Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Can anyone logically explain why PP get no added benefits? I can't understand the program.
No, no logic to it at all.

The best you can hope for is preference when deciding between a PP and Plat, but not guaranteed the person making the decision will know the difference. Since it's a non-publicized status they must figure the benefits should be the same.

Just consider yourself as Plat and go for those benefits, that's a big enough battle at some properties.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Can anyone logically explain why PP get no added benefits? I can't understand the program.
Nope. Even Marriott honchos admit there's not really much of a difference. It's embarrassing for Marriott to have a status based on nights/spend that offers really nothing. Would have been better if they didn't have it at all. A few years back there were more bennies attached to PP, but they were "enhanced" (ie, taken away) over the years.

Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Nope. Even Marriott honchos admit there's not really much of a difference. It's embarrassing for Marriott to have a status based on nights/spend that offers really nothing. Would have been better if they didn't have it at all. A few years back there were more bennies attached to PP, but they were "enhanced" (ie, taken away) over the years.

Cheers.
Gosh, they should at least give you a "badge" for it, and thus 25 points!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
How do you know one made PP again? If one was PP in 2014 you should still show the old status, right?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
This is my question as well. I still show PP after the year's turnover, yet I only had 104 nights this year, so I fear I will lose PP after 2/28. That said there are occasions where PP shines - I had a weekend breakout with the family to London in December, and upon contacting the hotel prior to my stay I probably got what you could describe as the best guest room (=suite) available in London as an upgrade for our weekend, and everyone we encountered treated us just like being part of the royal family. We really had a blast!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
At the very least I think Platinum Premier should get upgrades at Ritz properties. You know if you spend half the year in a hotel room, you ought to get some perks.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Gosh, they should at least give you a "badge" for it, and thus 25 points!
Awesomely funny.

Below is a list of full service properties at which I stayed last year. The properties in blue are where I got upgraded to a suite. I never ask for UGs, so this was based on my PP status. (OK, a stay in Orlando before Christmas with family was the one of two times I asked, and was given, an UG and an adjoining room, but this was definitely granted because of my PP status according to the hotel. Same with getting a 1 br room instead of an efficiency at an RI.) Also included are a couple CYs/RIs where I was UGed. IMO, PP definitely has greater UG.

Orlando Airport FS
Hotel Chicago
Houston Marriott Westchase

Ren Asheville - never UGd at this hotel despite multiple stays
Bangkok Soi 57 FS
Ren Bangkok - reservation made day of stay, late afternoon
CY Va Beach Oceanfront (South)
Orlando Marriott Lake Mary

Livonia Marriott - never UGd at this hotel despite multiple stays
Addison TX Marriott
Ren LA Airport
Ypsilanti FS - they apologized for not being able to UG, not that I asked or expected
RI Burbank
Grand Bohemian Orlando
Houston Marriott North
Addison TX FS
Minneapolis Marriott West
Ren Raleigh North Hills
Orlando Airport FS
FLL Marriott North - never UGd at this hotel despite multiple stays
Ren Charleston
Houston Marriott West Loop
Livonia FS
Troy FS
Ren Bangkok
Knoxville Marriott
Ren STL
Little Rock Marriott
Dallas Marriott Medical Center
Nashville Marriott Vanderbilt
Birmingham Marriott
Ypsilanti Marriott
Ren Mobile Riverview Plaza

Epicurean Tampa
FLL Marriott North
Chicago Marriott Mag Mile - never UGd at this hotel despite multiple stays

As a PP I am 20/34 on UGs at full service hotels, or 59%. As a P, UGs happened maybe once or twice a year.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:24 pm

Not to chap the behinds of any hardcore road warriors but I logged in today to find that I to have been upgraded to PP. The interesting thing and something that confirms what others said was not possible, I made it simply based on CC spending. So they do look at all nights on account regardless of how they were earned. At the end of 2014 I had >500 nights on my account. I am lifetime plat though too. Any stays I made in 2014 were point stays obviously. I am glad they award members who support the brand in other ways to (CC spending). Now I can complain about lack of upgrades too! Lol
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by maksimfa
At the very least I think Platinum Premier should get upgrades at Ritz properties. You know if you spend half the year in a hotel room, you ought to get some perks.
Originally Posted by swintec
Not to chap the behinds of any hardcore road warriors but I logged in today to find that I to have been upgraded to PP. The interesting thing and something that confirms what others said was not possible, I made it simply based on CC spending. So they do look at all nights on account regardless of how they were earned. At the end of 2014 I had >500 nights on my account. I am lifetime plat though too. Any stays I made in 2014 were point stays obviously. I am glad they award members who support the brand in other ways to (CC spending). Now I can complain about lack of upgrades too! Lol
Although MR has not defined what activity must be met to get PP status, nights alone does not do it. Spend alone does not do it. Who you know at MI might have an influence. The best that has been reported is you get ranked in the top 3% of MR members, again, not based on nights or spend alone. How they quantify what makes a % has not been divulged and most likely won't be. Anyone that rushes to get x number of nights hoping for PP will be disappointed.

When PP was bestowed upon me a few years ago (the last year there was any meat to the status - 20% off dining), I was just over 100 nights for the year with most the stays at low-end properties (my diming it). To think that put me in the top 3% was discouraging in regards to the program as a whole.

Today, I'm more concerned about getting/keeping Plat and only a few nights away from LTP. My stay decision will be solely based upon the merits of the property and what else is available in the area. If MI has the best offering they will get my $'s.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Although MR has not defined what activity must be met to get PP status, nights alone does not do it. Spend alone does not do it. Who you know at MI might have an influence.
Well, to put it in perspective I didn't have any paid nights and I only made about 4 award stays in 2014. Any and all nights to the account came from credit spending and roll over. I charged maybe a snack to the room each time so no spending that way either. In my case I can say that they must look at point amount earned and nights earned. Chase has to pay them something for these so maybe that is my "spend" in their eyes. I am grateful for it regardless as if I didn't get it this year I was swapping to a different chain to earn status since I made lifetime plat in 2014.

Edit- and I do not know anyone within MI.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
The last 5 years, I've been Plat with MR; generally averaging 85-90 nights a year. I ended up staying at a few more Marriott hotels this year and I've hit PP this year for the first time...181 total nights, only 12 being rollover from last year.

So far as a PP, I've stayed at the Tokyo Marriott in Shinagawa and no mention of status or room upgrade available. I'm currently staying at the Okinawa Marriott Resort and I received my usual upgrade to the executive floor, although there really is no difference in the rooms or the views.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:22 am

I just logged into my account today and guess I'm PP too - no notification at all, but it says it on my account.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dank0014
I just logged into my account today and guess I'm PP too - no notification at all, but it says it on my account.
Notification is bundled with the benefit package. LOL
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:14 am

No rhyme or reason I guess for PP qualifications.

I am LT Platinum, and my "nights" total for the last 3 years is 182, 241 and 160. I also spent over $100k on my Marriott card in 2014 and rolled over 85 nights. Yet no PP invite...

Good news is Im not missing out on anything lol
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Notification is bundled with the benefit package. LOL
Yep, sadly after hearing everyone talk about PP for the past year or so, it's not anything I'm really looking forward too.

I was Hyatt Courtesy Card in 2013, which was just incredible the benefits they gave, until our company decided not to renew our contract with Hyatt in Q3 2013, thus I had to move all the business over to Marriott.

The benefits they provided were superior. From guaranteed upgrades, to limo pick ups at airports to the hotel, to free food, and amazing welcome gifts. It's completely different at Marriott, yet my spend and nights are pretty consistent to what it was at Hyatt.

The only thing I find a bit interesting is that many of the posts I've read people indicated they were Platinum for a certain period of time prior to receiving PP (not everyone, but a number did). This was really my first year truly gaining status with Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.