Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Need some help with a hotel in Chicago

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways

I will visit Chicago for 4 days with my wife for a holiday but i see that the parking cost are very high ( 35 Dollar a day ) at the Mag Mile Marriott.

Does somebody know if there is a Marriott in the neigbourhood with a metro or subway so i can park my car at a hotel with no parkingcost. (safe area)

I did the same at Atlanta and it work well ( we were staying at the Westin businness-ditrict and took the subway everyday to downtown. ( 10 minutes )
and the Westin cost 78 Dollar a nights

Thanks,

Pascal, The Netherlands
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Good Luck!

Parking almost everywhere d.t. in Chicago costs, period. Parking, even at the FF Inn on Ontario is $35 a day.

Why not park out of town near MDW, take the orange line in or Blue line from ORD?....or park in Winetka and take the Metra...or someother town.

p.s. I'd stay at Renaissance on 1 Wacker over Marriott on Mich. Ave anyday!
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:52 am
glg

I'll go a step further, why will you have a car at all? If you're just visiting downtown, there's no need at all. If you're going to make a few trips, rent a car downtown for when you need it.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by jnbinpvb
I'd stay at Renaissance on 1 Wacker over Marriott on Mich. Ave anyday!
Absolutely.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:43 am

Another vote for the Ren.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:19 pm

Don't take a car into downtown if you can help it. The blue line train from ORD offers a very convenient and direct trip into the city.

I too recommend the Ren on Wacker. Your stop is Clark & Lake, and it's about 2 blocks to the hotel.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
thanks from Pascal

Thanks everybody i will book the Ren at walker, i need a car because we are on car-trip from Detroit to Dallas.

Pascal.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 5:14 pm

That Renaissance is far, far better than the Downtown Marriott. I will never stay at the Marriott again after staying at the Ren. Great choice. And they upgrade (at least they used to) whenever possible. I've had some sweet suites there.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold, Delta SM, Southwest CP
Whether you're going for business or pleasure, the Ren is a much better choice IMHO. Great staff, great property, lounge open on weekends and, as referenced above, looser with upgrades.

But you'll pay a lot for parking there, too.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:14 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Originally Posted by cpspas
I will visit Chicago for 4 days with my wife for a holiday but i see that the parking cost are very high ( 35 Dollar a day ) at the Mag Mile Marriott.

Does somebody know if there is a Marriott in the neigbourhood with a metro or subway so i can park my car at a hotel with no parkingcost. (safe area)

I did the same at Atlanta and it work well ( we were staying at the Westin businness-ditrict and took the subway everyday to downtown. ( 10 minutes )
and the Westin cost 78 Dollar a nights

Thanks,

Pascal, The Netherlands
I agree that u do not need a car in downtown chicago.
One further option is the Marriott near O'Hare - Rosemont I think. It is visible from I-90. Across the hotel car park (2 minutes walk) is a CTA train station with frquent trains to downtown Chicago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.