Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Crystal Gateway Marriott, Arlington, VA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crystal Gateway Marriott, Arlington, VA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
allegedly, catagories are based upon redemptions, not daily rates...........

Originally Posted by Marcell
The Crystal Gateway Marriott (a Category 6 hotel) is a great hotel located in the Arlington (Crystal City), Virignia area.

I have just completed a stay for the period Thursday, August 29th through Sunday, September 1st.

I had a online rate of $69.00 per night for this location.

Originally, I booked a rate for $89.00 which was good. Next day, I went back on the Marriott website and saw the rate of $69.00 per night and it was not an advanced purchase rate. This was for a regular room. However, as I have been fortunate many times in the past, I was able to upgrade to a Junior Suite for the same price. I had 2 other family members with me.

I enjoyed my trip as well as my family.

As you wouldn't expect to see a very low rate like this, has any one else had a very low rate on a Category 6?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
The hotels in Crystal City all run low rates on weekends. I'm impressed with your $69 find-- the best I've seen is $79, including when I looked to book for a one-night stay on the 31st.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We hit the Marriott Dulles Suite on the weekend frequently. Marriott Rewards rate of $67/night. You can add Thursday to that as long as you stay Friday.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
The Crystal Gateway Marriott (a Category 6 hotel) is a great hotel located in the Arlington (Crystal City), Virignia area.

I have just completed a stay for the period Thursday, August 29th through Sunday, September 1st.
I was here on Friday night on the concierge floor with an airport view. My rate was $79 booked about a week out. I'm down the road at a Hyatt tonight at $67 with an upgraded deluxe king. Have an airport/Potomac view here, too.

This was only my third Marriott stay so still learning about the program. Was surpised to see my room had a sofa. Is that standard there or was I upgraded?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:54 pm

Some room photos:

More in the hotel gallery HERE.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
These are timely discussions on rates. I've posted before that I logged many nights here before relocating to just up the street. Have a buddy who comes in a lot, so I walk down and have a drink or two with him when he stays here.

I talked to a few of the managers and Elizabeth in the CL & as everyone knows, Marriott is very transparent with its associates in the morning briefs. The Gateway is having some pullback in USG and contractor travel, so I would expect some really good rates continuing especially on the weekends.

This is a really nice property well-situated atop the Metro station, and if the rates continue to be relaxed this fall that's a major plus.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Crystal Gateway Suites

I had a recent stay at the Crystal Gateway just last weekend. I didn't know this until checkout, but the Concierge Lounge is open for breakfast on weekends.

If you are planning to stay at this hotel, there are a few announcements....

The pool is closed until December 31st.

Elevator upgrades are underway (they had already upgraded one of their elevators on the Capitol Tower side).

The Mez Restaurant is open but the buffet section is closed (usually through the rest of the month and probably through the 1st 2-3 days of the New Year).

A Fed-Ex Office is being constructed in the Business Center over the next few months.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:02 pm

Marquis Suite

At the Crystal Gateway Marriott, there is a room on the 18th floor called the Marquis Suite. I assume it's another way of saying the Presidential Suite.

Has anyone ever been upgraded to this type of room or is it reserved for certain guests?

Please advise.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I was here on Friday night on the concierge floor with an airport view. My rate was $79 booked about a week out. I'm down the road at a Hyatt tonight at $67 with an upgraded deluxe king. Have an airport/Potomac view here, too.

This was only my third Marriott stay so still learning about the program. Was surpised to see my room had a sofa. Is that standard there or was I upgraded?
I saw your photos of the room. It looks like a Junior Suite.

Usually, the Junior Suites that I have seen there has a separate bedroom from the living room with a tv in each room with a 4-seat round table.

As a Platinum, I always book a regular room and upon inquiring at check-in, I receive an upgrade about 95% of the time to a Junior Suite.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:29 pm

I've been back since and had a standard room on the club floor without the sofa which was really plenty of room for just me. On that particular weekend the hotel was hosting both a tattoo convention and some motorcycle club and could very well have been fully booked.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
So are we talking about the Ren @ CC? Stayed there.. Highly recommend.. Great views and easy access to Regan and the Metro station..
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
So are we talking about the Ren @ CC? Stayed there.. Highly recommend.. Great views and easy access to Regan and the Metro station..
Thread is about the CC Gateway Marriott.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I've been back since and had a standard room on the club floor without the sofa which was really plenty of room for just me. On that particular weekend the hotel was hosting both a tattoo convention and some motorcycle club and could very well have been fully booked.
Oh, okay. I requested a Junior Suite which I received but wanted a room on the right side of the hotel (Capitol Tower-side I think), but I was given a suite on the same side that the Tattoo Convention was held.

I was there too (Thursday through Saturday) when they had their Annual Tattoo Convention in January, but I wasn't there for the convention, though, lol.

Last edited by Marcell; Apr 24, 2014 at 10:12 pm
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:29 pm

I just checked into this hotel today. I was given a King bed, but since I'm traveling with my brother, I requested another room with 2 beds. It was apparently sold out as the Front Desk employee was checking for space. Eventually, she had to get authorization to make available the room.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I just checked into this hotel today. I was given a King bed, but since I'm traveling with my brother, I requested another room with 2 beds. It was apparently sold out as the Front Desk employee was checking for space. Eventually, she had to get authorization to make available the room.
This is peak season in DC for class trip and having just come back from DC this week I can say both the city and the airports are just swarming with them.....(and gosh the city is just beautiful this time of year with all of the trees in bloom)....I would imagine the double bedded rooms were completely sold out due to this reason

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.