Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New European Autograph Hotels - Boscolo Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

LONDON, July 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Autograph Collection, Marriott International's (NYSE:MAR - News) fastest growing brand, today announced that six luxury Boscolo Hotels in Europe will join the collection. Last year, Marriott International launched Autograph Collection, a group of exceptional independent luxury hotels, each hand-selected for their originality, character and uncommon details. The first four Autograph Collection Hotels in Europe were added in Spain in May of this year, and with the addition of these six Boscolo properties, located in some of Europe's most beautiful cities, Autograph Collection has now grown to 26 properties globally.
The first four Boscolo Hotels will join Autograph Collection in September 2011, with the remaining two hotels expected to join by January 2012. The first four hotels are:
• Boscolo Palace Roma, Rome, Italy
• Boscolo Venezia, Venice, Italy
• Boscolo Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
• Boscolo Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

In 2012, the following hotels will join the collection:
• Boscolo Exedra Roma, Rome, Italy
• Boscolo Milano, Milan, Italy
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, American Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hawkeye2
The first four Boscolo Hotels will join Autograph Collection in September 2011, with the remaining two hotels expected to join by January 2012. The first four hotels are:
• Boscolo Palace Roma, Rome, Italy
• Boscolo Venezia, Venice, Italy
• Boscolo Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
• Boscolo Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

• Boscolo Exedra Roma, Rome, Italy
Great news! Interesting that only 1 Boscolo (Nice) didn't make the cut...wonder why. Also, it would be nice if the B4 hotels also joined the Marriott system but maybe its not in the cards because of the AC integration adding so many properties into the system. At any rate, it will be great to FINALLY have a good property in Venice!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
To bad the Boscolo Plaza in Nice, France, isn't being added as their location was just GREAT!

LONDON, July 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Autograph Collection, Marriott International's (NYSE:MAR - News) fastest growing brand, today announced that six luxury Boscolo Hotels in Europe will join the collection.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I promised I'd take my best gal over there for her bday. How are the Milan and Rome ones vs the rest Marriott has to offer? Any other nice Marriott props there?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, American Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I promised I'd take my best gal over there for her bday. How are the Milan and Rome ones vs the rest Marriott has to offer? Any other nice Marriott props there?
Afraid I haven't been in Rome for quite some time but I've stayed at the Milan Marriott 8ish times in the past 3 years.

Depending on how quickly they integrate the Boscolos there should be 3 Marriott props in Milan as of fall/winter (up from just 1 since forever!). I haven't stayed at the Boscolo but know the area and it definitely wins out on location...5-7 mins walking to the Galleria, La Scala, and the Duomo. San Babila (the neighborhood its in) is quite nice for bars/restaurants as well and you're pretty close to Via della Spiga which it and the environs are the heart of the fashion district for Milan. So yeah...big win for location there.

The AC hotels property in Milan is a bit further afield and in a pretty dead business area to boot...but I'd still say its central in the scheme of things. Also, its a high-rise so if you get a high floor you'd have an excellent view.

Now for the Marriott. The location is awful...10 mins walk to the subway station and another 15ish mins on the subway into town from there. And the neighborhood is pretty dead (no restaurants/bars). Hotel is straight out of the late 80s, early 90s...pretty nondescript. HOWEVER, if you've got status this property is great. The entire top floor is monstrous suites and in the 8 times I've gone here I've been upgraded to a suite 7 of them (only time I didn't was during fashion week...make sure you don't go then!). Massaging shower and jacuzzi tubs feature. The lounge is tiny and not very well stocked/run but is open 24 hours if you need a late-night water or something. Breakfast has always been downstairs for me...which is also a highlight, great spread...especially for Italy. So yeah, with the high probs you can get a suite I'd say give the Marriott a look but if you really value location don't go there.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Thanks a lot for the info!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Italian Style, Italian Service

Just had two rooms for two nights at Carlo IV, Prague Boscolo. The rooms were nice enough, certainly more stylish than the average Marriott.
However, it was very difficult to get any form of service out of the staff.
Admittedly we arrived very late and left very early, but even in the middle of the day the staff were more content doing their own thing and avoiding contact with the guests.

Although we got a good price, I would thoroughly recommend the Prague Marriott (which is just around the corner) over this place. I was angry and frustrated with the way we were treated and it reminded me of the all of the stays I've made in Italy.

You live and learn.

FYI, there are also construction works around the main entrance. Be prepared for a detour to reception.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
You can earn at Boscolo Properties, right?

I'm still waiting to see any activity in my account after my stay at the Boscolo Prague. Perhaps they hold a grudge against me after my previous post?

I completed a missing stay form more than a week ago, but the European fax number is dead. The call centre asked me to scan the receipts and e-mail them in. Done (a week ago). I received an automated reply, but no further information.

Just to confirm, stays at Autograph Collection properties do qualify for points and nights, don't they?

Thanks,
Charles
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:32 pm

Just returned from a stay at the Boscolo Prague, and can't say we experienced the poor level of service the previous poster did. All the staff were top notch.

We arrived mid afternoon to find no cot in our room for our 17 month old, and frankly no room for one either in the, albeit very well appointed, classic room. so they upgraded us to a deluxe room at no extra cost.

Breakfast was excellent too.

My only gripe is the accessibility. Having a child's buggy with us was tricky as the only way into the property was up a flight of steps from the pavement!

Bit concerned that points might not post though.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:19 am

Points posted after 3 weeks and 2 e-mails to MR.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a pretty good hotel in a reasonable location. My service problems were largely due to me arriving in the middle of the night having driven from the UK and also leaving very early. We were a little bit out of the ordinary. Perhaps they are good at dealing with normal people!

I do still recommend the Marriott around the corner. No problems there (but we were being normal at the time).
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:50 am

Cheers for the update. I'll wait a few more days to see if they post, then chase them if nec.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:57 am

Boscolo Prage points posted automatically in the end - 5th Nov for a checkout on 23rd Oct. I was about to submit a missing stay form too!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Boscolo Exedra Roma, Rome, Italy

In the last couple of days, there has been a news blurb about Renaissance opening a new property in Rome and I think it may be the Exedra that may be the candidate as the AC Diplomatic hotel in Barcelona is to be rebranded a Reniaissance hotel on 4/26/12.

In any event, whatever the exact categorization of the Exedra, it will be a welcome addition to Marriott's offerings of central downtown hotels.

Too bad it is not the Boscolo Aleph, which appears to be quite spectacularly designed, as well, as it was conceptualized by Adam Tihany.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 5, 2012 at 5:55 am
Old May 2, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Other Boscolos

So, does anyone have insight on why other Boscolos (the ones at this website: http://www.b4hotels.com/ ) are not affiliated with Marriott?

To me, some brand confusion.

Rasheed
Old May 3, 2012, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by rasheed
So, does anyone have insight on why other Boscolos (the ones at this website: http://www.b4hotels.com/ ) are not affiliated with Marriott?

To me, some brand confusion.

Rasheed
Could be a variety of reasons. Owners didn't want to sell the others, Marriott picked the ones it wanted, etc. Kind of like there's not a Marriott Ritz Carlton in London or Paris because the owners wanted to keep those. Shrug.

Since one has to book through Marriott in order to receive points/stay credit, there shouldn't be too much confusion as to which properties are which.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.