Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz/Marriott/SPG link

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jaie Jordan
Question - I'm Plat in both programs. Will my stay counts be added together to meet my 75 stay balance if I link?
No, not yet. Might be sometime in 2017 or it might be w/ the 2018.

Cheers.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Case1096
I would start staying at SPG properties, but I don't see where my nights will count toward my Marriott tier status
They won't because the programs remain separate for now.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Who knew Marriott Concierge was still a thing?

Starwood Lurker II posts "This is just the beginning, and we’re excited for you! As always, we’ll be here and can help answer any questions that you have regarding today’s news" in the other thread, meanwhile Marriott Concierge's last post was February 2016.

Constructive Criticism: Marriott Concierge should follow Starwood Lurker's lead.

Prediction: Starwood Lurker will follow Marriott Concierge's lead.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by bennos
Who knew Marriott Concierge was still a thing?

Starwood Lurker II posts "This is just the beginning, and we’re excited for you! As always, we’ll be here and can help answer any questions that you have regarding today’s news" in the other thread, meanwhile Marriott Concierge's last post was February 2016.

Constructive Criticism: Marriott Concierge should follow Starwood Lurker's lead.

Prediction: Starwood Lurker will follow Marriott Concierge's lead.
Yeah, Marriott Concierge only posts on FT announcements (and normally after they're already known on FT). Marriott Concierge primarily posts on Marriott Insiders.

I'm hoping Marriott keeps the Lurkers. They're more responsive & also more empowered.

Cheers.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Can the 7 night stay certs by Marriott now be used at Starwood properties?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by phb
When I look at my nights in Marriott to maintain my Plat status I find that although I've 102 nights showing, 10 were from the credit card, about 30 were carried over from last year and effectively double counted. Most of the rest were inflated by the non-US 'double nights' promotion.

It's a difficult comparison.

Just sayin'.
I have 9 nights this year from award stay. My plat is from Chase Ritz $75K spent and now I am also SPG plat good deal.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Can the 7 night stay certs by Marriott now be used at Starwood properties?
No. The programs are still pretty separate, other than linking the accounts for status match & the ability to transfer points between the two programs.

Cheers.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Question for anyone who has converted SPG to Marriott points. Does the transfer count towards your Marriott lifetime points balance?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Will points transferred from Starwood accounts count towards Marriott's lifetime point total requirement?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Reid
Question for anyone who has converted SPG to Marriott points. Does the transfer count towards your Marriott lifetime points balance?
Don't know the answer but if it does, wouldn't it have to subtract from SPG lifetime to make this work? Because otherwise, you just keep transfer between the 2 and made both of them go up indefinitely!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by teeceedee
Will points transferred from Starwood accounts count towards Marriott's lifetime point total requirement?
Don't know. I don't think I saw anything in the FAQ that said it would, and since the 2 lifetimes are separate we might not know until the announce the new program. My guess is if it does it would then deduct from your SPG lifetime points.

Cheers.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ssafro1
There is a good FB live on the points guy with both leaders of the programs on this topic. Found it to be useful/interesting.
https://www.facebook.com/thepointsgu...4849076543452/
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
What About RC Status if You Don't Have it?

So, I'm MR LT Plat and SPG Plat 75. If I created a RC account and did the status match from SPG to that, would I then also have RC Plat? meaning would I then have my MR LT Plat, RC Plat, and SPG Plat 75?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by teeceedee
A post on the Marriott Insiders forum from a Marriott Associate states points transferred from SPG will NOT count toward Marriott lifetime points. Personally, I find that ridiculous since points earned elsewhere and transferred in to MR do count. Was hoping this would push me to MR Lifetime Platinum (have the nights but need points). Instead, it looks like things end up as:

A lot of SPG + a lot of MR = Nothing

Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by MileKing
A post on the Marriott Insiders forum from a Marriott Associate states points transferred from SPG will NOT count toward Marriott lifetime points. Personally, I find that ridiculous since points earned elsewhere and transferred in to MR do count. Was hoping this would push me to MR Lifetime Platinum (have the nights but need points). Instead, it looks like things end up as:
I would think that right now, until they sort out what LT will be/how to merge the two, it's not unexpected that the points transferred from SPG to Marriott won't count. Having said that, when they do announce how they merge the programs together, it wouldn't surprise me that the points transferred from SPG will count towards Marriott lifetime - and also reduce the lifetime points of SPG - no double dipping. The word I heard is that they're still trying to sort out the combined LT program (raise # of nights or points, grandfather, etc, etc), which is why that announcement wasn't made today.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.