Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hedging my bet on EEO dates after June 6th?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hedging my bet on EEO dates after June 6th?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL- 1k, Marriot Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat.Hilton Gold VIP
Question Hedging my bet on EEO dates after June 6th?

I have a few full weekend stays at the end of June and wondered when the EEO certificates are typically posted. The current one expires June 6th. Is there some historical data that may show when the next ones may come out?
Also, can I make an EEO reservation before they are released?
I really appreciate everybody's help on the front side!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The next EEO period will most likely it will include the last weekend of June. You can make reservations now at current publicly available rates and call later to have an EEO added to them if the reservation falls under the EEO period.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:45 pm

What is EEO....I am platinum and not sure I understand what you are referring to....sounds like free nights. Am I missing something?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Its buy one night get one free valid for Fri-Sat-Sun night stays only. Includes most JW, Renaissance and Marriotts - so the full service hotels only.

There are restrictions on them though, most notably New York is excluded in Manhattan except for the Renaissance 57.

I love it, its great. Available for Gold/Plat/PP only I believe.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:07 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by wolfgame
What is EEO....I am platinum and not sure I understand what you are referring to....sounds like free nights. Am I missing something?
A lot of the posters on FT assume that abbreviations are universal, unfortunately, even when some or all of the abbreviations used here are a great mystery to many readers.

No, EEO is not what patchan8984 said, "Its buy one night get one free valid for Fri-Sat-Sun night stays only." That would be a BOGO!

EEO stands for ELITE EXCLUSIVE OFFERS, and what that means is special offers from Marriott and Marriott partners which are ONLY offered to Marriott elite members.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
June 25 would be my guess.

Historical data provided below:

Summer 04: Received coupons early June; Coupons expired Aug 31.

Fall 04: Received coupons end of Oct/Early Nov; Coupons expired Dec 31.

Winter 05: Coupons only went to those that renewed Gold or Platinum status. Those like me that went from Gold to Platinum, or others that went from Silver to Gold, did not receive coupons because we did not receive a renewal package. Some of us did call in and were sent coupons. Received with renewal letters mid-February with April 30 expiration.

Spring 05: Were available on-line March 29; Coupons expired June 15.

Summer 05: Were available on-line June 12; Coupons expired September 15.

Fall 05: Were available on-line November 8; Coupons expired January 30.

Winter/Spring 06: Guessing they were available on-line sometime in February (I could not find a post stating the exact date); Coupons expired April 30.

Summer 06: Were available on-line May 18; Coupons expired August 28.

Fall 06: Were available on-line October 25; Coupons expired January 14.

Winter/Spring 07: Three different sets of the (4) buy 1 get 1 free dinners and weekend stays, each set dated for three different date ranges in 2007 were available online on January 16 with wrong expiration date and then January 19 with corrected effective dates.

Dates for 2007 EEOs:

March 2, 2007 to June 3, 2007
June 29, 2007 to October 7, 2007
October 26 , 2007 to January 13, 2008

2008 paper EEOs out on January 18, 2008 for the following effective dates:

March 7, 2008 - June 8, 2008
June 27, 2008 - October 5, 2008
October 31, 2008 - January 11, 2009

Dates for 2009 EEOs (all EEOs are now online only) :

March 6, 2009 - June 7, 2009
June 26, 2009 - October 11, 2009
October 30, 2009 to January 10, 2010

Dates for 2010 EEOs (all EEOs are now online only) :

March 5, 2010 - June 6, 2010
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
aaupgrade, thanks for the historical data. And reading it reminded me that I can use it in Vienna in September. Oh drat - no I can't, because int'l is excluded

Oh well, at least I'm putting it to good use this term. Need to go print it out now for my trip tomorrow.

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:27 am

You're welcome and this thread was timed perfectly. Since I usually stay at international properties or resorts I rarely use these offers. I am planning a stay for Memorial Day in Seattle and will try to use an EEO BOGO with the rates I have booked. So, thank you OP for the heads up.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
You're welcome and this thread was timed perfectly. Since I usually stay at international properties or resorts I rarely use these offers. I am planning a stay for Memorial Day in Seattle and will try to use an EEO BOGO with the rates I have booked. So, thank you OP for the heads up.
Check all the rates for the Renaissance there, and see if there is a SAVVY SAVINGS CERT (Ren equivalent of Bonus Bucks) available there. The last time I stayed there, there was an obscure SS available at a very good rate, which also included full breakfast. It was labled Alaska Adventure or something like that, but no one could explain why it was called that, with the minor possibility that it might have something to do with people staying there before embarking on cruises to Alaska, which would make the timing just right for your Memorial Day stay.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
Check all the rates for the Renaissance there, and see if there is a SAVVY SAVINGS CERT (Ren equivalent of Bonus Bucks) available there. The last time I stayed there, there was an obscure SS available at a very good rate, which also included full breakfast. It was labled Alaska Adventure or something like that, but no one could explain why it was called that, with the minor possibility that it might have something to do with people staying there before embarking on cruises to Alaska, which would make the timing just right for your Memorial Day stay.
That rate was $179. Instead I went with the $169 weekend rate that includes parking. Yes, the other one is a bit better, but for personal reasons I don't care for BB or SS certs. I'm happy with my rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.