Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Paying for All-Inclusive on Reward Stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Hey everyone. I need your expertise. My wife and I have a certificate for 7 nights at a Category 8 or lower, so our choices are pretty good. We want to use it in August (my wife is a teacher) for somewhere in the Caribbean. On other reward stays, when we checked in, the front desk offered us the opportunity to pay cash for the all-inclusive package. We strongly prefer all-inclusives as we enjoy not having to worry about F&B costs. I've spoken to several representatives at the Platinum desk and asked each of them if they were aware of any properties that offered guests who were on a reward stay the opportunity to pay cash for an all-inclusive package, and have come up empty. I know several Marriott properties in the Caribbean offer all-inclusive packages, but am having a tough time finding one that will let us use cash for the package. Has anyone done this? If so, where? Does anyone have any information to share? Any help that can be provided would be appreciated. We currently have a room "Club 91" booked at the JW in Cancun, but that isn't really an all-inclusive. It seems nice, but there are many restrictions. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old May 23, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I believe any of these resorts will let you "buy up" to the all inclusive package (i.e. Add it to your certificate stay):

http://www.marriott.com/travel-deals/all-inclusive-vacations/caribbean.mi

You can always call an ask one of the properties listed.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Chewie
I believe any of these resorts will let you "buy up" to the all inclusive package (i.e. Add it to your certificate stay):

http://www.marriott.com/travel-deals...s/caribbean.mi

You can always call an ask one of the properties listed.
Yes, call the property. They are the ones who make the decision and set the price.

Billy
Old May 26, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
A few years ago, probably 5, right after Marriott eliminated the points AI option I was staying at the Curacao Marriott and called to ask about buying an AI package. The price per person was way too high for my budget. Maybe the prices have come down. OP, if you do call, please let us know what it is for the particular property.
Old May 26, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Cash rates are low in summer in the Caribbean, you may want to check that before upgrading a points package, you may end up getting very little value from your points. As it's hurricane season I would also recommend trip insurance if you can't cancel the flights or don't mind eating the cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.