Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Renaissance chicago downtown vs JW Marriott chicago, which one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I am debating between the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel and the JW Marriott Chicago, which one is a better choice?

Which one has a better lounge and closer to subway?

Thanks,
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
The Renaissance Chicago Downtown wins on all fronts for me. Better location (both closer to Michigan Ave/the river and closer to a greater number of train lines) and better rooms. The JW lounge was closed the weekend I stayed there, but the Ren had a very nice lounge. That Renaissance is one of the nicest Marriott properties I've ever stayed at, IMO.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I vote for the REN too (although never did the JW). Decent lounge and tremendous 3 night upgrade, worth the walk to the Hyatt daily for my conference. Avoid the Mag Mile FS across the river at all costs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.