=AccountAccess
And, I get this message:

Unable to Sign In

We love our members, and our members love the idea of Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest coming together to deliver additional benefits, like linking accounts. We promise your new rewards are worth the wait - try again soon! If you have other account or stay-related needs, please call Marriott Rewards customer support at 801-468-4000 in the US and Canada. For international customer support numbers, please visit our directory.

Back to sign in
Back to Marriott.com home

Last edited by Finkface; Oct 21, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Finkface
Me neither. The address bar says System Maintenance: wwwdotmarriottdotcom/profile/systemMaintenancedotmi?type=AccountAccess
And, I get this message:

Unable to Sign In

We love our members, and our members love the idea of Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest coming together to deliver additional benefits, like linking accounts. We promise your new rewards are worth the wait - try again soon! If you have other account or stay-related needs, please call Marriott Rewards customer support at 801-468-4000 in the US and Canada. For international customer support numbers, please visit our directory.

Back to sign in
Back to Marriott.com home
I just off the phone with a rez. agent & he checked with his super. and he said they were working on updates or something. Wish they would have put a banner on their web page stating that fact. Save many of us a lot of grief.
Cheers,
philemer
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I had this happen several years ago (no points were redeemed) but out of an abundance of caution I added a PIN code to my account. It's not 100% foolproof, as you could still book stays via the web, but you can't do transfers to other programs or purchase products with points. I have to call and provide the PIN for those types of transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.