FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1074131-plat-plat-prem-post-compare-optimize-megabonus-offers.html)

judolphin Apr 14, 2010 6:57 am

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Please post new MegaBonus Offers as you receive them!

Check the chart below, and see if one of the offers below works better for you than the offer Marriott made to you.

If you find an improvement, call the Platinum desk and ask nicely, before the end of the promo, for the one that best fits you.

The script is very simple: "Hello, I'd like to please change my MegaBonus offer to x points for y nights." Please make sure you're quoting a real offer :D

Please note that YMMV. If an agent tells you "no", try to speak with another agent. Please make sure to be civil about it. This is not an official Marriott policy; it is something that Marriott reps tend to do to help out Plats & Golds.

Also, whenever you get a new promo, please reply to the thread with the full terms of your offer copied and pasted into your reply.

The only Megabonus-type promotion I am aware of for Spring 2012 is the "MegaMiles Promotion", an airline miles promotion:

Marriott RewardsŪ MegaMiles has soared to new heights, giving you the opportunity to earn 2,000 bonus miles with every stay, beginning with your second stay, up to a total of 50,000 bonus miles during the promotion. You'll also earn your usual base miles with any one of the participating airlines with every stay.
See Details
Here's how:

* Register or join Marriott Rewards and be automatically registered
* Stay between January 1 and April 30, 2012 at any of over 3,500 participating hotels in 70 countries, across 13 distinctive brands
* Earn 2,000 bonus miles with every stay, beginning with your 2nd stay, up to a total of 50,000 bonus miles during the promotion period. For kilometers conversion, view terms and conditions.
Thanks to everyone for their help!

aaupgrade Apr 14, 2010 7:04 am

Marriott has shown flexibility in changing Plat's MegaBonus offers

aaupgrade Apr 14, 2010 7:05 am

2010 MegaBonus details and registration now available

All the variations are covered int he first 2 pages of posts.

judolphin Apr 14, 2010 7:07 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 13767773)
Marriott has shown flexibility in changing Plat's MegaBonus offers

Thank you. Corrected.

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 13767779)
2010 MegaBonus details and registration now available

All the variations are covered int he first 2 pages of posts.

Thank you... was thinking this would be helpful to compile a couple of pages into a single post.

Plus, it cuts through all the gobbledygook. You know how many nights/stays you have. Here you can easily pick the offer that works best for you based on your patronage to Marriott during that period.

aaupgrade Apr 14, 2010 7:18 am

FYI, the easier thing to do is to call the Plat desk after the promo ends and ask if there is a better Megabonus promo for your stays during the promotion period. They will be more than happy to check for you.

In my case last Megabonus promotion I didn't even have to ask. I called about 3 weeks after the promotion ended to inquire about stay credits for the current promotion. I casually mentioned that I had a 14 day stay from Jan 17-13 which didn't qualify for either promotion since it was in the dead zone between promos. I also indicated that I didn't earn anything in the previous Megabonus promo period. The CSR said wait one minute... she came back and said that I qualified for 5000 points under the 2 or 3 stays Megabonus promo so she credited my account 5000 points for the previous Megabonus promo.

judolphin Apr 14, 2010 7:22 am

You can make both your life and theirs easier by asking for a specific offer. Besides, we FTers don't like to leave things to chance, now do we? :)

BrightlyBob Apr 14, 2010 7:56 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 13767839)
FYI, the easier thing to do is to call the Plat desk after the promo ends and ask if there is a better Megabonus promo for your stays during the promotion period. They will be more than happy to check for you.

Ringing up at megabonus expiry is not the solution as the response I got when I tried was that they wouldn't change the scheme after the megabonus ended. As it happened I had a series of problems and as part of the compensation they awarded me a pro rata on my the missed megabonus. Others have reported that persistence might well work, but all this seems to leave us at the discretion of the Plat line when if we simply call before the promo ends MR will transfer us to a different scheme of our choosing.

In my view this thread is a good idea, as long as its kept updated by OP, with our help of course.

aaupgrade Apr 14, 2010 8:07 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob (Post 13768050)
In my view this thread is a good idea, as long as its kept updated by OP, with our help of course.

OK. In that case I will do as requested.

My Megabonus offer is 25 nights for 50000 points. When I spoke with the Plat desk on February 8 they said that if I end up getting 60 nights to call back after the promo is over to get additional points.

annerj Apr 14, 2010 8:40 am

I was excited when I saw the thread....thought it was a new promo coming up. I could use another 60k promo!!!

judolphin Apr 14, 2010 8:42 am

Originally Posted by annerj (Post 13768346)
I was excited when I saw the thread....thought it was a new promo coming up. I could use another 60k promo!!!

Hey, I know the feeling. As soon as we get the new promos, let's post them here.

BrightlyBob Apr 14, 2010 9:45 am

Originally Posted by judolphin (Post 13768361)
Hey, I know the feeling. As soon as we get the new promos, let's post them here.

That's certainly the best way, we post adding what we get and you just change your original posting with the new details once they're all through, that way the current megabonus options can be seen each time on the opening post...

So nice of you to volunteer :D

judolphin Apr 14, 2010 9:47 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob (Post 13769479)
That's certainly the best way, we post adding what we get and you just change your original posting with the new details once they're all through, that way the current megabonus options can be seen each time on the opening post...

So nice of you to volunteer :D

No problem, I'll be happy to do it as long as I can.

BrightlyBob Apr 14, 2010 9:50 am

By 'eck, that was a fast reply...

judolphin Apr 14, 2010 9:59 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob (Post 13769520)
By 'eck, that was a fast reply...

I'm on the computer and subscribed to the thread, so I get notified right away when there's a reply.

yorkshire exile Apr 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Not my experience Bob (if there is difference between UK vs US) - however I just emailed via the help function on the Marriott website. They said I could be switched no problem to the 60k offer - but to contact them after the promo finished....
Could just be pot luck with who picks up your query..

By' eck - are you sure you're a brummy? very much tyke vernacular that (just to confuse our American bretheren ;-) )