Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 9:02 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
Maybe a little off-topic here, but, what if you reserve a government rate and you just show a police badge and I.D. when you check in? Anybody do that? Do you need any kind of authorization or paper or anything else?
Old May 26, 2005, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by vickiburton
Maybe a little off-topic here, but, what if you reserve a government rate and you just show a police badge and I.D. when you check in? Anybody do that? Do you need any kind of authorization or paper or anything else?
They rarely ask me for ID (though I have one with me always) and I've never been asked for "papers". A police ID would be pretty persuasive by itself.

Last edited by JCareyB; May 26, 2005 at 9:47 am
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:01 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pointsofinterest
XML = "Leisure Links": Weekend only (Thursday-Sunday) personal leisure travel rate (offered to corporate customers). Sometimes can work on weekday bookings too. Thursday bookings require a Friday night stayover, and Sunday bookings require a Saturday night stayover. Rate is widely offered and it is hard to check ID because it is also offered to company retirees.
When I use this code, I get ID Required. What type of ID will be required for this?
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:04 pm

Just a note that I tried using the Friends and Family rate for a Courtyard by Marriott in Wisconsin this weekend. I was asked immediately upon checkin for a form verifying my status as a Marriott Friend or Family. I told them I'd have the fax sent, never did, and got charged rack rate.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 8:40 pm

A friend of mine has been using the following code without any problems... 6 stays so far.

ACC (Accenture Rate)
Old Jun 12, 2005, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by debua1k
When I use this code, I get ID Required. What type of ID will be required for this?
Yes, these rates are pretty darned good. What type of blanket corporate discount rate is this, or is it affiliated with a specific group?
Old Jun 14, 2005, 8:42 am

Does anyone have information about the requirements for the "eCampaigns Discount" in the Washington DC area? Rate code d55 for July 15-17 shows 3 hotels with availability and very attractive rates. Room descriptions all come up with a "marketing partner rate" and rate rules do not give any restrictions or id requirements. I tried calling both the Marriott reservation phone #, and even called one of the hotels (the JW), but no one had any idea of any special requirements.

This is my first post, and I want to thank every FlyerTalk member for their generous information. I hope to reciprocate (although by the time I get any worthwhile info, it has already been posted here!! What a wealth of knowledge this site contains!)
Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:04 pm

RE: XML promo code

Originally Posted by debua1k
Originally Posted by abezebabe
Yes, these rates are pretty darned good. What type of blanket corporate discount rate is this, or is it affiliated with a specific group?
This is for IBM active employees.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 3:58 pm

So where are these codes entered in order to reap the benefits of these deals?

Also, if you use something like an employee discount or owner discount don't they check to make sure that you are actually what the discount says you are???
Old Jun 15, 2005, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptastic
So where are these codes entered in order to reap the benefits of these deals?

Also, if you use something like an employee discount or owner discount don't they check to make sure that you are actually what the discount says you are???
These 3-letter codes are entered in the "Corporate/Promotional Code" box when you book a room on MR's website.

The rate rules will usually say something like "ID Required."
Old Jun 16, 2005, 2:17 pm
PD

Does anyone know the code for the Entertainment Book? I used to get fantastic rates at the Chancery Court in London using NPR, but it no longer works.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by PD
Does anyone know the code for the Entertainment Book? I used to get fantastic rates at the Chancery Court in London using NPR, but it no longer works.
It's still NPR. The rate may simply be unavailable for the dates you requested. Example, Aug 8-12 works, but Sep 8-12 doesn't.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:54 am
PD

Thanks, ntamayo. I'm looking for October. I'll keep trying; perhaps it will become available.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
My niece just got a job working at a RI. If I use the Friends and Family rate, do I still get points and stay credits for MR? She did not know all the details when I asked her about the program.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:10 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
DavidDTW,

Yes the rate is now eligible; however, it didn't used to be. So you may need to be persistent to get your points and stay credit. I used it at the Ren. Chicago just before New Years. Had to speak to a front end manager (actually just had to have the front desk clerk speak to the manager) to get my MR number added into my folio at the end of the stay. Points posted properly with no further intervention.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.