Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2014, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: centrifuge41
Social accounts, shared by members of Flyertalk.

Twitter
Marriott Properties:Renaissance PropertiesFacebook
Marriott Properties:Renaissance Properties:

* indicates received points
^ indicates didn't receive points
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards - Plus Points

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by wethereyet
The data mining is precisely WHY they are doing it too. I am one of the hold outs who refuses to have a Twitter or FB account. Unfortunately Google and Yahoo! pretty much have all of us pegged down to what you are thinking at this exact moment anyways. lol

I'm sure after posting this I'll start seeing ads for Twitter and FB in my surfing..... sad. You can run but can't hide.

I keep a separate Facebook account and a separate Twitter account just for promos like this. Neither of those accounts are connected to my actual friends. (These accounts have 0 Facebook friends, and 0 Twitter followers.)

So there's no data to be mined, and none of my real friends will ever see these posts.
Old May 11, 2014, 12:59 am

I'm currently getting an error message. I put together these lists of twitter and facebook profiles. Keep in mind you'll only be credited once every 24 hours per social action, so don't like/follow these all at once. This list originally appeared on a blog post I wrote about this offer.

Twitter
Marriott Properties:Renaissance PropertiesFacebook
Marriott Properties:Renaissance Properties:

Note: This forum post contains a link to a blog post I own. I've include all the relevant information on this post so nobody needs to click through.

Last edited by Doctor of Credit; May 12, 2014 at 6:40 pm
Old May 11, 2014, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
I'm currently getting an error message. I put together these lists of twitter and facebook profiles. Keep in mind you'll only be credited once every 24 hours per social action, so don't like/follow these all at once.
From the FAQ.

So most social actions are limited to 1/day, but Facebook likes do not have that restriction.
Old May 11, 2014, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by swag
From the FAQ.

So most social actions are limited to 1/day, but Facebook likes do not have that restriction.
Thanks, I was reading the actual terms & conditions and it says limited to one social action per day.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:26 pm

So even though Likes/Follows do not have an activity limit per day, they are limited to 2,000 points per 30 days?
Old May 11, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
I'm currently getting an error message. I put together these lists of twitter and facebook profiles. Keep in mind you'll only be credited once every 24 hours per social action, so don't like/follow these all at once. This list originally appeared on a blog post I wrote about this offer.

The Twitter URL for the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge appears to be https://twitter.com/MHMarriottBK.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Anyone else getting the following error?
Yes that is error got Saturday. Today I git a different error message.

Your email address was not provided. Please check your privacy settings. Contact us if you believe this is incorrect.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by animalj7
The Twitter URL for the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge appears to be https://twitter.com/MHMarriottBK.
Thank you, made this change.

Originally Posted by animalj7
So even though Likes/Follows do not have an activity limit per day, they are limited to 2,000 points per 30 days?
That's correct.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:50 pm

I have successfully link my account with FB, Twitter and Instagram but have not received any email, or points? Could it be that the system is just overwhelmed at present? (I realize its in Beta).
Old May 12, 2014, 7:34 pm

I did a twitter hashtag and liked 8 pages. I did see the 25 points post about 8 hours later. Received 9 emails in my facebook-linked email address thanking me for liking or tweeting
Old May 12, 2014, 7:34 pm

happy dance

Thanks everyone! You guys ROCK!!!!

Signed up thru the link on page one of this thread. Had no issues with it.

Liked the first 8 hotels listed in the wiki for facebook.

Crossing fingers & doing da Happy Dance. Hoping more hotel chains follow this idea! Brilliant plan! (for us, at least!)

Godspeed all...
haydevin
Old May 12, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by peacestar
Yes that is error got Saturday. Today I git a different error message.

Your email address was not provided. Please check your privacy settings. Contact us if you believe this is incorrect.
Same here - I'm also getting that different error message now.
Old May 13, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I just received confirmation emails from the hotels I followed on twitter:

"Thank you for following us on Twitter!

Here's a little something special for you: If you're still following us next week, we'll deposit 250 Marriott Rewards points into your account."
Old May 13, 2014, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by onthego15
I just received confirmation emails from the hotels I followed on twitter:

"Thank you for following us on Twitter!

Here's a little something special for you: If you're still following us next week, we'll deposit 250 Marriott Rewards points into your account."
How long did it take for the Twitter follow emails to come? I registered yesterday, then followed a few of the listed properties on Twitter, but have not received any emails nor points in my account. It has been over 24 hours since I followed the properties on Twitter.
Old May 13, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: some
The last four emails took slightly less than one hour (today).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.