Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
No recent trip reports for Pattaya Marriott? Do they still offer upgrades, breakfast and lounge access to golds/plats?

I'll have a work trip to Bangkok next month and will use some of my vacation days after that is over and thinking of heading to Pattaya. Is that a good destination for a married man traveling solo? Absolutely not looking for "fun" but sun and relaxing minivacation of maybe 4 days. At least in my country Pattaya has a little bit of a reputation of being a place where single men go to have different kind of fun.

I would actually rather go someplace else but this one seems to be the most convenient location from Bangkok without flying and with a Marriott property.
Yep, lounge access and at least one of the renovated rooms are safe. It's not a real beach location, but the hotel gardens with the nice pool will keep the surrounding noise away. If you want a more quiet location, go for the Marriott Rayong.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
No recent trip reports for Pattaya Marriott? Do they still offer upgrades, breakfast and lounge access to golds/plats?

I'll have a work trip to Bangkok next month and will use some of my vacation days after that is over and thinking of heading to Pattaya. Is that a good destination for a married man traveling solo? Absolutely not looking for "fun" but sun and relaxing minivacation of maybe 4 days. At least in my country Pattaya has a little bit of a reputation of being a place where single men go to have different kind of fun.

I would actually rather go someplace else but this one seems to be the most convenient location from Bangkok without flying and with a Marriott property.
Just here at the moment. Same as usual. WIFI is still terrible in the terrace rooms (request a wireless access point and they'll install it for you). Bfast and lounge access as before. Nice wonderful and personable staff.

Rayong is alright, pool is barely deep enough to swim, but rooms are modern. Beach is so-so (as in, not really), but of course anything is better than Pattaya beach. Why Pattaya advertises itself as a beach resort is beyond me. It feels more like a city built inside a garbage dump, full of dodgy tourists and even dodgier "service personnel".

Marriott properties in Phuket are much nicer. Probably worth the short flight. Do rent a car though.
Old May 20, 2014, 7:02 am

any recent upgrade experience @Marriott Pattaya? During the last few stays, I had always booked a premium garden view room, and that's what I got, not even an upgrade to an oceanview.. - but have to admit, I haven't asked for any upgrades neither and wouldn't complain as already the lounge access is great and not a must for a resort property.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just noticed on Marriott website that the new Courtyard in Pattaya is listed and indicates opening November 2014. Not taking reservations yet.

Not a lot of room info on the website. Listed as a Cat 3.
7 floors , 114 rooms , 18 suites

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...south-pattaya/

Address is 561 Pratamnak Hill, South Pattaya Road Pattaya 20150 Thailand

Map is showing it close to Pattaya Sai 2. Should be OK for catching baht bus.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Just noticed on Marriott website that the new Courtyard in Pattaya is listed and indicates opening November 2014. Not taking reservations yet.

Thanks.. seems it'll be the current Best Western Premier Signature Hotel Pattaya; stayed there once, it was ok.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

According to Marriott.com, now expected opening December 2014. Still not taking reservations.

Wonder how many times / how long this opening is going to be pushed back....
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:01 am

According to Marriott.com, now expected opening December 2014. Still not taking reservations.

Wonder how many times / how long this opening is going to be pushed back....
i guess you can still reserve it under the best western logo.. seems they're accepting reservations there
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm. I did a quick check on Best Western site and it didn't show as an option.

Regardless, it would only interest me if I could book it as a Marriott.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
Marriott-family hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

I've contacted South Pattaya Courtyard' GM last month. He told me that they are trying to open it on December but other Bangkok Marriott lounge staffs I talked to, they told me probably beginning of next year.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the update.

Added: They have updated the entry on Marriott.com with some additional pictures. Looks like it is going to be a full rehab of the place with the new gray color scheme rooms.

Last edited by goodeats21; Nov 7, 2014 at 12:41 pm Reason: added
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:56 am

CY Patt is bookable now on marriott.com
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:16 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
CY Patt is bookable now on marriott.com
For stays starting December 1st ... THB 3K++ per night!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I walked by the Pattaya Courtyard Hotel earlier today. It's nice, new and open for business, but all the Marriott signage is draped and hidden. I went inside and asked what's going on. The front desk folks told me that the hotel owner and Marriott have not reached an agreement yet regarding the management contract, so the hotel cannot represent itself as a Marriott brand yet. The front desk estimated that agreement should be reached in 2-3 months! Meanwhile, I would not expect to earn or redeem points there.

By the way, the hotel is really in the middle of nowhere. I would never choose to stay there, even though it looks very nice.

Bruce
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I walked by the Pattaya Courtyard Hotel earlier today. It's nice, new and open for business, but all the Marriott signage is draped and hidden. I went inside and asked what's going on. The front desk folks told me that the hotel owner and Marriott have not reached an agreement yet regarding the management contract, so the hotel cannot represent itself as a Marriott brand yet. The front desk estimated that agreement should be reached in 2-3 months! Meanwhile, I would not expect to earn or redeem points there.

By the way, the hotel is really in the middle of nowhere. I would never choose to stay there, even though it looks very nice.

Bruce
well, it's not really "in the middle of nowhere"... it's opposite of the "Hiso Hotel", but well.. not the best location indeed.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bdschobel

Bruce
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.