Wiki Posts
Search

Autograph Hotel"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plt,American Lifetime Platinum
Autograph Hotel"

Have never stayed at this brand but considering two stay in next months any advise on this properties:
Casa Monica St Augustoine Fl
Autograph hotel in san francisco>

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I don't think we've had any trip reports on the St. Augustine location, but I know there is a thread for the San Francisco property.

Cheers.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by okwhynot
Have never stayed at this brand but considering two stay in next months any advise on this properties:
Casa Monica St Augustoine Fl
Autograph hotel in san francisco>

Thanks in advance
Don't think of Autograph Collection as a "brand" in the traditional sense. It's more of an umbrella for 4-star hotels that tend to bear very little resemblance to each other. Autograph Collection is for guests who don't want cookie-cutter hotels, but still want Marriott Rewards and Marriott quality assurance. It's for hotel ownership companies that want Marriott's marketing, customer base, reservation system, backend system, and supply chain options, but consider individuality to be an asset, not a liability.

Here's Marriott's marketing hype for Autograph Collection:
The Autograph Collection is an evolving ensemble of strikingly independent hotels. Exactly like nothing else, each destination has been selected for its quality, bold originality, rich character and uncommon details. From near to far, iconic to historic, the result is an array of properties that is nothing less than unique, nothing short of collectively exceptional.
Autograph Collection properties range from neighborhood boutique hotels to high-profile mega-resorts, from historical traditionalism to cutting-edge modernity, and from hotels with famous names to those trying to establish such a name.

If searches on this forum for the particular properties you're asking about don't provide adequate results, consider reviews on TripAdvisor and Marriott.com. As always, it's better to read actual reviews than just to look at scores.

Last edited by Horace; Sep 29, 2016 at 7:07 am
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Casa Monica

Stayed at Casa Monica 4-5 years ago.

Upgraded to a large room over looking the pool and interior courtyard. Typical executive room amenities. Received breakfast vouchers that could be used in the coffee shop (which I only used for coffee / snacks due breakfast being included in my rate plan). Restaurant was very nice. Service good from all staff. Hotel in good location - easy to walk to all the sites.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
I can't speak to either of the two properties the OP is considering, but I've stayed at 16 of the 110 or so Autograph properties around the world and have never had a bad experience. Service and amenities at all of them have been excellent, and I would choose an Autograph, if available, in any city over any other brand.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
This is the thread and mini trip report on the Adagio Hotel, Autograph Collection in San Francisco: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ncisco-ca.html
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:25 am

This is an fantastic location and you get access to their beach club too. Best place to stay in St. Augustine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.