Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Greensboro, NC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Greensboro, NC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
None of the Marriott properties are that interesting in that area, IMO. I typically stray from my usual Marriott choice and stay at The Proximity (the sister hotel to the O'Henry mentioned, above). It's more money, but it's fun to stay there, and I'm typically there just one night. Great restaurant at the Print Works Bistro (hotel restaurant) next door, close to Friendly Center (shopping area with a Whole Foods, Apple store, etc.).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Marriott Greensboro Airport - Stay Report 2/18 - 2/19

Location: This is a true on airport hotel property. While it's not connected to the terminal, it's an easy 5 minute walk to it without any danger, though the shuttle will also drop you if you prefer. Getting to the hotel is easy, if you're coming from west you can take NC-68 off I-40 to the hotel or from the east, Bryan Blvd. works.

Hotel: Although this is an older property, around 30 years according to the sign in the elevator, it's in great shape and the recent renovation helps. There's a large and inviting lobby with high ceilings and an exposed second floor that helps it feel larger. There's also a lot of parking which is nice. The lone restaurant and bar is a little dimly lit but it's open until midnight which is nice. The Concierge Lounge is sadly closed on weekends.

Check In: As I mentioned above, the lounge is closed on weekends. I was offered breakfast but the restaurant didn't open until 7 so that didn't work for me. I asked for a drink at the bar instead and I was given a $10 food and beverage coupon which made me very happy. Great check in over all.

Room: My first time in one of these updated rooms and I was definitely impressed. I loved the lighting and the furniture and bathroom remodel were excellent. Also, the giant smart TV was great, being able to connect to Hulu was a huge plus. The only issue is the soundproofing is terrible.

Other: I had a couple of beers and some food at the restaurant. Prices are pretty high ($6.50 for a pint, $14 for ten wings) and service was pretty bad but it got the job done.

My AAA rate was $98. If you have an early flight from GSO this is a perfect hotel.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report w/ pics! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:51 am

Just a note
A new TownePlace suites is opening in Greensboro this summer. While I normally don't book these did like the location of this one and booked it for an event. (The other option was the Sheraton which I have stayed at before. Wasn't impressed!)

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...coliseum-area/
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: United and Marriott
Best Marriott in Greensboro, NC?

Hi Everyone,

I'll be starting a project in Greensboro, NC in a few weeks and will be flying in every week for the foreseeable future. Does anyone have a recommendation for which Marriott would be best to stay in? At first glance, it looks like the Sheraton and Marriott would both be decent options. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Wheelben22
Hi Everyone,

I'll be starting a project in Greensboro, NC in a few weeks and will be flying in every week for the foreseeable future. Does anyone have a recommendation for which Marriott would be best to stay in? At first glance, it looks like the Sheraton and Marriott would both be decent options. Thanks in advance for the help!
I would suggest either the Sheraton or the Greensboro High Point Marriott Airport. I can't stand the Downtown Greensboro Marriott. Very old feel!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Has anyone stayed at Marriott GSO Airport lately? Is the lounge open during the week and weekends?
Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Has anyone stayed at Marriott GSO Airport lately? Is the lounge open during the week and weekends?
Thanks
Staying there next week. I called and they told me the lounge is still closed and that only cold continental breakfast is available in the restaurant.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Staying there next week. I called and they told me the lounge is still closed and that only cold continental breakfast is available in the restaurant.
Actually, better than the downtown Marriott, where the lounge is closed, the restaurant only open for breakfast on weekends, and the replacement elite breakfast consisting of a few plastic-wrapped baked goods in the gift shop. Secured an upgrade to concierge floor, only later being told the lounge was closed. Stay 5/2021.
tarheelnj likes this.

Last edited by ohmark; Jun 9, 2021 at 9:37 am
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:07 am

Stayed this weekend at the GSO Airport Marriott. On the plus side the updgraded room was spotless, the FD clerk was welcoming, recognized my status and offered me the choice of the F&B credit or points, and the fitness center was clean (could use an upgrade on the treadmills).

On the downside, breakfast was pathetic, barely worthy of a low-end budget hotel. I knew they wouldn't have the full hot menu, but when I called ahead of time they said they would have oatmeal and hard boiled eggs. They didn't have either ("we don't serve those on weekends"). When I walked into the restaurant, the FD clerk was in the restaurant explaining to a family why they were being charged $10 per person for this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
On the downside, breakfast was pathetic, barely worthy of a low-end budget hotel. I knew they wouldn't have the full hot menu, but when I called ahead of time they said they would have oatmeal and hard boiled eggs. They didn't have either ("we don't serve those on weekends"). When I walked into the restaurant, the FD clerk was in the restaurant explaining to a family why they were being charged $10 per person for this.
That's an embarrassment for a full service Marriott. In fact that would be embarrassing for a Fairfield Inn. And I don't want to hear any COVID safety excuses, North Carolina is fully reopened for dining.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:40 pm

Staying at the Downtown Greensboro Marriott in the next week. Anyone there recently and know if they're back up to full service? The Web site just shows pool closed but no other service restrictions. SNA's not allowed so wondering if they even have suites.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:07 pm

Update to above post. Stayed for two nights at the Greensboro Downtown Marriott, and overall an excellent experience. The results from their recent renovation were evident.
  1. Upgrade to corner room - quiet and roomy.
  2. M Club on ground floor (replacing old concierge lounge). Closed weekends but open at 6:00am weekdays with Continental breakfast starting at 6:30am. Full hot breakfast in the restaurant on weekends for Plat and above.
  3. Outstanding fitness center. One of the best I've ever experienced in a FS Marriott. It looked brand new with wide selection of machines, weights, etc.
  4. FD staff were very pleasant, recognized Elite status, offered bottle water.
  5. Still charging for parking ($11.00/night).
A good choice if needing to stay downtown.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:18 am

Courtyard Greensboro Airport - Stay Report 8/12 to 8/13

Location: The hotel is located in a cluster of hotels off NC-68 just south of I-40. It's next to a Clarion, Home2Suites, Hampton and Residence Inn. NC-68 has plenty more such hotels and the occasional restaurant and gas station. GSO itself is about 10 minutes away. Because of the design of the airport this is about as close as every hotel save the on site Marriott is.

Hotel: Your standard out by the highway Courtyard though with the exterior facelift at least. It had a big enough parking lot at least along with a Bistro which was open late along with a two computer business center in the lobby. They also have two elevators which is a rarity for a CY and cuts down on lines. Do note they're still following BS COVID protocols and the pool remains closed.

Check In: I was asked if I wanted points or a $10 F&B Credit and that was it for any Titanium recognition

Room: Standard early CY design with the bed facing the window and the weird oblong couch. Everything worked as it should including the outlets near the bed and the Wifi. I will note that because of the stupid policy to have large bottles of product in the shower I had two conditioners and a bath gel and no shampoo.

Overall a fine option for an airport overnight. I wouldn't stay longer due to the lack of housekeeping though.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Seems like a strong sense of Security and Caution at the Courtyard - perhaps they should be less Cautious and Secure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.