Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Napa Valley Marriott Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
The Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa $20 Daily Destination Fee includes the following daily amenities:
  • Culinary Garden Tour with Sparkling Wine (4pm)
  • Yoga Class every morning meet in the lobby (7:30am)
  • Preserve Spa Access Eucalyptus Steam Room (8:30am to 12:00pm)
  • Specialized® Bicycle Access with hybrid bicycles with helmet, available from dawn to dusk
  • Bottled Spring Water replenished in your room daily
  • Napa Valley Roasting Company Coffee, Two cups of fresh brew available daily in VINeleven Market
  • Daily Vintner Pour every evening in the lobby (5-6pm)
  • Wireless High Speed Internet
Print Wikipost

Napa Valley Marriott Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:10 am

Yes, the main reason that we are choosing this property is for the access to the lounge. Having lounge acces because of being a platinum members is one of the perks that we enjoy. Are the wine tastings in the evening complementary or is there a charge?

Thanks for all the inforamtion. Any suggestiong on wineries to go to?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:05 am

I will also check out the other hotels. Thanks!
Old May 26, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
So is this hotel worth $400 per night? Do Plats get any special treatment?

We need a room for one Saturday night in July, and most nearby properties have a 2-night minimum so there no good alternatives, unless I try to negotiate for an award night at the HGI next door.
Old May 26, 2012, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
no........... so I've been driving a few extra miles and staying at the Hilton for FAR less........

Originally Posted by Boraxo
So is this hotel worth $400 per night?
Old May 26, 2012, 9:33 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat

We need a room for one Saturday night in July, and most nearby properties have a 2-night minimum so there no good alternatives, unless I try to negotiate for an award night at the HGI next door.
There is a Concierge Lounge, but of course it is closed on weekends because this is a Marriott.

I'd stay at the HGI. I've also gotten some really good room rates at the Doubletree in American Canyon.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
The CL is open at this one on the weekend. Unless it has changed recently. Also, the CL is beyond packed every morning. It is kept stocked even with the crowd. The evening wine tasting is free. No special perks for Plat and have stayed there at least 10 times.
It is not worth $400 IMO. I like the HGI next door. The breakfast in the lobby of the HGI is way better than the CL at Marriott. Even with no status in HHonors we stay at the HGI now when we are in Napa.

Last edited by flsunshineflyer; May 29, 2012 at 1:49 pm Reason: clarification
Old May 28, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum

The SHS in Napa is by the airport, and although is a nic(er) SHS, it is not worth the $269 rate they wanted last weekend. And I can pretty much guarantee you will not think the Marriott is worth $400 per! Check the Fairfield Inn in American Canyon....for one night, (esp if you are traveling between Napa and Sonoma) it really is not a bad location. And it is actually a pretty decent Fairfield. You can do far worse and pay much more.

The drive between Calistoga and Santa Rosa is one of the nicest in the area, IMO. If you can work it in to do that last thing on Sat, (or first thing on Sun) you could stay in Santa Rosa - many more choices at nowhere near the costs, without going too much out of the way.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
**Moderators, we had a thread circa 2000-2002 about this property. Can this be merged with or appended to that thread?

I'm sorry to see that this Marriott has not improved. I stayed here for 3 nights in 2000 and posted a review at that time. I was Platinum then, and after a co-habitation with Hilton and Hyatt, I am Platinum again now.

In any case, the property staff had an "attitude" back in the day. No upgrades, and I felt that I was assigned a deliberately poor room because I had asked about a Platinum upgrade. I remember looking over a parking lot.

The room was below par -- equivalent to a Drury Inn or another midwestern box motel.

I don't recall the lounge, but it may have been closed even then over the weekend.

Sad to see that this property continues to disappoint thousands of Marriott's loyal customers.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by fastflyer
**Moderators, we had a thread circa 2000-2002 about this property. Can this be merged with or appended to that thread?
Hopefully not. There's no reason to merge a decade long thread when there are more recent reports on the property.

I'll update the exec lounge sticky to reflect that the lounge is open on weekends.

From the reports on this thread, doesn't sound like the property is much of a 'resort'.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite; UA MM
I haven't stayed there for a couple years, but I doubt that it has changed much. It is basically what I would describe as a Marriott motel. It does have a small lounge with tables (I don't recall any lounge chairs or sofas). If the weather is nice there is a patio area off the lounge where you can also eat your food or drink.

Wine tasting is really not the right name for the free alcohol (assuming they still offer free wine). They offer wine much like any lounge, but it isn't what you might think of as a wine tasting with several choices and tasting-size portions (or it wasn't when I was there).

And I don't think the property is worth 400 dollars a night. If you decide to stay there I would have low expectations of what I would get for that price. It isn't a bad place, it is just feels more like a motel than a hotel in my mind.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by stc
There is a Concierge Lounge, but of course it is closed on weekends because this is a Marriott.

I'd stay at the HGI. I've also gotten some really good room rates at the Doubletree in American Canyon.
Is that true? When was the last time you stayed there? Last time I was there it was open on the weekend.

To the poster that asked if the hotel was worth $400 I would say heck no. We got a LNF rate for like $100 and it was barely worth that.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Is that true? When was the last time you stayed there? Last time I was there it was open on the weekend.

To the poster that asked if the hotel was worth $400 I would say heck no. We got a LNF rate for like $100 and it was barely worth that.
Recent reports state the lounge is open. Not all FS properties have lounges closed on the weekend, so best to check the exec lounge sticky for updates & list of properties.

Recent reports also confirm that it's not worth $400 & probably close to your $100 in terms of value.

BTW - I'm glad I read this thread. I really had this view of one of the Mondavi family members greeting you at the front door and this being a wonderful resort in wine country - think "Under The Tuscan Sun". The reality sounds like I should just watch the movie instead

Cheers.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:04 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
It was about a year ago. I guess I'm mis-remembering. Sorry. But, this must be one of the few FS Marriotts with lounges open on weekends.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - I'm glad I read this thread. I really had this view of one of the Mondavi family members greeting you at the front door and this being a wonderful resort in wine country - think "Under The Tuscan Sun". The reality sounds like I should just watch the movie instead.
So true!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by stc
But, this must be one of the few FS Marriotts with lounges open on weekends.
Off-topic from the property itself, but that's why we have an exec lounge sticky in this forum which lists which FS properties have the lounge open or closed on the weekend, & if closed if they provide brekkie coupons, and if closed, are they key accessible for soft drinks. Always best to check the sticky for updates/listing of properties & lounge status (and provide updates if there hasn't been one on a particular property).

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.