Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Lima, Peru [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Lima, Peru [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
We'd have to rate the Marriott Renaissance in Phuket, Thailand as our top choice for a special occasion, but the Marriott Miraflores is undoubtedly our first choice among their full service hotels. That's primarily due to the outstanding concierge lounge with its myriad of delectable choices throughout the entire day (no expense spared) with the choice staff members servicing this club. The fantastic views from the higher floors and the lovely Miraflores neighborhood combine to make this hotel our all time favorite. A stay at this hotel is almost worth a trip to Lima itself. Wasn't aware of the T & L rating but it is certainly justified.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: A/E Plat,A/E Plat.AP,Taca Gold,KLM Gold,MPolo Gold,Marr. Gold,C.Club Gold,A.Gold Infinate,Em.Exec,
Not to mention the view! Watching the sunset and sipping Pisco...Perfect.
The corner 1 bedroom suites are superb and worth the rate. The truth of the matter is, we have a beach house in the Asia area but I always plan on 3 or 4 days at the hotel every trip to enjoy Lima and all it has to offer.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Trying to decide in what the difference in the deluxe room or the prime room, which both says there ocean view rooms, I was there 3 yrs ago and can't remember which room I had
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Seeking Lima, Peru reviews of JW Marriott

I booked a deluxe room for March, any gold elite out there got an upgrade to an ocean-view room?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:42 pm

JW Marriott in September

Note: Used points for all stays during my Peru trip.

I stayed at the JW Marriott Hotel Lima on my way back from MP and have to say that the hotel was just what the doctor ordered. The executive lounge has really nice options for tapas styled foods and provides a good view to watch the surfers while you have breakfast. The location is great for those who enjoy shopping and walking to nearby nightlife. The service was a little hit or miss at the reception desk. It is to me like a typical JW experience. Spa experience: Essentially you change into your robe in the shared gym/spa locker room and walk out into the gym reception desk prior to entering the actual spa area. For me that was a bit awkward being in a robe while others were about to hit the weights or a treadmill. The gym is pretty substantial and also open to the public/members.

If you're looking for a spa experience, then I would head over to the Westin Lima Hotel and Convention Center. Service began with an upgrade to a suite along with a very tasty dessert tray. Honestly, the Westin for me was hands down the better experience when it came to the spa and the treatments available. The thermal circuit (think all things water, plunge pools, underwater loungers and ice therapy) alone would be worth staying here for not to mention the awesome deep tissue massages. I also enjoyed the starry room with heated loungers where you can relax and drink your tea after your treatment. If you are a business traveler, this is the hotel location for you - near the business district. I felt the service at the Westin was spot on and just felt as comfortable in business attire as I did in my hiking boots. I will definitely return to this hotel.

I also stayed at the JW Marriott Hotel Cusco. This was a great experience from a service perspective and the food was outstanding. It is located close to everything you need and walking distance to everywhere you want to go. The tea upon arrival and the check-in process completely welcomes you into the environment. The building is pretty neat to look at and explore the different rooms. I stayed courtyard terrace room and then was upgraded to a suite on the second portion of my stay. I loved the suite! Spa area provides a nice relaxed feel and if you're lucky like I was, you can have it all to yourself....sauna, whirlpool and the small indoor pool. Pool is not really a lap pool, but you can get a little swim in. Spa services were ok. The service is overall fantastic and I really enjoyed my conversations with the folks that worked at this location.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
we are staying there in Feb and wonder being a RC Gold, how late can they extend the check-out time?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Hotel Goes by the Book

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
we are staying there in Feb and wonder being a RC Gold, how late can they extend the check-out time?
Sorry to disappoint you, but we found this hotel very inflexible when it comes to the R & R's. We arrived around 10 AM and yet they insisted we pat for an extra night's accommodation. Also, I believe they'd only give us one hour past mandatory checkout time. Nonetheless, it's one of the nicest hotels in one of the best areas (Miraflores) of the city so the trade-off was reasonable. Their spread in the concierge lounge was with all the best stuff. I don't regret our choice one iota. Be sure to get an ocean front room for a spectacular view.

Please let me know if you need a dependable and reliable taxi driver who also does tours in his extra time. He is completely fluent in English and lived in Colorado for a year. We liked him so much we invited him to have dinner with us on evening.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by maltasr
Sorry to disappoint you, but we found this hotel very inflexible when it comes to the R & R's. We arrived around 10 AM and yet they insisted we pat for an extra night's accommodation. Also, I believe they'd only give us one hour past mandatory checkout time. Nonetheless, it's one of the nicest hotels in one of the best areas (Miraflores) of the city so the trade-off was reasonable. Their spread in the concierge lounge was with all the best stuff. I don't regret our choice one iota. Be sure to get an ocean front room for a spectacular view.

Please let me know if you need a dependable and reliable taxi driver who also does tours in his extra time. He is completely fluent in English and lived in Colorado for a year. We liked him so much we invited him to have dinner with us on evening.
As a MR Gold (from UA via Rewards Plus), they gave me a late checkout of 10pm. Unfortunately, the suite that they upgraded me to was not available for that time, so I had to switch rooms at the normal checkout time, but still had lounge access and complimentary wifi.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
I went to Peru for my honeymoon back in September and stayed both at JW Marriott Miraflores and JW Marriott Cusco (and then at some non Marriott property in Aguas Calientes). Used points for arrival night in LIM and we in a large corner suite. Re: cabs, Taxi Green from the airport seemed fair, but from the JW Miraflores for the return for flt out to Cusco, the non-hotel cab agreed to a rate at 100 sol arranged by the door staff, which I knew was high but needed to make it back to the airport for an earlier flight.

Stayed there again after coming back from Cusco on a low weekend rate (~150 USD) and were put in large corner room. The meals at the CL were pretty good, though I think I got sick from something I ate there. View would have been great if there was sun, but we had really cloudy skies and fog that came and went. There were hanggliders flying around they would practically come right by next to the CL windows which was nice to watch for a bit especially as they flew in and out of the fog. On our last day there, we got a late check out to about 5:00 pm or so and then grabbed dinner at Larcomar and got a cab hailed by another door staff who agreed to 50 sol and he was probably the best driver we had in Lima. By the next time I go back to Peru, I'm hoping I'd have been diligent in learning Spanish if not just to deal with the cab drivers!

Overall a great property, but I will say that we really liked the JW Marriott Cusco. I burned the last of my Marriott Gift Cheques there and were put into awesome suites for a stay before going off to MP and then after coming back from MP. The rate we used for two of the nights included dinner for 2 at the hotel restaurant which was an amazing deal IMO (~180 US?). Staff there were some of the best I've come across so far in my stays with Marriott (though I still haven't sent in my receipt for a missing night there). Also, the cab drivers in/around Cusco were much nicer and cheaper. Only weak spot was the spa - massages we got there were only okay.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:38 pm

I notice that one side of the hotel overlooks the ocean. Is it a better than the city view ie. obstructions?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Anyone now if rates for this property drop closer to the date of checkin?
Old May 12, 2014, 6:39 pm

To update the concierge email

[email protected]

I donīt know why Marriot does not provide any emails of the Hotels Services or a main email
Old May 13, 2014, 4:20 am

I notice that one side of the hotel overlooks the ocean. Is it a better than the city view ie. obstructions?

Ocean view is gorgeous, higher the better.

Also lovely to sit in the lounge with a glass of wine, watching the sunset
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:42 am

Looks like award nights are going for 35K/night. With decent local hotels going for around $100/night does it make more sense to save the points for somewhere else that's generally more expensive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.