Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Allvest
To be really exact, it's the Marriott Resort and Spa.

As such, providing bfst to Elites (and possibly even lounge access) is now against the stated policy of Marriott HQ, and possibly going to be a thing of the past.

JW Marriott Resort and Renaissance Resort both took the free bfst off their list of benefits to Gold/Plat/Plat Prem recently. Their reason was "HQ policy decision". But if that's the reason, then why is Pattaya still offering it?
It is the Marriott Resort and Spa. At check-in, I commented that since they were a Resort, they did not have a CL. The woman checking me in pointed out we were actually sitting in the CL, and said something along the lines of they did not have to have a CL, but they have chosen to have one. From something else in that conversation, I gathered they also have a substantial business clientele from a couple specific large companies, so maybe that is why they have chosen to have a CL. (A sub-company within the same large company I work for is one of those companies, and there was some confusion that since I work for a different sub-company, I was there to work for the other division of the company. Both have the parent company in the name, ala Global Enterprise Air and Space Division versus Global Enterprise Banking Services.)

FWIW, the Asheville Ren also gave me a similar line about corporate dictate for their decision to stop breakfast in the CL and, instead, offer free toast in the restaurant. The manager there insisted it was corporate dictate, yet I haven't found a single other Ren following this dictate. Perhaps "corporate dictate" requires some interpretational stretch.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: SPG, Etihad Guest, EK Skyawards, Thai ROP, MR Silver
I stayed at the CY Pattaya earlier this month in order to get the Silver through 2016 promotion. Not the easiest to find (and I live in Pattaya!) but once you have found it you can orientate yourself easily.

Very quick checkin and room exactly as per my request. Main room was fine but the bathroom was showing signs of poor ventilation resulting in damp marks on the shower ceiling and black spots on the grouting.

Pool area is small and was very busy with a rather annoying clientele who were bossing the staff around like Colonial Memsahibs. Staff were very good and the pool/lobby bar server had the patience of Job. Kept making sure my glass was topped up as well!

MoMo cafe was acceptable and very quiet. Checkout the next morning was so fast I still can't remember it. Have booked again for 2 weeks time to get the 1-4 Free stay which hope to use at Marriott Rayong Resort and Spa.

Perfectly acceptable stay and good value.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:40 pm
Suspended

the previously announced JW Pattaya/Jomtien more then likely dead in the water as certain nationalities have abandoned this area due to oil prices being so low, however same little birdie says that a local Thai family looking to build a small Renaissance in the Ambassador-Movenpick area perhaps using the shell of one of the abandoned projects that these nationalities won't be buying.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:01 pm
Suspended

is there really a Marriott Resort and Spa?

Originally Posted by Allvest
To be really exact, it's the Marriott Resort and Spa.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
It is the Marriott Resort and Spa.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Anyone been recently to Pattaya Marriott? Seems they had started renovating the main building in May 2015 (rooms too seems).. - Can anybody confirm? thx..

(see comment at tripadvisor..

"Moreover, we are very pleased to be able to let you know that we have plans to remodel and update the main wing of the hotel commencing from June this year. We are certain, the remodeling will provide a highly functional space and stylish décor, including room furniture, that will meet the modern needs of our valued guests. Additionally, the lobby will also be thoroughly renovated with work beginning today! We strive daily, to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel itself. So with this in mind, our current offerings will be improved and enhanced imminently.

Thank you too for your trust in our hotel and your recommendations. Very much appreciated indeed.

Our Resort team and I are always at your service. It was a pleasure to have had the opportunity of serving you and we look forward to doing so again in the very near future.

Warm regards,
Naritkorn Sampaoyont
Administrative Assistant to General Manager" )[/SIZE]
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
Anyone been recently to Pattaya Marriott? Seems they had started renovating the main building in May 2015 (rooms too seems).. - Can anybody confirm? thx..
I was there in January and there was no work going on. To the best of my memory, the lobby and common areas were exactly as they were previously.

I had a room in the main building and it was exactly as before as well, same furniture, layout, etc.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was there in January and there was no work going on. To the best of my memory, the lobby and common areas were exactly as they were previously.

I had a room in the main building and it was exactly as before as well, same furniture, layout, etc.
thanks..
Old Mar 24, 2016, 3:33 am

got a message from them:

"Regarding to your enquiries, please be informed that for renovate project was postponed to end of this year and may be delayed depends on consulting with management team."
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I was at the Pattaya Resort about 2 weeks ago, definitely no work going on but I think they are using the Garden Wing as much as possible. I was very happy to get an upgraded to a ground/first floor suite in the Garden Wing

DSC_0335
by John Alexander, on Flickr

DSC_0332

DSC_0333

One small gripe - the hot dishes served in the Lounge during the evening cocktail sessions are allowed to get cold very quickly because of the way they are left with no sufficient heating. If you ask one of the Lounge Ladies they will warm them up for you. It is just a pity they don't provide suitable hot plates.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
As of 1 Nov 2016 the Marriott Pattaya Resport & Spa will no longer be a Marriott property.

It was nice while it lasted -- sort of. This place stopped being good value a few years ago, and has become quite expensive for what it is. On my many stays it seems obvious that the investment/renewal it desperately needs has been getting deferred and deferred... Maybe the rebranding will help, but I won't be staying without Marriott points & benefits.

Maybe Marriott will attach their brand to a new property in Pattaya?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by tai4de2
As of 1 Nov 2016 the Marriott Pattaya Resport & Spa will no longer be a Marriott property.

It was nice while it lasted -- sort of. This place stopped being good value a few years ago, and has become quite expensive for what it is. On my many stays it seems obvious that the investment/renewal it desperately needs has been getting deferred and deferred... Maybe the rebranding will help, but I won't be staying without Marriott points & benefits.

Maybe Marriott will attach their brand to a new property in Pattaya?
oh bad news :-(. so probably will become an anantara..
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
It will become an AVANI, which seems to be MinorGroup's hospitality wing. They own the franchises in Thailand (at least) for several American brands like Burger King and Swensons. The Pizza Company is theirs too, as are the Royal Garden mall and its attached hotel currently branded as Marriott.

Looks like they've gotten into hotels more broadly. Given that I suppose it makes sense for them to take their own hotel "in house" but for me I'm not interested in staying in a place that's become ridiculously overpriced for what it is, if I'm not getting Marriott points and benefits. This change finally gives me the excuse to break the Pattaya habit.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by tai4de2
It will become an AVANI, which seems to be MinorGroup's hospitality wing. They own the franchises in Thailand (at least) for several American brands like Burger King and Swensons. The Pizza Company is theirs too, as are the Royal Garden mall and its attached hotel currently branded as Marriott.

Looks like they've gotten into hotels more broadly. Given that I suppose it makes sense for them to take their own hotel "in house" but for me I'm not interested in staying in a place that's become ridiculously overpriced for what it is, if I'm not getting Marriott points and benefits. This change finally gives me the excuse to break the Pattaya habit.
the (now) Marriott Pattaya used to be Bill Heineke's first hotel at all, and yes it's actually a property of him (Minor intl). They also rebranded the ex-Four Seasons BKK recently to a Anantara. Same as the Marriott Bkk Resort a couple of years ago.

There was a talk some times ago that Marriott was about to open a resort in Jomtien, but no recent news anymore :-(
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Disregard

Last edited by goodeats21; Aug 2, 2016 at 4:06 am
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:22 am

Finally stayed at the CY in Pattaya. Even though the Resort had gone a fair ways past its prime, after experiencing the CY I look wistfully back on the days of being gorged at the Resort.

Unless and until there's another Marriott in that area, I may not go back. Sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.