Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CO-PLAT
As of November, 2021, this property no longer has an executive lounge per Amitbe11.

E-Mail:
Assistant Front Office Manager - [email protected]
Guest Relations Manager - [email protected]
Duty Manager - [email protected]
Front Office Manager - [email protected]

Print Wikipost

Courtyard Bangkok [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH D, MR Plat, SPG G
The breakfast is more than fine, as good as any of the other Marriott properties in BKK. The Ren doesn't allow you to go downstairs to the restaurant, nor the JW, the suk 57 location is a joke for breakfast in the lounge, really none of them compare with the selection of the CY even if the quality is different. I think because the breakfast is in the MOMO cafe, it is much better than the others. I have never tried breakfast at CY in the lounge. No reason to, MOMO is great. Evening reception is quite different from the other properties. CY is sparse, but decent enough given the savings in price for the room. For the price of the room at CY, if you have breakfast at MOMO (550 baht) and 3-4 drinks (350-550 baht each) in the lounge at night in addition to a snack, it virtually pays for the room (2880 baht now, just booked for next month). Without a doubt, the location and price make this one of the best bargains in BKK!!! IMO.

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
hard stuff, beer and wine offered..........

snack offerings really need to be improved, but then again this is only a CY that really doesn't have to have an Exec Lounge let alone offer anything......
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
actually, next month the Ren rates from 6-19 Dec is only Thb225 more then the CY and from the 19th-24th the ren is Thb115 less then the CY.........

notwithstanding the ability to have breakfast in MoMo vrs the lounge, I've never thought much of MoMo's breakfast offerings and the options in the Ren lounge during happy hour are certainly more then make your own ceasar salad (which after a night ot two can get real boring!).......

biggest drawback of MoMo is their A/C system which needs to be replaced ......they've tried water cooling of the outside windows but it really hasn't helped much in this refurbished apt building......

another drawback is their very small room size......

a plus for the CY is their outside pool vrs the Ren inside rooftop which is always to cold to use.....

in summary, IMO to each there own.......

Originally Posted by catalinradio
The breakfast is more than fine, as good as any of the other Marriott properties in BKK. The Ren doesn't allow you to go downstairs to the restaurant, nor the JW, the suk 57 location is a joke for breakfast in the lounge, really none of them compare with the selection of the CY even if the quality is different. I think because the breakfast is in the MOMO cafe, it is much better than the others. I have never tried breakfast at CY in the lounge. No reason to, MOMO is great. Evening reception is quite different from the other properties. CY is sparse, but decent enough given the savings in price for the room. For the price of the room at CY, if you have breakfast at MOMO (550 baht) and 3-4 drinks (350-550 baht each) in the lounge at night in addition to a snack, it virtually pays for the room (2880 baht now, just booked for next month). Without a doubt, the location and price make this one of the best bargains in BKK!!! IMO.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:22 am

Hotel Review: Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok

I originally booked an Executive Room and was upgraded to Premier Room (484 ft2) prior my hotel stay.

As you know my flight from Hong Kong to Bangkok was 1 hour behind schedule. I arrived at the hotel at 5pm. I went straight to the check in counter and was told that I have to wait 2 more hours as my room was not ready yet! I was like what????? I said the room should have been prepared at 3pm which is the official check in time. The staff said they are sending someone to do the housekeeping now. (Seriously 2 hours?) I asked if she could give me a key card so that I can access the executive lounge for a drink. And I got the key finally, but the room was still not available yet of course. The check in time took me 20 mins.

The Sunset Time started at 5:30pm which was perfect for my visit. The Sunset Time spread was not amazing, the spring rolls’s skin was not crunchy. There was only 1 dessert, but it was very delicious. A salad bar, and the all-you-can-drink alcohol. The lounge is located at the top floor, it allowed me to oversee the city.

I finally got into my room at 6:30pm something. The room has a lot of space and the bathroom came with a bath tub. Since the room is located at 7/f, the view was blocked by all the buildings, nothing really special to see.

Hotel Room

Bathroom

The room temperature was amazing, it cooled me down every time when I got back to the room from the busy street in Bangkok.

Since I stayed in executive room, I have the chance to choose to have my breakfast at the lounge or the MoMo Cafe. I selected MoMo cafe as the food selection would be more diverse. The breakfast spread was good, the fruits were delicious. Many Thai dishes and western dishes. They changed up a little bit every day. The juices were not freshly squeezed, the orange juice was not that good. It tasted like as if they used the powder to mix the juice. Yatzz~

MoMo Café

Breakfast Spread

I also went up to the lounge to check out the breakfast spread, the choices were very limited. Therefore, I would suggest you to go to MoMo cafe for breakfast.

The hotel provided free Tuk Tuk service, it drove me to the main road. And this Tuk Tuk is always ready to pick anyone up at the hotel entrance.

Tuk Tuk

Overall it was a nice stay, but the check in should be improved.

For more photos, other hotel reviews and trip reports, please go to my website: www.ThePointsAddiction.com

Please subscribe my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thepointsaddiction

Last edited by bdschobel; May 17, 2014 at 1:06 pm Reason: edited font size and color per signature rules
Old May 18, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
I stayed at this property about four years ago for about four weeks. One thing that stuck out here was when checking in they asked to take my picture. I think they then distributed this picture to the staff and everyone in the hotel seemed to know me and greet me by my name when they saw me. Something I haven't seen at other properties. I was a Platinum but am thinking it was the duration of my stay as the reasoning for doing this?
Old May 19, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by timetosave
I stayed at this property about four years ago for about four weeks. One thing that stuck out here was when checking in they asked to take my picture. I think they then distributed this picture to the staff and everyone in the hotel seemed to know me and greet me by my name when they saw me. Something I haven't seen at other properties. I was a Platinum but am thinking it was the duration of my stay as the reasoning for doing this?
The taking of guests' photos was something started when the JW opened in the '90s. It was the idea of the manager at the time. I cannot remember his name ut he came from Belgium.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:26 pm

Courtyard Breakfast

I am looking at staying at the Courtyard in Bangkok for a few days at the end of my adventure in Thailand.

I have the option of either booking with the breakfast or without. Does anyone know what kind of breakfast is included in the friends and family rate? The price differences is about $6 but just wanted to make sure they won't slap me with a fee to have access to the entire options at MoMo.

Also I welcome any and all insights.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Friends and family rate does not include breakfast.

Bruce
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bdschobel

Bruce
Agree. And the F&F rate does not earn night credits or points.

Cheers.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by bdschobel

Bruce
There was a F&F rate that did include breakfast. Good point to note about earning points. Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
Courtyard Bangkok

If you are a Platinum member, you will have a choice of 250 MR points, one day BTS pass or F&B item which is a business lunch set menu as a Platinum Arrival Gift. Business lunch set menu for two is great and you can have it at MOMO or order room service as well. I think room rate is under 3000THB, CY is a great bargain.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:56 pm

I am a Platinum member and stayed at this hotel many times. I must say this is the only hotel in the Marriott family that has not given me a suite upgrade yet, while everything else has been nice. I wonder if other members share the same experience.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer888
I am a Platinum member and stayed at this hotel many times. I must say this is the only hotel in the Marriott family that has not given me a suite upgrade yet, while everything else has been nice. I wonder if other members share the same experience.

I've stayed there many times as well yet only received a suite once. Heard from one of staff they have lots of walk-in guests. If you check in late enough, you might be lucky. . BTW, only time I was upgraded I asked whether I can get a room with bathtub.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I stayed here as Gold in Apr and still have good memories. So I thought I'd just share a few quick thoughts.

2 things stand out - breakfast and lounge. Both are AWESOME and really put full service hotels in US (that I've been to) to absolute shame (disclosure: I love Asian food). After freely enjoying the vast breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant, it was a shock to come back to a US hotel and get a choice of tired looking sausage or soggy potatoes (after being told no breakfast in hotel restaurant). The difference cannot be overstated. And we're talking about this cat4 vs a US cat8. Note, the breakfast was comparable to that of Courtyard HK Sha Tin (also a cat4), so this lavishness may be common in Asia.

The lounge and its cold drinks were a godsend for scorching Bangkok in April. The lounge with its young and energetic staff, panoramic balcony, and comparably vast offerings, also beats the US lounges I've been to.

The lemongrass drink offered at check in may be the world's most refreshing (hint: it's also available at breakfast).

We tried a local eatery (all local customers - awesome) and 2 massage places within 5 minutes of walk. The 1.5hr Thai massage may be the best I've ever had in life, even slightly beating the one hour full body massage at TG F lounge (which IIRC wasn't a Thai massage). And it was dirt cheap.

Last edited by italdesign; Aug 15, 2015 at 2:37 pm
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report/update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:39 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Does anybody know how CY in Bangkok deal with Gold state?
(as i know, i have no benefits at any CY with gold, but some CY give benefits)

If i book normal room (deluxe) do i get free breakfast?
Do i get lounge entry?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.