Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
If our first 7 nights is using an award stay, and we pay for a suite upgrade using cash, will that be counted as an eligible stay so the next 12 nights be counted for triple miles, or does the booking have to be made entirely with cash for the next stay to be counted as triple miles

Next 12 nights at a different hotel, both Ritz Carlton and both in New York
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
think you'll find that this question has been asked and answered before and that award stays even with a cash upgrade will not get you stay credits........ guess you should get MR points for the cash payment but that's about it (except for any elite benees you have coming)

Originally Posted by aviationp
If our first 7 nights is using an award stay, and we pay for a suite upgrade using cash, will that be counted as an eligible stay so the next 12 nights be counted for triple miles, or does the booking have to be made entirely with cash for the next stay to be counted as triple miles......Next 12 nights at a different hotel, both Ritz Carlton and both in New York
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If our first 7 nights is using an award stay, and we pay for a suite upgrade using cash, will that be counted as an eligible stay so the next 12 nights be counted for triple miles, or does the booking have to be made entirely with cash for the next stay to be counted as triple miles

Next 12 nights at a different hotel, both Ritz Carlton and both in New York
Your first miles-earning stay has to be cash. But it need not be a 7-night stay. So I suggest you find a hotel, either near the hotel where you're staying 7 nights and use that for just 1 of the 7 nights (at the start or end of the stay), or elsewhere.

(If it's something you split off from your 7-night stay, it has to be a different hotel than the adjacent 6 or 7 nights, since changing one of the nights at the hotel from award to cash may not even always work, because they may merge the reservation, and if they merge it worng it won't count.)

Gosh, if your next 12 nights are at a Ritz Carlton, which implies your rates will be high and thus your miles earnings will be high, it might even be worth it for you to do a "mattress run" at the cheapest Fairfield-or-whatever you can find before then (that's close enough for you to check in, leave the key your room, make the room look slightly used, and then leave, and then call in the next morning from wherever you are and tell them you checked out and left the key in your room).
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
think you'll find that this question has been asked and answered before and that award stays even with a cash upgrade will not get you stay credits........ guess you should get MR points for the cash payment but that's about it (except for any elite benees you have coming)
If I will earn points, does that mean I can also earn miles on that stay using the triple miles promotion provided I stay one night before for a mattress run?

Also will the cash component of the upgrade be considered for the triple miles or only for the reward points?

And lastly, it says participating 3600+ hotels, does that mean there are some non-participating hotels? If so I can't seem to find a list for that

Thanks for the previous answers though
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if you're asking if you can earn both points AND miles for the same stay let me and others know how to accomplish this neat little trick (since I thought you had to pick one or the other.......)!

If I will earn points, does that mean I can also earn miles on that stay using the triple miles promotion provided I stay one night before for a mattress run?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:44 am

if you're asking if you can earn both points AND miles for the same stay let me and others know how to accomplish this neat little trick (since I thought you had to pick one or the other.......)!
Sorry that was two questions which should have really been one and better worded.

In the first hotel stay, we will have to upgrade our room with cash using an award stay, so will we be eligible to earn miles on that upgrade cost or as the room cost is actually $0, we won't earn miles on that upgrade cost of the RC award stay. The question stems from the fact that we may be able to earn MRP for the upgraded room cost it seems.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Just finished a 17 night stay. That pushed me over the edge for the Summmer bonus. My 40,000 points posted today. Along with the points for that stay. 73,150 points total posted.

Not too shabby.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:48 am
Suspended

the only way I know to (no double dipping) is once you maxed out your MB choice then switch over to the Miles promo. The last Mega whenever I was staying at a RI or TSP I figured its better to earn the reg miles and the extra 2000 then 5 pts per $.

its a bit harder if youre doing a Pts promo rather then the stay 2 get 1 free up to Cat 4.Since this MB max is 3 free = 6 stays .So once the 6 are under your belt change over to Miles
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:06 am

Check in 31.08. when Summer bonus ends

Hi there,

could not find any clear answer on that.
We going to check-in on 31.08 when the summer bonus ends. does this night from 31.08-01.09.2012 still count for this summer bonus?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I don't think so but you might want to send Marriott Concierge a PM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by frequent-traveller
Hi there,

could not find any clear answer on that.
We going to check-in on 31.08 when the summer bonus ends. does this night from 31.08-01.09.2012 still count for this summer bonus?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
Yes.

The only chain that I know of that does not count the "end date" is Carlson Club by Radisson. Marriott has historically considered the check-in on the last stated date of a promotion to qualify for the promotion.

However, it is never bad to re-check anything you are told online by a source within Marriott be it the Marriott Concierge here, or just by calling Marriott reservations or customer service.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:52 pm

Thx for the answers. I will wait nw for the surprise if the night from 31.08 - 01.09. still counts or not. But hopefully yes, since these are still some additional points.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Just finished a 17 night stay. That pushed me over the edge for the Summmer bonus. My 40,000 points posted today. Along with the points for that stay. 73,150 points total posted.

Not too shabby.
^ very nicely done, I must say. congrats!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:13 am

I like the way they post the bonus points the day you earn it, not at the end of the promotion period. ^
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:49 pm

2012 Summer Megabonus

Question for our Marriott Representative:

The 2012 Summer Megabonus ends August 31st. Will a stay checking in on August 31, checking out the morning of Sept. 1, count as a qualifying stay for the Summer Megabonus?

Second question: Do stays at the Senior Rate Qualify?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.