Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, AZ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Resort, so only bennies are free i-net & possible upgrade.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxdr-jw-marriott-phoenix-desert-ridge-resort-and-spa/

No exec lounge for Gold/Plats. But there is a paid Griffin Club lounge. Elite status will not get you access to the Griffin Club; $$ will.

"Your daily $65 per guest per night membership inlcudes daily access to the Griffin Club, wireless Internet with AirPrint capabilities, iPads, games, magazines and newspapers.

The JW Griffin Club experience is limited to guest 21 years of age and older. Please be advised that there is a business/smart casual dress code in the lounge.

6:30am – 10:30am Chef-prepared Breakfast Buffet
12:00pm – 1:30pm Midday Lunch
4:00pm – 10:00pm Hosted premium bar with beer, wines and spirits
5:00pm – 7:00pm Hors d'oeurves
5:30pm – 6:30pm Interactive culinary experience
8:00pm – 10:00pm Dessert Sampling
Coffee, tea, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day

Along with the exceptional food and beverage experience, our dedicated JW Griffin Club Concierge team is present to ease all your travel worries. They provide vacation planning and full concierge services with restaurant reservations and Arizona tours experiences, as well as business and front desk services with express checkout capabilities."
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, AZ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Camelback Inn is a long ways away

This hotel is in a part of PHX that has just started to be developed. Its really nice- I stayed there on their grand opening rates and was very impressed
Old Oct 8, 2003, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It sounds fabulous, and I don't mind paying big bucks when I'm able to take in all it offers. But this is a conference that runs from morning to night; what a waste of a good resort. It could be at the airport hotel for all I'm going to get out of it. Sigh...

------------------
Sharon
Old Apr 18, 2004, 5:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Normal Weather? Staying here next week

Hi Folks:

We're staying at this property next weekend, 4/22-26. We have never been to Phoenix and are excited for our trip.

Question for you experts: Do we need light jackets for the evening? What about daytime, is it hot? Got some input from weather.com, but asking the experts always gets better results.

THANKS.

Steve
Old Apr 18, 2004, 2:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
The weather here in Phoenix has been incredible lately. I don't think you'll need a jacket at all, but personal preferences may dictate otherwise. I haven't found the daytime temperatures to be hot over the last few days. Of course, things can always change in a week...
Old Apr 18, 2004, 9:47 pm

Steve;

As TransWorldOne stated, the weather is fabulous. Local weather is forcasting up to 90 by the end of the week, so it will be quite warm in the afternoon. But is cools down nicely in the evening. It is now 8:30 PM, and about 60 degrees. So, if I were to be seated outside now(at reastaurant or by the pool) , I would want a very light jacket or sweater. Of course, after living here for 20 years, anything below 70 is cold to me!!!!!
Old Apr 18, 2004, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Well its 11:00 pm Local time and I'm sitting outside - I could use a jacket but I think thats just because my blood has thinned out

The weather has been gorgeous this week - low 80's F during the day and high 60's at nite. Hopefully it will stay that way - but I would suggest bringing shorts, Lots of SUNSCREEN and a lite jacket

This resort was gorgeous

Enjoy your stay

Jan
Old Apr 20, 2004, 6:48 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Can anyone comment on the Cloud 9 level rooms and Concierge Lounge re: hours (is it open on weeekends)?

Also, is pool heated?

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 2:23 pm

Just finished staying here and it was definately a very nice property. It took me awhile to get used to the area, no grass and such. But the property really grew on me. I learned the hard way about the taxis but They do have a private car service to the airport, at $50. They are many nice places around if you have a car. You can walk to the shopping center nearby or they have a shuttle that goes back and forth a few times a day.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Kt
Old Apr 21, 2004, 3:17 pm

We stayed at the Desert Ridge Marriott in February. We were upgraded to a suite (not on the cloud club level), it was fabulous and we also upgraded to the cloud club. This club (while similar to the regular concierge/club levels) is a much upgraded amenity. There is breakfast cooked to order, daily, an appetizer event daily, usually prepared and served by one of the onsite chefs. There is also a full bar included. The service is also much of an upgrade. Very pampering, the staff in the cloud club acknowledges you personally yet professionally. We loved this property, although we are both golfers, we did not bring our sticks with us. We toured the golf facility and it was top notch. We spent most of our time in the spa and workout facilities. I would highly suggest that this spa is one of the nicest and well appointed we have seen ( it is new and very clean) we enjoyed wonderful massages. I would love to visit this location again when heading back to the Phoenix area.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 8:39 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat

Glad to hear everyone's in love with this little property. As luck would have it, my company is having its annual users' conference there in November (or October, I forget), so I'm looking forward to it.

Additionally, we've just decided to relocate to the greater Phoenix area (maybe Snottsdale, maybe N. Phoenix, i.e., Desert Ridge, or maybe even North, North Phoenix way up in Anthem), so I'm looking forward to taking the l'il uns on the lazy river a little more frequently...
Old Apr 22, 2004, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
We are looking for a Marriott resort for next March while attending the March Madness games in Tucson. Any suggestions? I assume Camelback and Desert Ridge are too far away (not sure if we have the Thurs/Sat or the Fri/Sun games, but in any case, it will be two days separated by an open day). Noticed that a new resort (Starr Pass) is supposed to open in November 2004 in Tucson. Any info?
Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ok, my stay is upcoming this week (convention rate of $124+tax). Some quick ?s:

* Any recent updates on Platinum getting upgraded to Cloud level? In reading searched threads, it appears mixed results.

* Do they have a regular exec lounge AND a Cloud level lounge? I am NOT trying for a suite , but I've heard fab things about the Cloud lounge. If there are 2 lounges, should I just expect the regular one or try for Cloud?

* Do they have hi-speed internet access? If so, is there a charge?
Old May 29, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Just returned from my first stay and second trip (the first was a conference there and no rooms were available so I stayed elsewhere) to JW Desert Ridge. Very nice! The service was good, and the staff really went out of their way to be friendly and to ensure that I was satisfied- if only other companies I deal with could be so helpful! Highly recommended.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
I just stayed here for the first time as well ... I was very impressed! I'm just a Marriott GM, but I was treated well. No upgrades, but the room was huge and amenities in the bathroom were above the norm. The complex was HUGE ... three or four swimming pools (the river one with a slide was amazing) and the spa looked nice (I didn't partake). The restaurants looked good and the bar/lounge has a great view.

I ended up walking over to the group of stores located about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We ate at Grilled Expediation (which was surprisingly good, affordable, and on most "Dining for Miles" programs).

Getting to and from the resort was expensive via cab and a pain via the shuttle ... but aside from that, it was a great stay. I was there on business, but would go back for pleasure.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:47 am

I would appreciate it if any platinum members could update your recent experience at this hotel especially with platinum upgrade and the cloud club situation. I will be staying there in a couple of months for the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.