Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2004, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by mplanner
We are interested in looking at the new resort and wondering if they had any special offers to visit?

Other than the obvious larger accomodations, is there any reason to choose the Beach Club over the Ihilani? We may do a reward stay and I think a mountain view room at the Ihilani is 75K as is a one bedroom stay in the Beach Club.

I own 2 weeks there and I can Friendshare you if your interested, I think it the promo was 6days at JW or the Beach club and one week rental car for $699, and you get like $100 Marriott bucks to use while there. Let me know if you wan't me to refer you.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 9:10 pm

Ihilani vs. Ko Olina Beach Club

Originally Posted by mplanner
We are interested in looking at the new resort and wondering if they had any special offers to visit?

Other than the obvious larger accomodations, is there any reason to choose the Beach Club over the Ihilani? We may do a reward stay and I think a mountain view room at the Ihilani is 75K as is a one bedroom stay in the Beach Club.

As far as the location, they are about 3/4 mile from eachother. I prefer the Beach Club because it is a much much bigger property. The Ihilani has all of the restaurants, but the Beach club is more family oriented and everything is new. You can see my review, as well as others, of the resort at tug2.net.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:41 pm

Smile Ko Olina Beach Club Villa's?

Can anyone provide info on Villa's at Marriott Ko Olina.

We traded for a week here and want to know about property amenities. Staying last week of March.

Does the property have work out / exercise facilities?
What type of pool / deck area.
Any recommendations on room locations / views?

We have stayed at the new Desert Ridge Villa's and had access to BBQ grills, a pool side bar, mini store for snacks etc. Is there a similar set up?

Any recommendations on local activities i.e snorkeling rentals, charter fishing, whale watching?

3 children, 13 , 11 and 8 loking forward to it.
Thanks

Last edited by illbdger; Mar 2, 2005 at 7:54 pm
Old Feb 22, 2005, 1:02 am

Programs: UA LifetimeGS, DL LifetimePM, HH Dia, Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Plat, Avis Chairman, Hertz Plat
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club - Promotions

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. If it is, please direct me to the correct one.

Does anyone have any specific details on promotions for a visit to the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club Villas? I thought I heard about a package for $699 for six nights?

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:01 am

Programs: WN A+CP, UAL, Marriott LTPPE
Return to Paradise

I was in Honolulu last Nov and received a "Marriott Preview Vacation Voucher" --- Essentially for $599 you get ===> 6 day/ 5 night Hawaiian Retreat, a Hertz Compact Rental for 5 days, and $50 in Ko Olina Beach Club Experiance dollars. The accomadations will be provided in a standard guest hotel room ( Marriott Waikiki) . Not sure how you would get one of these but I have to call for a reservation later this week and can follow up with you if you like. All in all even if it isn't at the resort I think it is still a pretty big bargain.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by sumfungai
Apologies if this is the wrong forum. If it is, please direct me to the correct one.

Does anyone have any specific details on promotions for a visit to the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club Villas? I thought I heard about a package for $699 for six nights?

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Yes, it is! I'm going to be in Honolulu in November for 5 days on business and could use something like that! Please keep us posted.

Bruce
Old Mar 3, 2005, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
I know they give these offers out for previewing there property. I am an owner at Maui and if I refer you they will call you with a same/similar offer. Please let me know if you like as I am more than happy to put in the referral.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:57 am

Anyone been to Ko'Olina lately?

I keep hearing about disaterous flooding and sewage spills in Hawaii because of the rain. We are planning to be at the Ko'Olina for the first time the week of 05-20-06. Since this hotel is now a cat. 7 and costing us a gazillion points, I just wanted some feedback on the condition of the island in general, if anyone has been there. Thanks in advance for any reply!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 3:12 pm

I, too, have the same question. I arrive at the Ko Olina a week after the previous poster. We're a bit nervous about the reports, and I have been reluctant to call the hotel because I didn't think I would get truthful information in the event of any damage.

Thanks to all.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Rest assured that you shouldn't have a problem. This resort is located on the leward (Dry) side of the island. The flooding happened on the Windward side of the island.

Think of it like this. If Oahu is a clock, the geographically it would look like this:

Waikiki = 6 o'clock
Windward Side (Flooding/mudslides) = 3 o'clock
This Resort = 9 o'clock

I was in Waikiki for 6 days at the end of February. It was during the time of the rains and flooding on the windward side. The most I got rained on was when I decided to head to Manoa at the UH campus for a baseball game. I heard the facilities there were incredible, and I wanted to see for myself. Side note: They were! UH in Manoa gets a lot of rain. They call it Manoa Mists. It rained most of the baseball game. But for my time in Waikiki, I'd say I didn't get rained on more than 6 hours in 6 days.

There's a reason why all the resorts are built away from the Windward side. They get the most rain.

Most of the rain happened up above Hawaii Kai/Sea Life Park. And it was basically limited to that part of the Island (the worst of it anyway).

They built this resort on the Leward side because it's the sunniest part of the island. So I don't think you need to worry at all.

Last edited by chicaloca453; Apr 3, 2006 at 6:44 pm
Old Apr 3, 2006, 6:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I was in Oahu and Maui at the end of Feb as well. Partially cloudy every day during the six days we were there. Ko Olina is on the drier side so we didn't see as much rain as the rest of Oahu. During the 48 hours we were there, it rained for six hours while it was raining both days on the rest of Oahu.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:06 am

Programs: UA-1K(BIS), Marriott-Platinum Premier, Hertz-PC, Fairmont-PC
Ko Olina - JW Marriott

:-: :-: :-: :-: :-:

My wife and I stayed there Mar 06 - 10. We only got rain the last day while the rest of the island was raining constantly. We got upgraded to a suite #1415. Excellent view and extremely large. The food there was wonderful. If your looking for peace and quiet I would highly recommend this hotel.

Originally Posted by seawolf
I was in Oahu and Maui at the end of Feb as well. Partially cloudy every day during the six days we were there. Ko Olina is on the drier side so we didn't see as much rain as the rest of Oahu. During the 48 hours we were there, it rained for six hours while it was raining both days on the rest of Oahu.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:26 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Dennis.Dunbar@mckesson
We got upgraded to a suite #1415. Excellent view and extremely large.
Yes a very excellent hotel. And just to clarify for you, and others who may not be aware, all of their rooms are suites that have foyer (some also have hallways), large room with love seat, easy chair, coffee and end tables, desk and chair, 1 king or 2 double beds and night stands with control center for lights, AC, etc., large closet and entertainment center, large lanai with teak chaise lounges and dark blue cushions, and teak table with chairs, floor to ceiling sliding plantation shutters instead of draperies along with sliding glass doors to the lanai, marble bathroom with soaking tub, separate large frameless glass enclosed shower, 2 vanities on opposing walls, and separate water closet. Some of the slightly larger suites on the end have 2 lanais, and there are a couple with hot tubs. The upgrades at this hotel are for the ocean view, which it sounds you received.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:19 pm

Programs: USAir Preferred, Marriott Platinum
We were in Hawaii last May and went up to check it out just to get the points. I can appreciate the peace and quiteness of the area, but for me personally I just didnt care for the area. Its too industrial for me and not at all what I'd expect for what they are asking for the t/s there. We did see the rooms but we werent staying there at that time.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
We were at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club about two weeks ago. There was a bit of rain, but otherwise no problems. The heavily-reported flooding was on adjacent islands.

If we returned to the area, we'd stay at the JW proper. Our room at Ko Olina could best be described as "European-sized" - truly one of the smallest, worst laid out rooms I've ever seen at a Marriott property. Not at all what we were expecting for the high rates being charged. It will be a very nice property otherwise when they complete the construction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.