Wiki Posts
Search

award stay availbility question

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

award stay availbility question

Hi,

I used my points to redeem a night at a marriott hotel. And there is no availability anymore for that date. But now i want to use my wife account's free night certificate to book that reservation. So if i cancel my reservation, will the room become available to book right away so I can use my wife ccount's free night certificate for it?

thanks
Old May 3, 2016, 6:19 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I doubt it. My suggestion is to call in to MR Customer Service and ask them to switch out the reservation from points to your wife's certificate. Hopefully they will be able to do that.
Old May 3, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
I would call the Customer Service line. They should be able to confirm that you are the person on the reservation, and then switch instruments that you're using to book the room (from points to the certificate.)

-mvitale
Old May 3, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I have done this with my own points and my own free night certificates many times (e.g typically when I earn the free night certificate after I already booked the award reservation). It has always been a quick and easy call with MR to get it swapped over to the free night certificate (or to have the certificate applied as one night of a multi-night stay). While you're switching it over to your wife's certificate is a slightly different situation, I still think you won't have any trouble having the MR call center take care of it for you.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.