Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hangzhou, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Renovation InformationOur Japanese restaurant SHINJU is currently under renovation and will be opening soon. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First

The JW in Hangzhou (China) was supposed to open this month (Marriott website) however in planning my stay for next October I only see the Courtyard property being offered.

Any news on the delayed opening of the JW?

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jan 3, 2011 at 10:22 pm
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
The JW in Hongzhou (China) was supposed to open this month (Marriott website) however in planning my stay for next October I only see the Courtyard property being offered.

In case it is not already known, both hotels are at the exact same location.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks to OP Flyer888 was advised that the JW Hongzhou was now listed on Marriott.com
Frankly I think that over $300/night was a bit on the high side, however using 15,000 MR points (even if you go ahead and buy them at about $175) is a much better offer.

The JW in Hongzhou (China) was supposed to open this month (Marriott website) however in planning my stay for next October I only see the Courtyard property being offered.

Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
JW ?

So, any update on the Hangzhou Marriott's ?
I am looking at a mid May trip.

BTW, the new Marriott Courtyard Puxi in SH is good, with a great exec lounge & service. Some really good weekend rates, just near the 'old' train station.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Both the JW and Courtyards are both open. They share a common central hall with each hotel as a wing. Unusual for Courtyards is this one has an exec lounge.

Originally Posted by Jiatong
So, any update on the Hangzhou Marriott's ?
I am looking at a mid May trip.

BTW, the new Marriott Courtyard Puxi in SH is good, with a great exec lounge & service. Some really good weekend rates, just near the 'old' train station.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Both the JW and Courtyards are both open. They share a common central hall with each hotel as a wing. Unusual for Courtyards is this one has an exec lounge.
Do Golds and Plats get access to the lounge?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Under T&Cs, not required but known to happen. If you check rates you'll see their prices significantly increase for lounge access room types.

Originally Posted by cfischer
Do Golds and Plats get access to the lounge?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Good to know that it has a lounge. Come to think of it, Courtyards in Beijing & Hong Kong allso have lounges. It would be unusual for have lounge in US Courtyard for sure.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Having lounges is one thing - getting the Courtyard Marriott policy to include lounge access for Golds/Plats is another

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Good to know that it has a lounge. Come to think of it, Courtyards in Beijing & Hong Kong allso have lounges. It would be unusual for have lounge in US Courtyard for sure.
Old May 17, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+1

Just stayed at the HZ Courtyard for 2 nights. (got a neat suite upgrade at a courtyard !) & Yes a nice new courtyard exec lounge, good staff, & the JW is in the next hallway, it has a new sports bar on its lower level (B1) with a great pool table.

only issue is the free computers, (2) which are in the 1st floor lobby and none in the exec. lounge. But the exec lounge has a smoking area/library, which in china is needed.
Old May 27, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
JW Marriott Hangzhou - Marriott Rewards Rate

Hello and thanks for reading this and helping out!

I'd like to try out the new JW Marriott Hangzhou. I was looking at the (official) hotel website and wanted to book a room. I saw this rate - Marriott Rewards Rate - and saw that it said "500 CNY food and beverage credit per stay, see Rate Rules". The Rate Rules make no reference to any minimum number of nights I need to stay.

I'll stay for 2 nights. Do you think it'll be okay if I break up my two night stay into 2 one-night stays? Check out on the 2nd morning and re-check in that same afternoon? Would I be able to make use of the 500 CNY food and beverage credit on both days?
Old May 27, 2011, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You can certainly break up your stays; you can do anything you want

But I don't think you'll have any luck on the double-dipping of the credit. Marriott regards consecutive night stays as a single stay, regardless of check in/out.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You can certainly break up your stays; you can do anything you want

But I don't think you'll have any luck on the double-dipping of the credit. Marriott regards consecutive night stays as a single stay, regardless of check in/out.

Cheers.
What if you check out of a hotel and check in at a different hotel?
Old May 27, 2011, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by living near shamu
What if you check out of a hotel and check in at a different hotel?
That's fine. 2 dif nights/stays. But consecutive nights at the same hotel, re: if you check in/out daily, counts as one stay.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
I'm travelling with a friend.

What if I use my name for the first night's booking .... and use my friend's name for the second night's booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.