Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Lost" Emails from Marriott Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia

In view of the merger I was looking to link my SPG/MR accounts but was having problems logging in.
I went into my email history (dating back to 2010) and can find NO emails from Marriott/Marriott Rewards at all. My last activity would have been in July 2015 (award stay) so we are not talking ancient history.

I have a MR number, account but I cannot sign into it for some reason.

Any explanations or guesses about what is going on?

TIA
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried to call and ask about logging into your account?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I am an active MR member, and have never received a promotional email from them, ever. Nada, zilch. Someday (probably soon), will have it out with CS on why I never receive anything from them - maybe their emails are getting caught in my email server's anti-spam function? But it is somewhat frustrating...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:18 am
Original Poster

I am actually much more concerned about not finding ANY emails from Marriott despite having a received a confirmation for my stay in July 2015. I have to wonder if they use an email program that "self destructs" emails after a certain amount of time(I do not know if such a thing is possible)?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Twickenham
I am an active MR member, and have never received a promotional email from them, ever. Nada, zilch. Someday (probably soon), will have it out with CS on why I never receive anything from them - maybe their emails are getting caught in my email server's anti-spam function? But it is somewhat frustrating...
I seem not to get promo emails, including information about registering for MegaBonus.

I wonder if the OP could have missed a mandatory password change or a change to passwords meeting the new requirements.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:30 am
Original Poster

I remember having to change my password last year. But- again- there is no email confirming this change.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I get emails from Marriott, including about the password change. I can pull up emails from Marriott, but that might be because I can have 5K emails/folder.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Welcome back big guy! I took have trouble receiving reservation confirmation emails from them and wasted too much time with them trying to figure it out. If I go into the res and request an email, it arrives fine. Go figure.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I have learned from experience to print hard copy of reservations (seems very old fashioned-but it avoids a lot of hassle when/if you cannot pull up this info on your phone and you need it to check in- yes, it has happened)
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:08 am

Does the OP fear that someone could have hacked into the account and changed the email address, so that award could be redeemed by the hacker without the owner of the account being aware?

BTW, I also print reservations whenever possible, although an email is better than just seeing the reservation on line as that can be changed by the hotel.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I have multiple e-mail addresses. Especially with my mail.com e-mail address, sometimes I just never receive e-mails from Hilton or Marriott - even in my spam folder. I don't know why. So I put a different e-mail on the account, and I don't have any problems.

There are people with more computer experience than I have on this board. But from what I understand, most e-mail servers filter out a lot of spam that doesn't even make it to our spam folders. My company has a white list for our server so that this first wave of spam control doesn't filter out an e-mail domain that we want to hear from. I don't have access to that white list, but I have to tell corporate IT to add a domain to it when I don't get e-mails at all - even to the spam folder.

So all of this is just to recommend using a different e-mail address. Marriott could be sending it. But there are different ways it can get held up between Marriott and your e-mail account. It might not be Marriott's fault.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.