Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA-Plat,United-P.Ex, Marriott-Gold, Hyatt-Plat
Mexico

I have never been to Mexico and I am planning to vacation there in early February using my Marriott points and NWA miles. I'm not too interested in golf, more concerned with scenic location, excellent accomodations, top dining options and sightseeing venues. The Marriotts in Cancun look very nice, but I am hoping to receive recommendations from forum participants who have vacationed in Mexico.

All recommendations would be appreciated.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond,
Although I've not been to the Puerto Vallarta Marriott, I've been to PV seven times. It's our family's favorite vacation. You still get the mexican culture feel in a resort town, the mountains and jungle come right up to the bay which makes for great scenery. Plenty to do from day cruises on the bay to Canopy Tours, great beaches and night life and great, inexpensive restaurants to numerous to mention.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:09 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
I stayed at the Casa Magna Cancun, and was kept busy with daytrips to Tulum, Xcaret nature park, and of course the great pyramids at Chichen Itza. Had wonderful authentic Mexican (including aged tequila tastings) and seafood meals within walking distance, and took the inexpensive taxi into downtown Cancun to a fine dining restaurant for another great meal.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Here is my opinion of the Cancun JW from last January 2007: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647980
Old Nov 30, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
I am going to the JW Cancun in Feb, from my research that is the best choice for a Marriott in Mexico.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
JW in Cancun is wonderful. Take a look at the Casa Magna as well which is very nice. My wife prefers Casa Magna due to the hotel staff seem more friendly.

You can't go wrong with either one. I do think there is some construction going on at JW
Old Dec 3, 2007, 1:40 pm

I have stayed at the PV and Cancun Casa Magna and the Cancun JW. I would pick the JW, but all are great. You should get going on a reservation you still may be able to get a standard reward at one of the CM's
Old Dec 3, 2007, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Another vote for the JW Cancun, but the Casa Magna next door is not bad either.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
We were in Puerto Vallarta for Thanksgiving week, and enjoyed it so much we have already made reservations for March. We have been to Cancun, but prefer PVR -
Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
I had completely taken Puerto Vallarta off my list...maybe I need to revisit that decision

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.