Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Aruba

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2005, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TorBill
Acutally it is a RITZ - scheduled to be the first time share under the Ritz banner. More upscale, more features. This will be the fourth property in a row, starting with the two time share restorts, the Marriott hotel and then at the end of the beach the Ritz timeshare. It will be sometime before they break ground because the highway will need to be diverted and other local issues resolved. The surf club time share has enjoyed sales far in excess of expectations and therefore Marriott is looking to capitalize on the demand for time share product.
Actually Ritz-Carlton Club already has a few time share properties open (CO & USVI come to mind)
Old Dec 6, 2005, 3:25 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Yes, and there is a RC Residences going in at Vail, CO. And there is a RC Residences already in Cayman opening this month (finally) I believe.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
Last week the paper, Aruba Today, had an article stating that the Ritz will be building a tower next to the Marriott. I assume this will be a hotel and not a RC Club. The Rennaissance and Marriott are great hotels but a 5 star property would be a nice addition. No details as to when they break ground.

Does anyone have info on the abandoned hotel construction in town near the harbor.When we were there,we were told it was to be a Marriott property but may have been sold.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:12 pm

Aruba marriots?

Has anyone used their points for a stay in aruba? Or been to the hotel just for vacation? I can't decide between hawaii and aruba... I love the clear, shallow water in aruba but didn't know about the hotel conditions?
thanks
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:57 pm

Programs: MR Plat HH Gold, DL Plat, UA 3P
Originally Posted by butterball99
Has anyone used their points for a stay in aruba? Or been to the hotel just for vacation? I can't decide between hawaii and aruba... I love the clear, shallow water in aruba but didn't know about the hotel conditions?
thanks
I was there on an award in Feb 2003 and stayed at the Ren. It used be a Sonesta before Marriott took it over. I loved the hotel because it was right in town, which provided lots of dining/entertainment choices, but also has a private island, which provided seclusion from the crowds. The boat to take you to the island pulls right into the hotel - worth a few cool factor points. It's not a new property but I thought it was fine.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 9:34 am

I'll let you know in April. I am headed to the Aruba Marriott Surf Club on a paid stay.

Had the choice of all 4 Marriotts (full service, Renaissance, Surf Club and Ocean Club) but none were available without using "stay anytime" awards, which I was hoping not to do. Rates were $450/nt and above which was discouraging as well.

Luckily, I was able to finally secure the Surf Club at a AAA rate of $279/nt, which was much more to my liking.

The Surf Club (and the Ocean Club as well) are newer than the other choices and, although there is ongoing construction at the Surf Club, reviews indicate it doesn't affect the guests.

A friend recently stayed at the Renaissance and enjoyed the private island but said she probably would not stay here again due to its location (in town rather than in the hotel area).

Good luck choosing....Hawaii is a great option too. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with either choice!
Old Jan 21, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Aruba Marriott

The hotel/ocean/surf club are located on the strip of hotels a couple miles from the downtown area. The downtown area is nice, but i choose to avoid it other than to do some shopping/drinking/eating. The resort and the timeshares are beautiful. The hotel rooms are very spacious, the ocean club was recently redone, and the surf club is only about a year or 2 old.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 11:31 am

Programs: American, Marriott, National
The Marriott Stelaris, Ocean Club and Surf Club are all very nice.

The Ocean Club and Surf Club ( bldgs 1 and 2 open, 3 under construction) are Marriott Vacation Club properties.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Upgrading a Room @ Aruba Marriott

We're going down to The Aruba Stellaris in April after Easter. (April 18-25) Unfortunately, I have to use stay anytime points but...
The question is this. We have a room with 2 double beds. I have 2 boys, 11 and 13 years old, and I recently had knee replacement surgery. I'd like to try to get a room with a king/queen and a double bed. Is it possible that they would let my pay to upgrade to a bigger room, and if anyone else has done this, what would it cost?
(Looked into renting a 1 br at either the surf or ocean club, but couldn't match the dates up.)
As always--thanks.
Pete

Last edited by peteyp97; Jan 22, 2006 at 7:51 pm Reason: NEW TITLE
Old Jan 21, 2006, 4:56 pm

Does anyone know what the price is for a typical meal in town? What about in the hotel? nothing spectacular, just normal burger and fries or a sandwich?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
We stayed at the Stellaris Resort last April and thought it was great. The beach is fabulous and the hotel complex (including the Surf Club, etc.) had plenty of options for food etc. I agree with the comments above about staying on "the strip" versus downtown - we were only a 10 minute cab ride away from downtown, but had a much better locale when we wanted beach time (which was our primary focus).

In regards to the latest question ("what does food cost?"), we found that pretty much everywhere was a good 10-20% higher than what you would expect to pay in the states. I assume it has to do with the fact that just about everything has to be shipped in. Of course, they could just be squeezing us rich Americans.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 7:23 pm

Programs: MR Plat HH Gold, DL Plat, UA 3P
Originally Posted by lo1234
Does anyone know what the price is for a typical meal in town? What about in the hotel? nothing spectacular, just normal burger and fries or a sandwich?
An option that we chose is a meal package that lets you prepay and get to choose where you dine from a number of participating restaurants. You also choose how many meals you want to purchase. You can check it out at www.arubadining.com
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:50 pm

I just got back from a week at the Surf Club. I would say a typical burger/fries meal was around $10, maybe a touch less. That's a hotel/sit down restaurant burger, not a McD's or Wendy's burger.

Building 2 in the Surf Club is not yet open, thought it is almost finished. I believe it opens fairly soon.

Flyerwife- Marriott is really hell-bent on selling out the timeshares at the Surf Club and was pushing a 4 night package for $498. I don't know what the exact conditions of the rate were, other than being forced to listen to their sales pitch on buying into the timeshare. I googled it and got this link:
https://www.mvci.com/st-ac/en-us/pac...p?cookies=true

Maybe it could work out to save you some $$$.

I'm hoping to get a trip report done by the end of the week.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
If you want to splurge a bit, check out Chez Mathilde in the downtown area: http://www.chezmathilde.com/
This was our best dinner from our 7 nights there!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by whlinder

Flyerwife- Marriott is really hell-bent on selling out the timeshares at the Surf Club and was pushing a 4 night package for $498. I don't know what the exact conditions of the rate were, other than being forced to listen to their sales pitch on buying into the timeshare. I googled it and got this link:
https://www.mvci.com/st-ac/en-us/pac...p?cookies=true

Maybe it could work out to save you some $$$.
Thanks for the heads-up. I will definitely check it out!
Looking forward to your report on the Surf Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.