Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card nights not posting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Credit Card nights not posting

Forgive me if this has been discussed before. I did a search and came up empty.

For the last two months my credit card nights have not posted. For September I should have received three nights and one night forOctober. Last month I called Marriott and they told me to call Chase, which I did.

Chase told me that my data posted too late in the month and it would post this month. Well, the points posted two days ago and again no nights. In my estimation Chase owes me at least four nights and maybe five. I can't call until Monday as I am not in the US right now, but just looking for advice as to where to go from here.

Never had this problem before but obviously I got the runaround last month and I believed them. Now I am realizing something is amiss. Do I go to Marriott or do I go to Chase?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Terri
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Yes this has been discussed previously. Nights post on a calendar month basis and are unrelated to your closing date, billing cycle or when your points post. So nights for October spend, the amount you charged to your CC from October 1-31, will post on or about Nov 11-14.

I've never had to go to Chase or Marriott, so I don't know that answer. My nights have always credited to my account as expected. Sorry I couldn't help with that aspect.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tbrein
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Terri
My nights for October spend haven't posted yet (normally they're a couple of days after the spending posts).

I'll give it a few more days, but you're not alone.

Last edited by dgreen12; Nov 14, 2014 at 12:50 pm Reason: Clarified "spend"
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dgreen12
My nights for October haven't posted yet (normally they're a couple of days after the spending posts).

I'll give it a few more days, but you're not alone.
I am still waiting for the September spend
Terri
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: MVCI, MRP
I also haven't had any Nights posted since September, have called once last month and will be calling again on Monday if it doesn't update before then.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SueDonJ
I also haven't had any Nights posted since September, have called once last month and will be calling again on Monday if it doesn't update before then.
Who do you plan to call? As previously posted, I called both Marriott and Chase with no satisfaction from either one.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SueDonJ
FWIW I had cc spend nights post mid October so it's not a systemwide issue.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Can someone explain how they compute the three grand = one nights credit.

Is it dollars spent per month or is it as soon as you hit three grand, that is one nights credit and you start on to the next three grand for the next nights credit?

Assuming they continue to roll over until you hit three grand, does it continue from 2014 into 2015 or do we revert to zero dollars on January first?

Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Long Distance
Can someone explain how they compute the three grand = one nights credit.

Is it dollars spent per month or is it as soon as you hit three grand, that is one nights credit and you start on to the next three grand for the next nights credit?

Assuming they continue to roll over until you hit three grand, does it continue from 2014 into 2015 or do we revert to zero dollars on January first?

Thanks
Everything is rolling spend. There are no resets.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
It's cumulative from when you got the card. 1 night for every $3000 spent on a calendar month basis with any remainder carried forward as the basis for the next calendar month's first $3000. See this thread starting at post #1115 for most recent discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...e-card-75.html
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: MVCI, MRP
Originally Posted by tbrein
Who do you plan to call? As previously posted, I called both Marriott and Chase with no satisfaction from either one.
I called Marriott, the Plat Customer Service line in October. He was able to see that the update on/around Sep 11th was correct but that Elite Nights were missing from the Oct 11th one, and suggested that I give it another week before calling back. Things have been busy so I didn't call back, and then figured I may as well wait out the Nov update.

I'm wondering if getting a replacement card because of the Home Depot breach is a factor here. Our new cards have been issued and the account is showing the final four digits of the new card, but we haven't actually activated the new cards yet (we're waiting until my husband is back in the states.) There aren't any problems using the account, all the online and in-person transactions using the old number are posting correctly, but it's curious. It could just be a coincidence, probably is because you other folks are dealing with the same thing, but if I have to call on Monday I'll be mentioning it.

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
FWIW I had cc spend nights post mid October so it's not a systemwide issue.
Thanks, good to know.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 3:37 pm
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
For what its worth, mine didn't post either. And last month, they only posted one credit night with $6900 spending in the previous month. So I'm wondering if they stopped counting some time in the previous month.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where, if anywhere, can you see the night credit for a $3000 spend increment with a date on it?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:04 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I also believe that they have stopped posting the nights to my account, despite plenty of spending. I think I am owed about 3-4 nights.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Glad to see this thread and learn that I am not alone.

My points for credit card spend (October statement, paid in early November) just posted today (November 15.). But the corresponding nights credit for those points have not yet posted.

It's easy to look back on the Marriott website and see when the points posted for my credit card spend. It's usually on the 13th, 14th, or 15th of the month. Is there a way to look back and see when the corresponding nights posted? If I click "2014 Nights Detail," all that I am able to see is my nights total and not a breakdown of when those nights posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.