Wiki Posts
Search

Early/Next day check in?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Early/Next day check in?

I have a business trip that will require flying a redeye and arriving at the Renaissance Asheville (NC) hotel at about 7 am on a Monday in advance of a 10 am meeting. I want to shower & change before the meeting.

I have a confirmed reservation for a room for both Sunday night and Monday night, and noted in the "notes" that I arrive at 7am on Monday. Do I need to do anything else to make sure they don't give my room away?

thanks.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Not sure if this would meet your needs, but I would consider a guest pass to a lounge with a shower at the airport if there is one & save the nights fee at the hotel.
Old May 21, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Think you've done all you can. In reality, if soldout, its gonna boil down to one overnight clerk having to read and make the right decision at some groggy time of the morning. But a Sunday night? Shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you have at least Silver status so you can collect per this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rriott-dc.html

Or just show up at the hotel at 7am and ask for an early check-in for Monday night, saving Sunday. But if business (not one you own) is paying the tab, really who cares?

At worst, you should be able to shower & change in the fitness center, most REN's have better ones...
Old May 21, 2014, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Most businesses are happy -- or at least willing -- to pay for the room, not just so that the empployee can take a shower, but so that he can have some peace and quiet before a meeting.

I would call the FD the night before and make sure that the/a clerk actually looks up and sees that the note is there and ask him to pass that on when he goes off-duty.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I believe a reservation guaranteed with a credit card is supposed to be held until checkout time the next day, so you should be fine.

To be sure, I concur with calling the night before to remind them.

I certainly wouldn't just make a Monday night reservation and show up at 7am.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by CPRich
I believe a reservation guaranteed with a credit card is supposed to be held until checkout time the next day, so you should be fine.

To be sure, I concur with calling the night before to remind them.

I certainly wouldn't just make a Monday night reservation and show up at 7am.
While it SHOULD be, I'm sure just about every hotel would jump at the chance to double dip given an apparent no show situation, being sold out and the chance to sell the room again!

Only suggesting, if saving money was important, to show up and ask for an early check-in. I'm sure it would be granted on a presumably empty Monday morning. Or at least access to the gym and lounge. Doesn't sound like much time for relaxation, sleep, preparation,etc given the schedule.

I used to routinely get this flying overnight to Europe in my younger, stupider days...
Old May 21, 2014, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by greenskin
I have a business trip that will require flying a redeye and arriving at the Renaissance Asheville (NC) hotel at about 7 am on a Monday in advance of a 10 am meeting. I want to shower & change before the meeting.

I have a confirmed reservation for a room for both Sunday night and Monday night, and noted in the "notes" that I arrive at 7am on Monday. Do I need to do anything else to make sure they don't give my room away?

thanks.
IME hotel staff don't necessarily ever look at the reservation notes, but try to bring a printout showing the note as part of your reservation. In addition, email the hotel in advance and print a record. Then also phone the front desk on Sunday and make a note of the name of the staff member with whom you talk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.