Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Seattle Marriott Waterfront [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Taking the advice from this board, I called on the day of arrival to check upgrade availability. After being shuffled between front desk, reservations, and "at your service" desk, I was able to go from a concierge level upgrade to a confirmed suite!

Upon check in, the fron desk supervisor looked at my reservation and declared "we have a fabulous upgrade for you!" It was a large corner suite with a balcony and full view of the waterfront....unbelievable. Yes it was low season and midweek, but what a wonderful way to spend time in Seattle... so I extended my stay one more day to enjoy the impressive suite. This experience definitely makes being a Plat worthwhile!
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
sweet!! now where are the pictures?
Old Mar 6, 2004, 6:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Apart from your upgrade success, was the rest of the hotel to your liking? (The other report I found on this hotel was favorable, and I have an upcoming award stay there, so just doing some research in advance. Thanks.)
Old Mar 6, 2004, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UALOneKPlus:
sweet!! now where are the pictures? </font>
Sorry, no camera = no pictures.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yyzflyer:
Apart from your upgrade success, was the rest of the hotel to your liking?</font>
The location and service are both great. It's within walking distance to most downtown attractions. Front desk staff, concierge, and even the valet provided excellent service with a smile. I didn't try the lounge or pool though. The only downside is $25 per day for parking. Overall I'd highly recommend it.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 12:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by free_miles:
The location and service are both great. It's within walking distance to most downtown attractions. Front desk staff, concierge, and even the valet provided excellent service with a smile. I didn't try the lounge or pool though. The only downside is $25 per day for parking. Overall I'd highly recommend it.</font>
Thanks. My wife will want to go to Nordstrom's , and the map made it look like walking into downtown would be difficult - a freeway in the way IIRC. As outrageous as $25 for parking is, it's a bargain on a free stay at what sounds like a great property.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yyzflyer:
and the map made it look like walking into downtown would be difficult - a freeway in the way IIRC. </font>
There is an outside elevator that will take you up and then walk under the freeway. You will be within one block of the market at that point. It is very easy to get there and to Nordies. If you there on a weekend there is free parking on the street.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:09 am

Does anyone know if the executive lounge is open on weekends?
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:17 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Does anyone know if the executive lounge is open on weekends?</font>
Yes. It was last August. And it has a great lounge with a fantastic view of the sky line at night.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 1:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by longing4piedmont:
Yes. It was last August. And it has a great lounge with a fantastic view of the sky line at night.</font>
Excellent. Thanks l4p, we'll be there in May.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 6:33 am

Programs: UA2P
Seattle Marriott Waterfront

Has anyone stayed at this hotel before?
In looking at the rates I see three options: Quality Room for $129. Water View for $144, and Concierge Level for $149. Normally I stay at Hyatt's, but on occassion have stayed at Marriott's (cities where there are no Hyatt's).
I'm making a milage run to Seattle and will be dragging my fiance along with me (will be in Seattle for one day only).
Any details on the concierge level? Free continental bfast, hors d' ovres, etc.? I normally stay at Hyatt's Regency club, and was wondering how this compared. There is about a pretty big price difference between hotels, and since I stay at both throughout the year, I'm looking for the best bang for the buck.
Thanks for your help.
Oh, and is it worth the extra money for the Concierge level (being only $20 difference)?
Old Jan 12, 2005, 9:58 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
There have been quite a few threads that reference the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. If you click the search button above and utilize Seattle Waterfront, you'll find quite a few...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...tle+waterfront

Bob
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:39 am

Any rate advice for Seattle Waterfront Marriott?

Hi all...

I'll be in Seattle for Sept. 8-10, and with the Seahawks opener, rates are kinda high. Anyone have any good experience with a rate code that works well at this hotel? I'm getting a rate of $269, IIRC. The Renaissance appears to be full so codes won't help there. Only thing available is a plat override at $249/nt.

For my company, I need to get a little under $200. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I recall staying downtown in the past for much less. Just wondering.

Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
My advice for this way-overpriced property is to see if the nearby Courtyard (on the lake) is available. Springhill Suites downtown is showing $199 ($189 AAA) for those nights.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

I have fond memories of staying at the Waterfront Marriott. I used to be able to get corp rates under $200 and then get upgraded to a corner suite overlooking the water. But I think those days are gone and you're probably out of luck. I have also been upgraded to corner suites at the Ren as well.

By the way, I found a $156 corp rate at the Ren for the dates you mentioned. What's it worth to you?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 1:46 pm

Ohmark, before I started this thread I should have mentioned that I did book the Courtyard on Lake Union as a backup. Thanks.

And freemiles, you're not talking about the generic corporate rate, are you? Because that isn't available for those dates as far as I can tell. The hotel is sold out.

I get the feeling you're talking about a particular corporate rate. You can PM me if you'd prefer not to talk openly about this here.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.