Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador & LTT, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Did you at least get an UG? That is the one hotel that has always consistently upgraded me to a ridiculously huge suite.
No upgrade. When requesting at check-in I got the usual, "I'm sorry, we are fully booked" spiel. I did get to the hotel pretty late on Monday night and to their credit they are showing no availability online for this week. Thanks for the heads up though, hopefully I'll have better luck next time.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mekk
No upgrade. When requesting at check-in I got the usual, "I'm sorry, we are fully booked" spiel. I did get to the hotel pretty late on Monday night and to their credit they are showing no availability online for this week. Thanks for the heads up though, hopefully I'll have better luck next time.
Sorry about that. It's not a particularly nice suite, but it is quite large. There is a round dining table just inside the door that can seat six which is convenient for both dumping stuff when you walk in and spreading stuff out to work. Also, the bedroom is tucked into a corner of the hotel without walls to the hallway, which makes it very quiet. .
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Interesting, and thanks for the replies. It may indeed be safe to assume that's it's a courtyard only change. I guess they are starting to feel guilty for not giving us free breakfast! Lol
NO they are feeling guilty of taking away the free coffee. I guess my letters to Mr. M paid off!

This is a start, but if you are staying for 4 nights, you only get 1 cup of coffee
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Platinum gift (points as well as amenity)

Courtyard Buffalo - told me about the change at check-in and it was applied. Points + Starbucks coffee (tall) or market item.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Two FS in a row, I've been offered BOTH the Welcome Points and $10 Credit or two market items. Both hotels claim this is the policy for PP. Not the hotel policy, but the Marriott policy. Is this new? The hotel I'm at now insists that if hotels aren't doing this now, they aren't following policy. (Livonia FS) I was at the Troy MI FS the night before.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
I must be having my first CY stay since the new policy went into effect.

Just for the sake of updating the thread, here is a link to the new policy, which states, "Courtyard (U.S. & Canada) 400 bonus points and a Food or Beverage amenity."

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I am yet to see this at any of the properties I stay. I mostly stay at full service or SHS.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:08 am

I'm at a Renaissance Hotel now (check out tomorrow morning) and was not offered the platinum gift upon arrival. I sent off an email that complimented the front desk clerk (I don't want him to get in trouble) but pointed out that I was not offered the amenity.

I got a quick response from the assistant front desk manager apologizing for not making the offer but she states that they put me down for 500 points anyway and offered an additional 1,000 points.

This is a bit ridiculous. The Marriott site says "If guarantee is not met, guest compensation applies." That's simple. If x, then y. And the compensation is not $100 or 1,000 points. It's a simple $100. I feel like their attitude is, "Sorry we messed up! We owe you $100. Would you accept $3.00 instead?" So now I get to be the bad guy who has to press the issue...
Old May 19, 2014, 11:57 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
That is probably exactly how they are hoping you would feel. (And then not pursue it any further of course.)

Note that if you do want to pursue it, you MUST deal with it before you check-out. After you check-out, they hotel is off the hook.
Old May 19, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
If you wanted the $100, you probably should have said so in your email. (Not saying that excuses the hotel's response.) As already said in the thread, now you must make the request before checking out. Be interesting to see whether the hotel claims that you requested the points on checkin. Posters here report this happens frequently when the front desk forgets to ask. Please let us know which Renaissance property.
Old May 19, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
I've been having more issues than usual with my 500 point Plat arrival bonus posting. Used to be, maybe 1 in every 10 times I'd have an issue. It's been 1 in 3 recently.
Not sure if this is systemic, or something other folks have noticed. This has happened at a variety of Marriott hotels now.
Good thing is that after I get past the automated gatekeeper on the MR Line, someone cheerfully corrects it in about 2 minutes.
So . . . easy and painless fix, thankfully, but I wish it worked more seamlessly, like before.
I always ask for the points, and I do remember being asked at all the locations by the FD staff.
Old May 19, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by valor155
I've been having more issues than usual with my 500 point Plat arrival bonus posting. Used to be, maybe 1 in every 10 times I'd have an issue. It's been 1 in 3 recently.
Not sure if this is systemic, or something other folks have noticed. This has happened at a variety of Marriott hotels now.
Good thing is that after I get past the automated gatekeeper on the MR Line, someone cheerfully corrects it in about 2 minutes.
So . . . easy and painless fix, thankfully, but I wish it worked more seamlessly, like before.
I always ask for the points, and I do remember being asked at all the locations by the FD staff.
Your post made me look and I have had two occurrences where the plat arrival bonus did not post in the last 12 months.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
If you wanted the $100, you probably should have said so in your email. (Not saying that excuses the hotel's response.)
Yes, I agree. I'm from Seattle, where people are infamous for being passive-aggressive, but that's on me. Though I feel as if they're going to make a guarantee, be confronted with a failure on it, then the onus is on them to make it right.

However, in this instance once I clarified that was what I was requesting, they issued the $100 very promptly and politely. So they've certainly fixed the situation. The hotel is the Dallas Renaissance. And it really is a great property, regardless.
Old May 20, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
Your post made me look and I have had two occurrences where the plat arrival bonus did not post in the last 12 months.
I also just checked, and today there was a 500 pt posting, labeled DELAYED BONUS POSTING. Interesting
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Million Miler, Hertz President's Circle
Platinum Welcome Gift/Amenity Guarantee

I was at the Renaissance Schaumburg this week and when I checked in room service was still open and they did not offer me a platinum welcome gift/amenity. At check out I spoke to the manager expecting to collect on the $100 guarantee and he said they were no longer giving the amenity.

I said I wasn't aware of the program change but he added 10,000 MR points to my account. Looking at the elite program benefits, I am not sure he was correct. The MR site says:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift

Get more when you check in. As a Platinum member, you’ll receive a special gift upon arrival at all participating hotels, offering you a choice of an amenity gift or bonus points. (Amenity gift not available at The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION and Marriott Vacation Club locations.) If guarantee is not met, guest compensation applies. [PLATINUM ONLY]

-----------------------------------------------------------

Am I missing something here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.