Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by RedElmo
How about calling Chase to change your Credit billing cycle to be due "NOW" move it up. then you will get credit for the two nights sooner.
Unfortunately the billing cycle doesn't seem to be the issue - I spent the funds in the last cycle but the purchases were made in November. By my understanding that spend won't post as elite nights until December 12-13.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:17 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stripy
- Short of booking two more nights at a Marriott property before 9 Dec is there any other way around this that may be cost effective?
How much would it cost to pay for the Plat benefits directly on this one night stay? (i.e. pay for upgraded room and breakfast)

What about holding a meeting? (look for the meetings thread)

Regardless, in the greater LA area, you could find two stays totaling around $150, maybe even less if you find an LNF.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:29 pm
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Chase CC - How long does it take to post points?

I am thinking about applying for the Chase Marriott Premier Visa card (70k pts offer) on the idea that I can use the points for an upcoming trip at a Cat 7 resort (5 nights = 140k pts). I know I can make a reservation on points even if I don't have enough points right now. Let's say I apply on Tue 11/12 (monday is Veteran's day, Chase is closed) and get approved instantly.

When should I expect to receive this card physically? Assuming that I can meet the $1000 min spend within 2 days of getting the card, what is the best & worst case scenario for my monthly statement closing date and subsequent posting of the points to my Marriott account? i.e. can I count on the points being there by 12/15?

Your thoughts based on your experience would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
since Chase is the entity that will be sending out the card, if approved, and sending out their tape to Marriott to credit your acc't with the bonus points here's a novel idea - call and ask Chase....

Originally Posted by c2d
I am thinking about applying for the Chase Marriott Premier Visa card (70k pts offer) on the idea that I can use the points for an upcoming trip at a Cat 7 resort (5 nights = 140k pts). I know I can make a reservation on points even if I don't have enough points right now. Let's say I apply on Tue 11/12 (monday is Veteran's day, Chase is closed) and get approved instantly.

When should I expect to receive this card physically? Assuming that I can meet the $1000 min spend within 2 days of getting the card, what is the best & worst case scenario for my monthly statement closing date and subsequent posting of the points to my Marriott account? i.e. can I count on the points being there by 12/15?

Your thoughts based on your experience would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: United
from my case, a couple of days after the statement which you met you spending criteria
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:13 am
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Originally Posted by lingzhou
from my case, a couple of days after the statement which you met you spending criteria
Thanks lingzhou! This is helpful to know.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:46 am

Also see points in the MR account just a couple of days(usually 2-3) after the statement closing date. Here is something else to consider: If you apply on the 12th of this month and want the points by Dec 15th, you might want to ask Chase for a billing cycle ending and beginning pretty soon to ensure there is enough time to see your points credited since you expect to have your minimum spend taken care of quickly.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by TvlPeach
Also see points in the MR account just a couple of days(usually 2-3) after the statement closing date. Here is something else to consider: If you apply on the 12th of this month and want the points by Dec 15th, you might want to ask Chase for a billing cycle ending and beginning pretty soon to ensure there is enough time to see your points credited since you expect to have your minimum spend taken care of quickly.
Two possible wrinkles that sometimes happen:

(1) When you change the statement date, it actually pushes out the close by an extra month. i.e. some people have reported a very long first statement (say 6 weeks) after calling to move the date.
(2) Spending in the week before the statement close doesn't always trigger the signup bonus. The spend-based points will post but the bonus will post on the next statement.

These things don't happen to everyone but it's frequently enough to say you shouldn't count on such a tight turnaround. Have a realistic backup plan.

You may also want to spend some time on this parallel thread, which is focused on the signup process itself: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...mier-visa.html
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
...When you got the card, that gave you 15 elite nights immediately. 10 of those accounted for your Silver status the first year. ...
At the end of 2011, the extra 5 nights were rolled over, plus any other elite nights you had earned. ...
On or around your credit card anniversary date, another 15 elite nights will credit to your account.
Once upon a time I was a frequent Marriott guest, but not recently. I have sufficient nights to qualify for lifetime Silver status, but not enough points.

I applied for the Premier Credit Card in 2014. I have not yet received the card. My status changed to Silver, but my Nights Detail does not show any nights in 2014 and my Lifetime Total Nights did not increase. When the status changed to Silver I also expected to see 15 Rewards Credit Card Nights because of this language in the card offer:

15 Elite credits toward your next membership level after account
approval
and every year after account anniversary*
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by mia
My status changed to Silver, but my Nights Detail does not show any nights in 2014 and my Lifetime Total Nights did not increase.
Maybe it's a timing issue? As I recall, when I signed up, it was something like:
(1) Cat 1-4 cert posted immediately
(2) Right after that, status changed to Silver
(3) Maybe a day or two later, nights count changed
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:40 am
mia

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I saw the status change first, then the certificate posted.

Even though I already have sufficient nights for Lifetime Silver I care about these nights because I am within stretching distance of Lifetime Gold, which looks as if it would actually be useful. However, not sure I can bring myself to divert any significant amount of spending to this card at 1 point per dollar.

Do I understand correctly that holding more than one Marriott card does not result in more 15 nights credit?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by mia
However, not sure I can bring myself to divert any significant amount of spending to this card at 1 point per dollar.
2x for car rentals, direct purchase airline tickets, and restaurants. When I need the points, I use it for the first two if I don't need any premium insurance cover.

Do I understand correctly that holding more than one Marriott card does not result in more 15 nights credit?
The rules say that and I recall hearing that actual experience agrees.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:49 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I can agree that you will not get more than 15 nights from the credit cards. I just had this happen late December.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:56 am
mia

Originally Posted by mia
I saw the status change first, then the certificate posted.
Now the Lifetime Nights have increased, although the current year nights still shows 0.

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
2x for car rentals, direct purchase airline tickets, and restaurants.
<grumble> I have better cards for airlines and restaurants, but I'll devise some type of strategy, such as staying at Marriott properties.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 am

this card can be cancelled as soon as the marriott point show up in your account right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.