Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 7:27 pm

Programs: Starwood Hotels, Alaska Air, Delta/Northwest Air
Originally Posted by scottb57
Just a note that I tried using the Friends and Family rate for a Courtyard by Marriott in Wisconsin this weekend. I was asked immediately upon checkin for a form verifying my status as a Marriott Friend or Family. I told them I'd have the fax sent, never did, and got charged rack rate.
Yeah, you do need a Room Rate Authorization Form to get the F&F rate. The employee can get it from their Human Resources department. The HR rep will sign it and put the hotel's code on the form. I'm sure there are properties that won't insist on receiving this form, but don't be surprised if you don't have it & your rate gets changed.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 1:20 pm

Special bonus for sign-up with Marriott?

I'm not sure if I have an old account or not, but we haven't stayed with Marriott for a long time and I was wondering if there are any special promotions for sign-up or summer bonuses. We are at ATL Marriott Marquis and have stayed for 7 nights if that helps. Thanks for your ideas.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
From Pascal The Starter of this thread

Thanks for all the compliments since 2003!

Greetings,

Pascal (cpspas ) the netherlands!
Old Jun 19, 2005, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Yes the rate is now eligible; however, it didn't used to be. So you may need to be persistent to get your points and stay credit. I used it at the Ren. Chicago just before New Years. Had to speak to a front end manager (actually just had to have the front desk clerk speak to the manager) to get my MR number added into my folio at the end of the stay. Points posted properly with no further intervention.

--Jon
Thank you!
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by scottb57
Just a note that I tried using the Friends and Family rate for a Courtyard by Marriott in Wisconsin this weekend. I was asked immediately upon checkin for a form verifying my status as a Marriott Friend or Family. I told them I'd have the fax sent, never did, and got charged rack rate.

SERVES YOU RIGHT!
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
for a certain property using the NPR code I get a blank rate with the rules:

Code:
INCENTIVE AWARD - ANYDAY * *** DO NOT CONFIRM THIS RATE TO THE GUEST ***
with rate rules:
Code:
    *  CERTIFICATE REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN
    * A CREDIT CARD NUMBER IS REQUIRED TO CONFIRM OR GUARANTEE YOUR RESERVATION
    * CANCELLATION PERMITTED
    * - BEFORE 1600 DAY OF ARRIVAL
    * 1 NIGHTS RM & TAX CXL FEE
    * - AS FIRST NIGHT PAYMENT
should this even be available over the web? is it a company incentive certificate?

Last edited by iloveipods; Jul 1, 2005 at 1:52 pm
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriott
I've assembled a comprehensive list of Marriott promo codes which are intended for the 'general public'. This list can be found at http://www.rentalcodes.com . Select 'Marriott' from the dropdown box under 'Hotels'. To make this list easier to search, i've eliminated company-specific corporate codes.
I've also checked each code to make sure it is current and have eliminated outdated and obsolete codes.
I've also added a number of codes not found on this forum. Hopefully this will make your searching easier.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
It's a very nice list, but -- whew!!! -- watch out for those popup ads. I thought my computer was going to explode!

Bruce
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:52 am

ACC (Accenture Rate)

I found this code in the previous page and it gives a very good rate for the property I need to make a reservation.

According to the person who posted the code, (s)he did not have a problem to use it. Also, there is no requirements (such as ID or verification/authorization form) shown under "rate details."

If anyone had experienced with the code, please share with me.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 5:39 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
I wonder if the front desk staff are less questioning of use of rate codes, say if you are consulting for the company, if you are Platinum.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:34 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
question about OTP

hi

i tried

OTP 9/5/05 Stay for Breakfast / Summer Sleepover Rate includes breakfast + $100 Bonus Buck coupon and $50 United Airlines Coupon when you pay with a Visa Card.

this OTP rate and got a price of 150USD in thailand incl. tax.

so does this mean i will get a 100USD bonus coupon and a 50usd united coupon?

i mean that would be greaT!

I CHECKED THE rules but there was nothing inside the rules that i will get these vouchers.

If we book two days seperated, can we use the first 100USD bonus coupon on the second day? i mean that would be a real discount , or how is this coupon thing working?

is there a way to confirm that we really get the coupons?

dp
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:53 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
My mother is a gov't employee who travels for work, and I asked her if she'd ever been asked for her gov't ID. She said she's only been asked once or twice for it.

I guess if you're brazen enough to try it, go for it, but be willing to accept the consequences if you're asked for ID. I wonder if they card more for AAA than for gov't ID? AAA isn't always much cheaper than the lowest available rate, but I've been asked for my AAA card before.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Thumbs up tip from the author cpspas: Renaissance Pere Marquette New Orleans $99 + breakfast

Code: p42

The $99 special is available Sunday-Thursday from July 11- Sept 13. Weekends are $119 (reg. $169) including FREE continental breakfast at their award-winning René Bistrot. Blackout dates: July 16-19, July 27-Aug 4, Aug 14-15 and Sept 2-4. Must book-by July 27.

The AAA 4-Diamond Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel is offering a midweek special of $99/night (reg. $149) with FREE Concierge Lounge access (includes continental breakfast, snacks and beverages throughout the day and evening hors o'd'oeuvres).

Tip seen on Travelzoo

Greetings, Pascal The Netherlands ( cpspas )
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by kthan
ACC (Accenture Rate)

I found this code in the previous page and it gives a very good rate for the property I need to make a reservation.

According to the person who posted the code, (s)he did not have a problem to use it. Also, there is no requirements (such as ID or verification/authorization form) shown under "rate details."

If anyone had experienced with the code, please share with me.

Thanks for your help in advance.
It is for a tech. consultant company. I have a friend who uses it without a problem. I actually used it two weeks ago in Montreal. No ID required. They just asked what Accenture is. I just said I was a consultant on contract.

Last edited by imverge; Jul 12, 2005 at 10:15 am
Old Jul 16, 2005, 9:02 pm

MOD code question

I have one question about this code at Marriott Grande Vista. It is a discount for Marriott Vacation International Owner.

I am wondering if MVCI number must be presented at the time of check-in. On this property, three of four room rates doesn't require number (shown as below). But, the other rate (for largest 3 bd villa) requires MVCI number. I don't know if ID requirement mistakenly omitted in the other rates.

If anyone have any idea/experience, please let me know.
Thanks.

rate rules
Guarantee Policy
A CREDIT CARD NUMBER IS REQUIRED TO CONFIRM OR GUARANTEE YOUR RESERVATION
Cancellation Policy
CANCELLATION PERMITTED
- BEFORE 1800 DAY OF ARRIVAL
180.63 USD CXL FEE
Tax Information
CURRENCY RATES QUOTED IN USD - US DOLLAR AND EXCLUDE TAXES
TAX 11.500 PCT/ROOM PER NIGHT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.