Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn, Minneapolis (Malls of America)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Used the search function but couldn't find any thread.
How is the property? How far is the Malls of America?

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I haven't stayed at that RI so I can comment, but if you search the Marriott website you can see that the hotel is about a mile from the Mall of America and across a freeway. A car would be necessary to visit the mall.

Closer to the mall is the full-service "airport" Marriott and a somewhat newish Fairfield Inn. You could conceivalbly walk to the mall, but I think both properties have shuttle buses. I have stayed at both and they are OK within their respective classes.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by h_united
How far is the Malls of America?
www.mapquest.com

And it's Mall of America.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
it's right there but it's not walking distance IMO but their shuttle will drop you off/pick you up
Old Mar 14, 2006, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
On a nice day, if you like a good walk...

Actually, the road that the Residence Inn is on is fairly low-traffic and passes under the freeway. We have walked from the RI to the MOA with no problems. Distance is approximately a mile, a lot closer if you're just headed to Ikea. Sometimes we walk over just to get the fresh air and then ride the shuttle back after we've bought a bunch of stuff. There are four Marriotts along that road and I think they share a shuttle or two. (CY, RI, FI, and a FS Marriott)

The FS Marriott is directly across the parking lot from the Mall.

The CY is adjacent to the RI. The CY has a bar & restaurant. All of these properties are OK - about what you'd expect out of the suburban version of whichever brand you choose.

We nearly always pick the RI, but with an EEO or a Premium Pounds, we'll do the FS Marriott.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pinniped
Actually, the road that the Residence Inn is on is fairly low-traffic and passes under the freeway. We have walked from the RI to the MOA with no problems. Distance is approximately a mile, a lot closer if you're just headed to Ikea. Sometimes we walk over just to get the fresh air and then ride the shuttle back after we've bought a bunch of stuff. There are four Marriotts along that road and I think they share a shuttle or two. (CY, RI, FI, and a FS Marriott)

The FS Marriott is directly across the parking lot from the Mall.

The CY is adjacent to the RI. The CY has a bar & restaurant. All of these properties are OK - about what you'd expect out of the suburban version of whichever brand you choose.

We nearly always pick the RI, but with an EEO or a Premium Pounds, we'll do the FS Marriott.
Yeah but I wouldn't walk along that underpass....the few cars down there don't seem to obey any laws, I'd take the shuttle
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
I've never stayed there. I looked at tripadvisor.com and it ranks this RI @ 14 out of 34 in Bloomington, MN. I tend to stay at the FS Marriott.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
I stayed there a couple of years ago. Their breakfast was what I like to call 'continental-plus,' with a waffle iron, eggs, etc. Not a full-on hot breakfast, but certainly enough to start your day. The rooms are standard for an RI property, and are grouped into little 'cottages' around the property. My room was in a cottage that housed four (IIRC) rooms.

They have a free shuttle to the MOA, so no need to walk, unless you're just into that sort of thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.